Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Hi, i would know if my pc is good enough to run Dayz:

Desktop or laptop?  Desktop
Monitor resolution:1440x900
CPU:Intel® Core i5 CPU     650  @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHZ
Graphics card:ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 
RAM:* 4 GB
SSD? (Yes/No) No

Yep it will run, many settings on low some on medium.

Hi :) Im saving money for a new computer and I came up with some specs,I just wanted to ask if I'll be able to run the game on high-very high and with how much frames at the forest or a city like berezino/elektro

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Processor 

GPU: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR3 2400MHz

Hi,I'm new to the forums so if this topic is in the wrong place let me know.

I'm looking for a laptop that can play Dayz Standalone fairly good.

All I want to do is play Dayz Standalone on it, I have a budget of $450 USD.

So any good cheap laptops for Dayz (SA)out there, and if so which ones?

P.S I'm from USA

Edited by TylerIrish

Id probably start in this threadhttp://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154395-can-i-run-dayz-retail-post-here/. might get a good idea of what equipment will run dayz.

Also it may help posters willing to help if they knew what country your in (for prices in countries vary alot.)

Final point if its just to play dayz why does it need to be a laptop as a desktop in the same price range will run it better(and for cost you can always use an existing flat screen tv for the monitor.

Welcome to the forums mate.

• Like 1

Id probably start in this threadhttp://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154395-can-i-run-dayz-retail-post-here/. might get a good idea of what equipment will run dayz.

Also it may help posters willing to help if they knew what country your in (for prices in countries vary alot.)

Final point if its just to play dayz why does it need to be a laptop as a desktop in the same price range will run it better(and for cost you can always use an existing flat screen tv for the monitor.

Welcome to the forums mate.

ok thanks,i updated the question.

I never thought about connecting a desktop to a flatscreen tv.

I have a wired internet connection so to connect my desktop to my tv I would need a vary long Ethernet cord,so that's kinda why I want a laptop.

I already have a desktop that wont run Dayz.

Edited by TylerIrish

ok thanks,i updated the question.

I never thought about connecting a desktop to a flatscreen tv.

I have a wired internet connection so to connect my desktop to my tv I would need a vary long Ethernet cord,so that's kinda why I want a laptop.

I already have a desktop that wont run Dayz.

Nope dont need a really long ethernet cable best solution is a power line set up ( i use one myself lol ) check them out if you have never seen them ,basicly you plug them into you modem/router plug them into the walls power socket then there is a second unit you plug into the power socket near your pc and plug you pc into that and it uses the houses copper power wiring to transfer your internet....

Whats the desktop eg why wont it run dayz ,it may be cheaper to upgrade parts of that pc to run the game than buy a laptop...

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Nope dont need a really long ethernet cable best solution is a power line set up ( i use one myself lol ) check them out if you have never seen them ,basicly you plug them into you modem/router plug them into the walls power socket then there is a second unit you plug into the power socket near your pc and plug you pc into that and it uses the houses copper power wiring to transfer your internet....

Whats the desktop eg why wont it run dayz ,it may be cheaper to upgrade parts of that pc to run the game than buy a laptop...

wow sounds cool!,I will research this.

Its a small acer desktop,Im not sure about the specs(I didn't pick it out)but I'm pretty sure that it wont because its not very powerful,and a lot of the memory is already used up.

I'm not very good with computers(as you can see lol)and I don't wont to get into the whole up-gradeing stuff.

wow sounds cool!,I will research this.

Its a small acer desktop,Im not sure about the specs(I didn't pick it out)but I'm pretty sure that it wont because its not very powerful,and a lot of the memory is already used up.

I'm not very good with computers(as you can see lol)and I don't wont to get into the whole up-gradeing stuff.

Ok well just to have a look at what it is do this. Press the windows key(usually second from the left at the bottom with the R key at the same time this opens the run command box an simply type dxdiag and then hit enter it will bring up all relevant stats of your pc , copy and paste them here if you could(the upgrade could be a simple as putting a graphic card in it which honestly is so easy to do it aint funny...

• Like 1

Hi,I'm new to the forums so if this topic is in the wrong place let me know.

I'm looking for a laptop that can play Dayz Standalone fairly good.

All I want to do is play Dayz Standalone on it, I have a budget of $450 USD.

So any good cheap laptops for Dayz (SA)out there, and if so which ones?

P.S I'm from USA

Everyone says 450 wont buy you anything good, but that's wrong. My laptop im using right now was $425 USD, and runs it on medium/high settings at about 40-ish fps. I bought it at Wal-Mart.com, im not sure if the exact one is still available, I bought it about 6 months ago.

The Specs are:

CPU: Intel CORE i3 4010U 1.7Ghz

GPU: Intel HD 4400 graphics

RAM: 6 GB DDR3

Screen: 1366x768

hope I helped, as I said this rig runs it great.

• Like 1

Ok so this is what it says.

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2 CPUs),~1.6GHz

Memory:4096MB RAM

Page File:2633MB used,1387MB available

DirectX Version:DirectX 11

Everyone says 450 wont buy you anything good, but that's wrong. My laptop im using right now was $425 USD, and runs it on medium/high settings at about 40-ish fps. I bought it at Wal-Mart.com, im not sure if the exact one is still available, I bought it about 6 months ago.

