ThinShifty

Really Bad Frame Rate

I'm getting around 23Fps average on this game. My specs are a little better than the recommended, and far above the minimum requirements. I have no trouble running Battlefield on High settings with at least 45Fps, usually 50+ on High with some AA and other settings cranked to ultra. 

I've put Dayz on the lowest possible setting, with no AA, no post-processing, and everything on "Very Low" or Disabled completely, yet I still get drops to 19 in cities, and around 24 frames in forests. 

Is there any known bugs that cause this? Anything to fix it or is it just poor optimization?

If im not mistaken Dean said they werent focusing on client optimization. YET.

Lol sucks to be you...

No but in all seriousness, are you playing at your  native resolution? 100% 3D resolution? What GPU do you have? Have you tried setting shadows/terrain/textures to "High" ? Have you edited your .cfg or launched DayZ with additional start up parameters?

Edited by Applejaxc

yet I still get drops to 19 in cities

Pretty average to be honest.

I'm getting around 23Fps average on this game. My specs are a little better than the recommended, and far above the minimum requirements. I have no trouble running Battlefield on High settings with at least 45Fps, usually 50+ on High with some AA and other settings cranked to ultra. 

I've put Dayz on the lowest possible setting, with no AA, no post-processing, and everything on "Very Low" or Disabled completely, yet I still get drops to 19 in cities, and around 24 frames in forests. 

Is there any known bugs that cause this? Anything to fix it or is it just poor optimization?

How many players where on the server? How's your internet connection?

Whacked all the settings up to very high and mine running lovely and smooth, 40 players on server and im running around them big blocks of flats in cherno. very impressed so far :)

• Like 1

I have terrible fps. GTX 670 i7 2600K @ 4.5 16GB RAM. The fps is pretty much the same if not worse. I never hit 60 even at low

Don't worry bro, it's in Alpha, that means your 64GB RAM, 780Ti SLI SSD powered machine should run this game at approximately 30 FPS? 

Seriously though, the game runs like SHIT on very good systems and it seems to be exactly the same lack of optimisation that every other BI game has.

I hate to disappoint you, but comparing BF4 to DayZ is like comparing Apples to Bicycles.

The fps problem can be solved unlike in A2 because the low fps in cities is only because of client side optimization. A2 low fps was because of the Arma network and heavy AI that kills the CPU.

This optimization is very different from Arma.

Edited by St. Jimmy

The fps problem can be solved unlike in A2 because the low fps in cities is only because of client side optimization. A2 low fps was because of the Arma network and heavy AI that kills the CPU.

This optimization is very different from Arma.

Wut? FPS drops in A2 tremendously even when playing without AI just roaming the map. 

Lol sucks to be you...

No but in all seriousness, are you playing at your  native resolution? 100% 3D resolution? What GPU do you have? Have you tried setting shadows/terrain/textures to "High" ? Have you edited your .cfg or launched DayZ with additional start up parameters?

I've tried all types of settings. Usually, increasing settings from low to high doesn't make a huge difference, I just lose maybe 3-4 frames on some things. Ambient Occlusion instantly chops off 10-11 frames. I'm playing in my native resolution. I dropped it down to something ridiculously low, looked like ass but still didn't improve my FPS. Haven't edited any .cfg shiz. Literally just downloaded from steam and played as is. I'll have to look in to it :D 

Wut? FPS drops in A2 tremendously even when playing without AI just roaming the map. 

Depends, really. Have you ever tested it thoroughly? I have. No problems.

Guys, noticed how the guys with i7 still get bad framerate? maybe the problem persist from the mod...

I've tried all types of settings. Usually, increasing settings from low to high doesn't make a huge difference, I just lose maybe 3-4 frames on some things. Ambient Occlusion instantly chops off 10-11 frames. I'm playing in my native resolution. I dropped it down to something ridiculously low, looked like ass but still didn't improve my FPS. Haven't edited any .cfg shiz. Literally just downloaded from steam and played as is. I'll have to look in to it :D

Lowering your 3D resolution (the thing with the 100% 80% etc next to it) won't affect your FPS; it just makes your game look like shit.

Guys, noticed how the guys with i7 still get bad framerate? maybe the problem persist from the mod...

Rocket's promise of fixing the fps lag is cities for the standalone can be added to his list of "cool things that will actually never happen".

Rocket's promise of fixing the fps lag is cities for the standalone can be added to his list of "cool things that will actually never happen".

It's been out for 5 hours and already the negative FOLK are crawling out of the woodwork.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 2

I haven't monitored CPU load while playing Arma III but I did notice my 7970 was barely doing any work while playing that game. I'm assuming this is using the same engine. Either there's a CPU bottle necking issue (AMD Phenom II 975 X4 @ 4.1GHz), poor optimization or both. Either way my FPS was shit in Arma III and I'm expecting it to be just as bad here.

Then your specs are low or/and your settings too high. 60fps is very achievable on empty map.

Has Rocket said what's wrong with the client side optimization? I've tested Chernarus+ on Arma 3 and I can get 60fps even in the apartment buildings near Cherno but in SA only about 20fps and it feels like it's only the buildings or items causing the issue in SA.

I to get 25fps in Cherno. Better than the mod that!! :D

Edited by Victus Mortuus

Hello there

Im getting superior fps to the mod on an old system (or it feels so), any version of the RV engine has always been hard on systems, im expecting it performance to be similar here.

Rgds

LoK

PS @sabre05 dont get personal. post edited.

Edited by orlok

I haven't monitored CPU load while playing Arma III but I did notice my 7970 was barely doing any work while playing that game. I'm assuming this is using the same engine. Either there's a CPU bottle necking issue (AMD Phenom II 975 X4 @ 4.1GHz), poor optimization or both. Either way my FPS was shit in Arma III and I'm expecting it to be just as bad here.

If you're getting low frames and low GPU usage, try adding -winxp as a startup parameter. I had the same problem and this fixed it. I went from 20-30 fps and 40-50% GPU usage to 40-50 fps and 99% GPU usage.

It's been out for 5 hours and already the negative FOLK are crawling out of the woodwork.

It's an alpha, so I'm going to share the issues I'm having.

I don't know why you paid into it to just flame anyone who isn't fanboy'ing as hard as you. 

The level of pretense almost dwarfs that of the elitist in your avatar.

Hello there

Im getting superior fps to the mod on an old system (or it feels so), any version of the RV engine has always been hard on systems, im expecting it performance to be similar here.

Rgds

LoK

PS @sabre05 dont get personal. post edited.

For me, it doesn't seem to be hard on my PC, but rather that it isn't using what's available. 30% CPU utilization with both GPUs ~40% utilization in cities. Outside of cities, FPS stays at 60 w/ vsync, util. doubles on cpu, util. maxes out on gpus, and lag disappears.

Edited by neosporin

Hello there

Lets keep on topic please.

If there's an issue hit that "report" button and let a mod deal with it.

Rdgs

LoK

I run SA @ 64 average frames with everything maxed :D