Sign in to follow this  
Warthog (DayZ)

Smoking Ash Gaming

great guys, fun server. admins watch players constantly so there is no hacking/combat logging. admin distracted me while sniping and got me killed and he wanted to give me gear and i said nah man its all good.  untill i get perma ban from their ts and namalsk server (after about 6 hours of playing today) for "hacking vehicles"..... me and 2 other buddies found busted up hummers all over the map and we fixed the best 3 up and were running people over for about 30 min or so. no asking, messages... i was even in their ts server and they never pulled me down or came up to talk to me just banned. which is why im here, this is the first server i have ever been banned from and for no reason. if it was hacked why would they be around the map in the same places last night and today, or just even after restart. i would like this to be FIXED.

edit: you banned 3 but you lost about 7 more people ontop of that 3.

Edited by sobe-it
  • Like 2

Mate, you banned me for using the name "painkillers". Apparently someone else used the name before and was banned, and I got called out simply for having the name and banned. Can you lift it please?

I assure you, it was purely coincidental that I was using the name. 

Edited by JSparks

Hello, 

I decided to try out your server 11/13/2013 @ 21:00 Mountain.  I read the rules in the splash screen as I entered the game, there was nothing stating I could not visit the admin island.  I swam to the island and found a chopper and took off with it.  I was shot in the tail rotor as I was taking off and began to spin.  I am a very experienced pilot and pulled the chopper out of the spin.  I began searching for my aggressor.  When I found who had shot my rotor i fired a couple rockets into him and killed him and blew up his bi-plane.  This person began accusing me of hacking and fixing the chopper mid-air.  I moved on and told him to get over it as he had attacked me first.  I later blew up a blue Ural when the driver had shot at me and then crashed.  I was shot at the crash sight and upon re-spawning i was immediately approached by someone wearing a black and white camo skin and some sort of strange headgear.  I shot the aggressor in the face at no more than 10 meters with a double barrel and they did not die.  I mentioned in side chat that someone may be scripting and was then immediately banned myself for accused hacking.  This ban is false and I feel it was nothing more than a power hungry admin raging over a death or friends death.  I do not know what your website url is to petition, so plz help me clear this up.

THanks.

HorseFarts

• Like 1

hey I love your namalsk server maybe its time i get a base and donate to my fav server how much are they?

names user in game by the way

Hey fellow survivors! I'm just dropping by to inform you guys about my experience with Smoking Ash Gaming and their servers. I've been playing dayz for a little over 2 years now on various maps and game modes ranging from the classic vanilla on chernarus to just about everything else there is to try out there. I recently downloaded the Namalsk server after hearing about it having little additions from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe including bloodsuckers, rail guns, etc. And I have to say, the MAP Namalsk is beautiful and great fun to play. Definitely one of the top layouts from current choices of dayz maps. HOWEVER, Smoking Ash Gaming's server in particular has got to be one of the most poorly maintained servers I've ever played on. Aside from the constant server disruptions that drop roughly 75%-100% of the players almost once every reset, the admins themselves are a complete joke. More like BADmins from what  I've seen. They constantly ban people from their server in the middle of gameplay becacuse the get butthurt over something a player did even if they didn't violate the posted rules. For example, I myself was banned roughly 5-7 minutes after I joined the server and now I cannot rejoin. Every time I try to connect it says that I was banned by admin for "DISPRESPECT" (yes, with a p, idk why). I find this amusing and frustrating because I have no idea how I could have commited any act of "disprespect" during the 5-7 minutes I sat by the coast waiting for one of my clanmates to log on and join me for some zombie killing...I also find this quite disappointing considering this is one of the only Namalsk servers with any sort of population above 10-20, and it's run by 12 year olds who have a itchy ban hammer finger that apparently lands on the wrong person on a regular basis, the comments and reports above this post only seem to strengthen my belief that this is a regular thing.

Anyways, because of this my clan of 16 players including myself have blacklisted this server and don't plan on returning, we will just have to find a lower pop Namalsk server and bring some life into it, at least that way we won't have to worry about badmins kicking us from the game in the middle of our survival experience.

TLDR: PSA about the badmins in Smoking Ash Gaming and why my clan and I will be moving to a different server.

Edited for grammar derp.

Edited by thesteroid

I played on this server for months and had a bunch of fun.

Yesterday I got into a fight with a combat logger that is friends with the admin, so I guess I got put on their "poop list".  Then I repeatedly DMRed the pilot of a hovering helo, swapped to m249 and put 400 rounds into it.  As I was switching back to DMR, server rollback.  Admin teleported to me and said in direct he was going to ban me in extremely passive-aggressive cryptic mobster type talk (like a weirdo).  He teleported away and I asked in side for clarification as I must have missed something.  I was banned.

