exomonkeyman

You feel thirsty... FFFFFFF

Dose it ever stop? I always feel hungry and thirsty and it never goes away. It's not right not knowing how hungry you actually are.

• Like 1

Yea I personally don't like this. I'd much prefer the icons from the mod.

I like the idea. Survival very little hud. But i never even see the text cause it's in the text box, my eyes are on the gameplay.

I have to admit, I don't really like this change.  I get the idea behind it, and I like a minimal U/I but I thought the mod's way of letting you know your hungry and thirsty was fine.

I'm sure it will grow on me though.  Having fun with the alpha. :D

Hello there

Remember its all WIP and subject to change.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

Remember its all WIP and subject to change.

Rgds

LoK

IDEA: Lot of work for this to work. But maybe when your guy gets to %15 hunger left the character should start to look hungry. No idea how to implement it so it looks good. But it would be good

I never understood why they went back to text messages. I also liked the mod's interface with one simple difference. Make it that pressing the 'T' button opens the hud, such as "Tactical View". The screen should be completely empty of messages etc, except for as long as you press 'T' and see how hungry and thirsty you are.

• Like 1

I sorta like it, makes it seem more realistic, but I can see it getting annoying

IDEA: Lot of work for this to work. But maybe when your guy gets to %15 hunger left the character should start to look hungry. No idea how to implement it so it looks good. But it would be good

Hello there,

Interesting.

Damaged items have different states, it would be good if hunger could affect ones appearance over time. hmmmm.

Rdgs

LoK

Hello there,

Interesting.

Damaged items have different states, it would be good if hunger could affect ones appearance over time. hmmmm.

Rdgs

LoK

I don't think there's too much difference to be able to tell. Sounds would be the best, grumbling stomach means very hungry and panting or wheezing means your throat is parched

find a canteen and a water pump, I believe the water pump is always clean and unlimited

if I'm wrong I may die shortly cause I've been chugging it

• Like 3

I'm unconcious at the moment, no idea how long this shit lasts....

Does that mean you volunteer to be beaten via pipe by a naked steak?

• Like 1

Would really like it if you didn't need a container to take a drink from a pump or a pond.  If I'm so thirsty that I may pass out,  I think I may just take a drink from the source.  

I took a drink from a pond earlier without a canteen.  Its doable.  Now, I dont know if its advisable  LOL with all the diseases that are going to be in the game. but ....

I took a drink from a pond earlier without a canteen.  Its doable.  Now, I dont know if its advisable  LOL with all the diseases that are going to be in the game. but ....

Well that's cool that it's doable.  I wonder if you can drink from the wells without a container?

i drink a coke and 1 complete bottle of water until i was fine .. then eat a complete can of food ... 5 minutes later .. im thirsty and im hungry ... 5 minutes later after that im unconscious .. been there 1 hour .. still there unconscious . i understand maybe they are trying to make it real but if its supposed to be real then food should be every 8 hours and drink  probably every 4 hours. !! 

Well that's cool that it's doable.  I wonder if you can drink from the wells without a container?

Hello there

I dont think you can at the moment.

Theres an option there, but mashing it seemed not to do anything.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Ahh i didnt have my headphones on at the time, so perhaps i missed the initial "slurp"....

I'm unconcious at the moment, no idea how long this shit lasts....

Me too. I've been waiting a while. Worst part is, I was thirsty (who isn't), I went to consume a drink, then the second it hits my mouth, I pass out. It seems like drinking actually knocked me out.

Anyway, I was most of the way to NWAF, and had good loot, so I'm not willing to give up quite yet. I remember rocket saying in one of the streams that the unconsciousness lasts excessively long at the moment, so I'm optimistic I'll wake up at some point.

I gave up. Pressed respawn after being unconscious for 20 minutes....caused by drinking a soda while thirsty

"Scene ready..."

"Testing 1 2 3..."

"I feel thirsty..."

<snipping gif>

OrLoK says? I get your point, but a bit much.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 2

" hello there"

I also really dislike the message system, instead of trying to make a less intrusive hud, we now have the spamming us with messages...

Maybe make food really scarce AND make it so you only have to eat every 6 hours and drink every 2 hours??..

I mean the day/ night cycle is realistic why not my bloody digestion!

I like not having icons, so I think it's great so far. I can understand needing a drink of water often because of how much running I do in the game as well, but I think it's a little extreme at the moment.