Sign in to follow this  
Karmaterror

My prefered Bandit/Hero Skins

Right, i spend a lot of time in the arma 2 editor, and while the hero skin at the moment is very cool looking....i just feel its somewhat unrealistic. As a hero player i tend to use stealth as an ally. Hiding in the bushes or trees watching things unfold and even trying to save bambis from bandits. 

If the zombie apocolypse ever happened, wether im friendly or not camo would be a concern....im not going to don my bright white check shirt and go try to hide in a green tree....its just common sence lol. 

So after a while looking trough models in the editor these would be my suggestions -

Hero Skin - USMC>MenFR>team Leader - This guy looks like a survival expert, but not overly military. Green pants and shirt with a green cap. Also a toolbelt with some visable stuff. Ok its a lil wierd that you can see a waterbottle if you aint carrying one, but hey we can use our imagination....maybe heros spawn with a water bottle as a lil perk.

Bandit Skin - Guerillas>Men>Rifleman He looks very Bandit-y and i think it is fair that the jeans provide a little least concealment as a sort of KOS deterent...like youl get more camo if your playing friendly than if ya charging in all the time.

The main thinking is that a guy who dosent want to get into combat needs to hide more.....the bandits dont require the camo as much if they not trying to avoid people.

From left to right...Bandit, Survivor, Hero

vl2aWtb.jpg

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 4

very nice.

Edited by Jfiles

Another thing that's been bugging me for a while and sorta carrys on from the bandit/hero skis is the bike skins. Whenever I find a motorbike its always either the green USMC one or that stupid flame coverd one, like this...

ypgiBce.jpg

Now I don't mind the dirt bike being in there, but why the USMC one or one covered in stupid vynal that wouldn't look out of place on a kids pushbike :P. Id rather see this dirt bike, and include the old moto, I think it fits the dayz-verse so much better than a USMC dirt bike.....

HJPPBKm.jpg

• Like 1

Hahaha fair play.... Bandits get joker? :D

Edited by Karmaterror

Personally i don't think either bandit or hero skin should have any camo properties, especially the bandit skin, it looks cool as it is, nether mind making it practical too.

Would love to see the OldMoto added, Though the USMC motorbike isn't actually in Vanilla dayz, but is often added by private hives. 

Personally i don't think either bandit or hero skin should have any camo properties, especially the bandit skin, it looks cool as it is, nether mind making it practical too.

Would love to see the OldMoto added, Though the USMC motorbike isn't actually in Vanilla dayz, but is often added by private hives. 

Damit....and my hive promotes themselves as "100% vanilla" lol...guess bike skin changes aint as bad as extra barracks and self bb an all that though  :)

P.S. what is the skin that's ment to be in vanilla? the flames one?

Edited by Karmaterror

Damit....and my hive promotes themselves as "100% vanilla" lol...guess bike skin changes aint as bad as extra barracks and self bb an all that though  :)

Ha, yeah a lot of private hives add things here and there, the only way to be sure its 100% vanilla is to use the official server files.

flames. white and the really ratty looking skin are vanilla, anything else has been added.

Yeah enough servers claim to be vanilla but aren't...that's why i stopped playing vanilla because pure servers are not...Sahrani is quite good and i like the island.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

Yeah enough servers claim to be vanilla but aren't...that's why i stopped playing vanilla because pure servers are not...Sahrani is quite good and i like the island.

Sahrani's the only on out there that comes close to Chernarus, great map.

Damit....and my hive promotes themselves as "100% vanilla" lol...guess bike skin changes aint as bad as extra barracks and self bb an all that though :)

I literally vomitted in my mouth when I heard the flames dirt bike may be the only one in the SA.

Another thing that's been bugging me for a while and sorta carrys on from the bandit/hero skis is the bike skins. Whenever I find a motorbike its always either the green USMC one or that stupid flame coverd one, like this...

ypgiBce.jpg

Now I don't mind the dirt bike being in there, but why the USMC one or one covered in stupid vynal that wouldn't look out of place on a kids pushbike :P. Id rather see this dirt bike, and include the old moto, I think it fits the dayz-verse so much better than a USMC dirt bike.....

HJPPBKm.jpg

HAHAHA, I felt the EXACT same way when I was doing the vehicle tables for Sahrani... No flamed, or USMC dirtbikes. Only the 2 above. 

I've been meaning to look into the ability to reskin those, or if their models are in th A1 MLOD so we can add some variety.