Admin abuse.  Don't play there.  If you win the wrong gunfight you get banned.

Edited by Twinsen72

I know that this is not towards your topic but when i try to play on your sever on Namalsk your admins kick me for no reason

• Like 1

I know that this is not towards your topic but when i try to play on your sever on Namalsk your admins kick me for no reason

You probably owned an admin or one of their buddies.  They're 12 and bad.

Same experience. Got into a standoff with another bandit, I got the best of him. I got banned for hacking, tried to aproach someone on their teamspeak in the mature way, poked an admin asking for a conference and was perma banned from the teamspeak never having spoken to anyone.

Short lesson, don't play there. If you get a similar experience, share it. These guys are jerks...

This is a genuine review by an extremely angry person.

so me and an american friend started playing this server and were having a great time we had been playing the server for a good few weeks, and were thoroughly enjoying it. no problems what so ever.

TODAY.

we met up with a couple extra friends, and made our way to west point, and on the way, we ambushed someone in a Ural. 

Anyway we finished up at west point and started to move off, when an invisible [sA]PHANTUM RANGER teleported to and shot out our tyres (while invisible).

He then started saying to me that i had combat logged at the admin island while fighting him and that he was contemplating banning me.  ---- Let me clarify this here.. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE ADMIN ISLAND-- The reason i never go there is purely because of the one time i did go there (not sure if it was the same server but it was months previous) i was in a helicopter and before i could even land, my heli was lit up and blown out of the sky.. i thought to myself. ok, nice lets never ever go there again.

Anyway back to the story. So i started telling the admin it wasn't me, and he refused to even listen to me. I kept attempting to tell him that it simply could not have been me and i had a witness (my american friend) who i dont play the server without. But nope still wouldn't listen. He had the most condescending attitude i have ever come across. We eventually finished arguing and he left it at a warning. (To which i was still not happy at because i did not combat log on him) however i let it go and stood with my friend at the car waiting for him to fix the damage he had done to the vehicle so that we could carry on our business. He didn't repair it, and had just abandoned us with a now broken vehicle and we were vulnerable to attack. I proceeded to ask in side chat if he was going to fix the vehicle and he would not answer. I made a sarcastic comment in the chat that went something like 'What a truly fantastic admin you are, clearly responsible enough to help run a server and very mature, i really appreciate the fact that you shot out our tyres and abandoned us, thanks alot!'  YES, granted the comment was a bit childish but at the time my blood was (excuse my french) Fu#!ing boiling.

I got instantly perma banned for "combat logging" - even though i didn't even combat log. - note: i have actually seen people getting multiple warnings for combat logging, but never insta bans.

I proceeded to get on the teamspeak server to try and talk to the admin responsible. I sent him some messages asking how i can prove my innocence and asking him what day and time that this supposedly happened incase i happened to be out that day and might have had a receipt that i could use to prove an alibi. 

I got instantly banned without any response at all from the admin.

I asked my friend who happened to still be on the server to try and talk to the admins but they were ignoring him. One of them agreed eventually to let me int he teamspeak so i could try and talk. as soon as i joined i was told "Stay here and shut up" then i got moved room and Phantum joined me, i asked him simply:"is there any way i can try to prove my innocence, because i swear on my life, i did not combat log on you." he said "NO, it was definately you and i tagged you." i then started to say, "uhh okay then, can you tell me what day it was an roughly what time it happened" and before i could even finish properly he interrupted me by permanently banning me. AGAIN. 

Im not as much angry for being banned, Im more angry because a good server like this has people like that ruining it.

Anyway, thats my experience. If anyone would like to start some sort of petition or do something to get this guy eradicated from the server let me know. I know ive seen alot of comments above me also complaining about the same staff and the shocking level of immaturity, condescension and general pig headedness coming from this server. I wish i had seen these comments before i joined. I would not advise playing on here.

Regards,

Chad

Same here i killed some dude in some barracks then i got killed respawned ran a few yards i crashed then i got admin banned for combat logging which is bullcrap and it was just the admin is was that douch phatom ranger or whatever his damn name is he claimed iw as on admin ilsand when in fact i crashed on some train track sad part is he a owner not a normal admin i think this server needs to get revoked or the damn main admin needs to age check his partners i pretty sure i killed one of their buddies and they got pissy.

I mean come on im not a 12 year old kid when i did crash all i had was my fucking started gear who the hell COMBAT LOGS AS A BAMBI!!!!! A damn noob wouldnt combat log with bambi shit.

