Sign in to follow this  
Day Unit

Having masks means no bandit skin in DayZ SA? :D

I'll probably get complained for making this thread. Maybe this is already a fact, maybe it isn't. But it seems to me that having masks in the game would cancel out the bandit mask. Unless Dev team decides the bandit mask would cover over the mask the survivor's wearing.

Edited by Day Unit

player make random skin in SA from cloth he finding in game :thumbsup: :)

is better system

example in mod I have sometime hero skin but I don't do hero shit :huh:

my friend doing hero and he enjoy challenge of making my bandit character to hero :rolleyes:

I enjoy challenge of making hero skin guy into bandit guy :P

we swap accounts we doing this over and over so Is normal I have hero skin sometime but I aint no hero

and he have bandit skin sometime but he never kill no guys unless they do shoots on him first :D

also with new system is possible recognise more player

example 'guy in elektro with red shirt blue trouser and clown mask is doing kill on sight guys' make warn to clan

Edited by KoS
  • Like 4

player make random skin in SA from cloth he finding in game :thumbsup: :)

is better system

example in mod I have sometime hero skin but I don't do hero shit :huh:

my friend doing hero and he enjoy challenge of making my bandit character to hero :rolleyes:

I enjoy challenge of making hero skin guy into bandit guy :P

we swap accounts we doing this over and over so Is normal I have hero skin sometime but I aint no hero

and he have bandit skin sometime but he never kill no guys unless they do shoots on him first :D

also with new system is possible recognise more player

example 'guy in elektro with red shirt blue trouser and clown mask is doing kill on sight guys' make warn to clan

That's a fun way to play, man. I actually supports removing bandit skin. There's a suggestion on the DayZ suggestions forum that gives a solution I really like, and it doesn't require bandit skin.

Instead it just needs a blacklisting mechanic in place. Player can switch on a 'masked' option. This makes other player unable to identify your true identity (blacklisted or not blacklisted). If you switched on 'masked', it doesn't matter if you're on the blacklist or not, people can feel free to shoot at you, or they can reserve their judgement or whatever.

Anyway, I'm totally hyped now, now that I realize having mask might mean the old bandit system would be gone.

Edited by Day Unit
  • Like 1

It's already a fact :D

I think it'll be rather sweet with out the forced skinns

• Like 1

added bonus for gameplay....

keep spare clothes in tent make change after murder spree ;)

some guy coming ask you 'hey, you see bastard with red shirt and clown mask?' >:(

you say 'yeah, he going that way' :)

after shoot in back :P

• Like 3

added bonus for gameplay....

keep spare clothes in tent make change after murder spree ;)

some guy coming ask you 'hey, you see bastard with red shirt and clown mask?' > :(

you say 'yeah, he going that way' :)

after shoot in back :P

I didn't even think of that! Nice one you crazy bastard :D :D

There might be some kind of humanity system (one far more subtle than bandit and hero skins) introduced further down the line, but not on release.

There might be some kind of humanity system (one far more subtle than bandit and hero skins) introduced further down the line, but not on release.

Urgh, I really hope there won't be. I mean, has any of you ever trusted a guy more because of his skinn? I know I haven't.

• Like 2

I do believe the plan is to have a defect for being a bandit, for example; you become this cannibal un-human creature

The point i'm trying to get accross is:

cp2CP4X.png

(I'm not good at things like this leave me be!)

So yeah it would be something like this:

Hero on the far left - Survivor in the middle - Bandit Golem Thing to the right - Zombie to the far right

I just don't see the point. I think that anyone playing the mod will agree when I say : I doesn't matter what skinn the other guy had or has. I just wanna suit my character up in all kinds of nice clothing that I personally like. With a bit of luck there will be enough variation in the clothing that we'll be able to tell our friends from somone else. So that everyone has a different look and we'll know "oh this is that guy".

Exept for KoS, who will go around shapeshifting and killing ;)

• Like 3

You can also dress your clan up in the same gang colors which is nice.

• Like 2