The Specs are:

That's good to know,because I honestly didn't think 400$ was going to get me very far.

The Specs are:

Ok so this is what it says.

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2 CPUs),~1.6GHz

Memory:4096MB RAM

Page File:2633MB used,1387MB available

DirectX Version:DirectX 11

Bugger i was hoping to see something like an i3 or i5 or i7 ( or even an fx 8150,8320) which is so common in pre made pc's and then it really is just a case of adding a graphics card to it.

It has an apu so its both cpu and gpu in one and in most cases i would say that would run a game aswell if not better than the laptop Dwalker posted ( amd intergrated graphics are generally better than intels but they have less cpu power .

But as dayz is pretty cpu crazy (and not multithreaded to boot) it would give most likely very sub par results on that (with no easy upgrade path being an older style APU)

So tough one really if it was me with that budget id still build a desktop to run it but as i dont think you would build one yourself then something like Dwalker is suggesting may be your best path.

Keep in mind though min specs listed ask for a 2.4 ghz dual core cpu but many people running laptops manage to get semi respectable results on sub 2ghz cpus (helps runing the lower resolution of 1366x768 vs 1920x1080)

So basicly look in your area for a laptop with the highest cpu power thats in your budget (again if it was me on that budget just for dayz id build a pc using the new pentium dual core as that overclocks great and can easily get 4.4 ghz out of it for a 50 dollar cpu ,slap a 750ti in 160 bucks on a cheap mobo and built in psu on a cheap case and you would get under the 450 mark with something that will motor through the game at 1080p.(ram is dirt cheap these days so 8 gig of standard 1600mhz will give you plenty to run any program you want.)

Edited by SoulFirez

Bugger i was hoping to see something like an i3 or i5 or i7 ( or even an fx 8150,8320) which is so common in pre made pc's and then it really is just a case of adding a graphics card to it.

It has an apu so its both cpu and gpu in one and in most cases i would say that would run a game aswell if not better than the laptop Dwalker posted ( amd intergrated graphics are generally better than intels but they have less cpu power .

But as dayz is pretty cpu crazy (and not multithreaded to boot) it would give most likely very sub par results on that (with no easy upgrade path being an older style APU)

So tough one really if it was me with that budget id still build a desktop to run it but as i dont think you would build one yourself then something like Dwalker is suggesting may be your best path.

Keep in mind though min specs listed ask for a 2.4 ghz dual core cpu but many people running laptops manage to get semi respectable results on sub 2ghz cpus (helps runing the lower resolution of 1366x768 vs 1920x1080)

So basicly look in your area for a laptop with the highest cpu power thats in your budget (again if it was me on that budget just for dayz id build a pc using the new pentium dual core as that overclocks great and can easily get 4.4 ghz out of it for a 50 dollar cpu ,slap a 750ti in 160 bucks on a cheap mobo and built in psu on a cheap case and you would get under the 450 mark with something that will motor through the game at 1080p.(ram is dirt cheap these days so 8 gig of standard 1600mhz will give you plenty to run any program you want.)

since you told me about these "Power line adapters" a desktop my not be out of my reach.

SoulFirez, could I E-mail you or maybe post another topic about "power line adapters" in the general topics form? I wish to learn more about these.

Edited by TylerIrish

since you told me about these "Power line adapters" a desktop my not be out of my reach.

SoulFirez, could I E-mail you or maybe post another topic about "power line adapters" in the general topics form? I wish to learn more about these.

1361-DLinkDHPP309AVPowerLineAV500Passthr

This is an example of a really cheap effective powerline set up. PM me if you have any further questions but they really are such an easy tech to use just plug in and away you go..it comes with the 2 short ethernet cables you need to connect to router/modem and to the pc after that it is literally plug the thing into the wall( the plugs in your country may be different but i am sure they sell the same thing there just with the correct power plug.

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Also, no multi accounting please.

Your old account was temporarily suspended for spamming, the suspension should be lifted shortly.

Please quit the spammy spam-spam now.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

I'm planning to buy/build most likely buy a PC, just for games in particular.

CPU: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Desktop Gaming Computer @4.0 GHz TURBO: 4.2 GHz

RAM: 16GB RAM (1600 MHZ)

GPU: LATEST AMD RADEON HD8570D Graphics!

Hardrive: 1TB SEAGATE Barracuda 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive With 64MB Cache

Monitor: N/A

FAN:500W Quiet Power Supply Featuring Large 120mm Cooling Fan,

CASE: High Quality Vantage BLUE Desktop PC Gaming Case with 3 x 120mm BLUE LED Cooling Fans.

EXTRA INFO/": SD Memory Card Reader Built Into Top of Case

TRIPLE Monitor Support (LOL)

Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN

I think that's all the information you guys need haha :)! I'm a youtuber and I want a decent PC that can run games like the Sims 4 (I know easy), Gmod, Dayz, all sorts really.

Thanks for your time

Or I could just buy a Alienware but they are really expensive :(

Hi, Can I run DayZ Standalone, and how do you reckon it will run? My specs are:

CPU: Intel Core Quad 2 Q9400 @ 2,66 Ghz

RAM: 4 GB

GPU: Nvida Geforce GTX 280

Screen Resolution: 1680x1050

Thank you. 

Edited by Mathulse