And warhog or whatever you seem like you have your shit together dont let these lame childish admins drag a good server down because thats exactly whats happening.

Your server has admin base... Really? Do not play on that server, major admin abuse. Admins can move vehicles as they wish and I got banned from it for commenting on the fact that you spawn with a ton of gear.

Banned for "HACKING" ... so weird considering how i don't hack...

Hello fellow survivors, just wanted to come by and share my experience with the fine admins at Smoking Asshole Namalsk today.. 3/29/14 (Just in case you thought they might have improved their 'people skills' since the previous posts.) It all started when my friend and I decided to revisit Dayz Namalsk today, and what better a server than fully populated Smoking Ash. We both join in and i am instantly banned for hacking. "Okay?.. been playing dayz most of the day today.. nothing strange has happend in those servers.. this must be a mistake." I say to myself. I ask my friend to inquire about teamspeak info so that this misunderstanding can be cleared up. I can't stress this enough.. I do not hack and I lack the knowledge required to do so on many many levels. After some time [sA]PHANTUM RANGER reluctantly gives the IP and my friend and I join in, patiently awaiting an admin to move me to the admin lounge or come down to the public. Nothing happens so I send a few pokes telling him that I would like to discuss my ban. As follows..

<15:39:27> You poked "[sA] PHANTUM RANGER" with message: hey man, just wanted to talk about my ban. im no hacker but thats the battleye reason.

<15:41:25> You poked "[sA] PHANTUM RANGER" with message: havent played your server in sometime and apprently ive been banned while i was gone.
<15:41:33> "[sA] Warthog Coding ATM" is now known as "Out to lunch"
<15:42:33> "[KDG]Brad" disconnected (leaving)
<15:42:53> You poked "[sA] PHANTUM RANGER" with message: anyway love the server man and hope i can get this sorted so i can play it again.
<15:44:14> You switched from channel "Lobby (Poke admin for help)" to "Namalsk Private - Chat 1"
<15:44:14> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "superfly541" by "Smoking Ash Gaming".
<15:44:18> "DaFack" switched from channel "Lobby (Poke admin for help)" to "Namalsk Private - Chat 1"
<15:44:18> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "DaFack" by "Smoking Ash Gaming".
<15:48:34> You were banned permanently from the server by "[sA] PHANTUM RANGER" 
<15:48:34> Disconnected from server

Needless to say, the admins had no intention of talking to me or hearing me out in any way. I have moderated a server in the past and I do know that anti-hack programs are helpful.. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT! I'm guessing someone saw the anti-hack go off and lazily banned my user ID instead of looking into it. (The friend I was playing with was later banned by association.) This is all fine considering some people, including myself, would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to hackers on the server. I am in agreement with prophylactic measures. But when your teamspeak description says at the top, "poke an admin, we don't bite" , I rightfully expect some sort of following conversation.

[sA]PHANTUM RANGER, if you had told me that you didn't believe me or that you just weren't sure and that you wouldn't lift the ban, I wouldn't be writing this post right now. I'm an understanding guy and I would've been chill about the whole situation if you had given me the chance. At least you would've been straight up with me. But instead of being a man about it and speaking to me, you curled up and hid in your admin lounge like a soft girl... just avoiding your problems and any conflict that might arise accordingly. There's nothing worse than a pussy and you are the biggest pussy of them all. There isn't another pussy that is bigger than you. I'm sure this comes as no surprise, you've probably known for some time, but i felt the need to congratulate you personally!! =) I hope that at some point you land a job in public relations so that you get bitched at by your manager everyday for running off customers,clientele, etc. Then later you can be fired, your wife will leave you, the dog will run away and you will be evicted. Not once will you put up a fight or say anything at all because you are too scared and too passive to do so. How your server has become so popular is beyond my comprehension but I wish you the best of luck in keeping what player base you have left. Take your iron fist and shove it up your smoking asshole.

exhales...  

Edited by superfly541

Banned for "HACKING" ... so weird considering how i don't hack...

Hello fellow survivors, just wanted to come by and share my experience with the fine admins at Smoking Asshole Namalsk today.. 3/29/14 (Just in case you thought they might have improved their 'people skills' since the previous posts.) It all started when my friend and I decided to revisit Dayz Namalsk today, and what better a server than fully populated Smoking Ash. We both join in and i am instantly banned for hacking. "Okay?.. been playing dayz most of the day today.. nothing strange has happend in those servers.. this must be a mistake." I say to myself. I ask my friend to inquire about teamspeak info so that this misunderstanding can be cleared up. I can't stress this enough.. I do not hack and I lack the knowledge required to do so on many many levels. After some time [sA]PHANTUM RANGER reluctantly gives the IP and my friend and I join in, patiently awaiting an admin to move me to the admin lounge or come down to the public. Nothing happens so I send a few pokes telling him that I would like to discuss my ban. As follows..

<15:39:27> You poked "[sA] PHANTUM RANGER" with message: hey man, just wanted to talk about my ban. im no hacker but thats the battleye reason.

<15:41:25> You poked "[sA] PHANTUM RANGER" with message: havent played your server in sometime and apprently ive been banned while i was gone.
<15:41:33> "[sA] Warthog Coding ATM" is now known as "Out to lunch"
<15:42:33> "[KDG]Brad" disconnected (leaving)
<15:42:53> You poked "[sA] PHANTUM RANGER" with message: anyway love the server man and hope i can get this sorted so i can play it again.
<15:44:14> You switched from channel "Lobby (Poke admin for help)" to "Namalsk Private - Chat 1"
<15:44:14> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "superfly541" by "Smoking Ash Gaming".
<15:44:18> "DaFack" switched from channel "Lobby (Poke admin for help)" to "Namalsk Private - Chat 1"
<15:44:18> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "DaFack" by "Smoking Ash Gaming".
<15:48:34> You were banned permanently from the server by "[sA] PHANTUM RANGER" 
<15:48:34> Disconnected from server

Needless to say, the admins had no intention of talking to me or hearing me out in any way. I have moderated a server in the past and I do know that anti-hack programs are helpful.. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT! I'm guessing someone saw the anti-hack go off and lazily banned my user ID instead of looking into it. (The friend I was playing with was later banned by association.) This is all fine considering some people, including myself, would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to hackers on the server. I am in agreement with prophylactic measures. But when your teamspeak description says at the top, "poke an admin, we don't bite" , I rightfully expect some sort of following conversation.

[sA]PHANTUM RANGER, if you had told me that you didn't believe me or that you just weren't sure and that you wouldn't lift the ban, I wouldn't be writing this post right now. I'm an understanding guy and I would've been chill about the whole situation if you had given me the chance. At least you would've been straight up with me. But instead of being a man about it and speaking to me, you curled up and hid in your admin lounge like a soft girl... just avoiding your problems and any conflict that might arise accordingly. There's nothing worse than a pussy and you are the biggest pussy of them all. There isn't another pussy that is bigger than you. I'm sure this comes as no surprise, you've probably known for some time, but i felt the need to congratulate you personally!! =) I hope that at some point you land a job in public relations so that you get bitched at by your manager everyday for running off customers,clientele, etc. Then later you can be fired, your wife will leave you, the dog will run away and you will be evicted. Not once will you put up a fight or say anything at all because you are too scared and too passive to do so. How your server has become so popular is beyond my comprehension but I wish you the best of luck in keeping what player base you have left. Take your iron fist and shove it up your smoking asshole.

exhales...  

KX7M4wa.jpg

I've been playing on the Smoking Ash Namalsk server for the past 3 months and I love it. I never had any problems with the admins. I've participated in many events, and even won a couple. Even though it's a PvP/shoot on sight advertized server, I'm a hero and randomly group up with other survivors/players. I love the challenge. Phantum Ranger is a great guy and I respect him greatly.

Edit:

25aj3v9.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW I WAS TREATED ON THIS SERVER.

First let me start by saying I own two servers and have been doing this for about a year or so.

Second I have played on smoking ash for a decent amount of time off and on.

I was playing on it today and was critical of AI and how horrible they are for the server.

I was giving constructive criticism and the admin or whoever wasnt having it.  

He was a totally DICK,

then i Join teamspeak and I get perm banned from there 

LMFAO you guys run a joke of an operation over there...

ban happy kids.

Really a fucking joke.

I wouldnt play here if they unbanned me, total crap hole

I got banned from teamspeak and the server for saying AI are fucking whack.

Really offended over nothing and they ban you lol joke

• Like 1

the admins suck on this server they are horrible...ban happy like shit for no reason lol dont ever say anything is wrong with them,. they think they have a perfect server lmfao 

This was my 1st server. I played it for about 1 month, then i got 9 friends to BUY arma II to play DayZ on THIS server, we were rulling the place, then all of us got banned, and NO reason was given at all. we tried to get into their TS, and got banned with the following reason: "JERK".  Really? are these adms 12 or something? the only reason i can think is that we probably killed the adm some times and then he got pissed and banned us. the server has about 10 players. when we log in, it pratically doubles, and we have a lot of FUN on that specific server....

now we need to throw the money of 9 arma 2 cd-keys out, since we are no longer able to play...