Hetstaine

So how many NVGS...

..did you ever find in a legit loot pile, not in a tent, not from a dead player. Not in an uber loot server. Vanilla.

In 32 years and 28 months of playing the mod i found one set. One fecking set in the top barracks in the shower room. Sometime back in August last year. One legit set after hundreds of nwaf runs, hundreds of heli crash finds, even killing all of the soldier zeds at the crashes because somebody said way back when that soldiers at heli wrecks dropped nvg's. It was the first moment that i nearly broke down and cried playing a game. 

The memory still tears me up, seeing them on the floor and knowing i would die with them soon, but grasping them close and then going outside to try on my very own hard won find..and immediately taking them off because everything was green and fecked up under the noon day sun. I loved them like a dear newborn child until circumstances found me dead in the middle of nowhere with a dmr round in the back of my head.

SO ..did you ever find any legit ones ?

• Like 9

What is a NVG? mmmmmmmm

Sounds  Exsotic and mysterious My Precious

But no never found any legit ones, Only ever found one GPS too NEAF barracks

• Like 1

yep, once at a crash site..i feel the emotion even right now..i remember the unmistakable shape from the distance..looking at the loot with my binos..i've never been so careless approaching one..run in, press middle mouse, run away with that beauty..and since then i only played at night..what a joy!

I think there are only a couple per official server (legitly). Pretty sure ive never had any.

Which reminds me I wish they would bring back pitch black nights. Nt usre why they would take one of the best parts of the game out.

I think I have found one pair in the barracks as well.  Rangefinders a couple times, and more GPS than I can shake a stick at.

I found maybe two. In the group not much more...With most player corpses having a .50 stashed somewhere in the backpack or rather always packing the best available weapons ( M4, DMR mostly ) i always doubted they were legit. Rangefinders and GPS were easier to find.

Edited by Enforcer

Found a few pairs, like maybe 3 in my whole life time of playing, not counting the ones I got from PKing

last time I found a pair was on an official server, found them at a heli crash while sick...no antibiotics just NVG goggles

I've found 1 in a barracks, 1 at a heli crash and another on a pilot near a heli crash so three then.  I've been with a friend who has found two; once in a barracks and once on a pilot.

Overall I must have played over 700 hours nearly all of the summer and quite a bit into the fall last year.

I almost never played anything other than vanilla in all of my time playing dayz.  So I am not sure how common they are in the other mods, but I do very well remember the time when duping was rampant.  Running into a tent with 8 pairs of nvgs tucked away wasn't even a rare occurrence(I ran over more tents than I can count).

Never found a pair...

The only ones I've found are from the players i killed found dead when i entered the NWAF barracks.

• Like 3

lol i know a guy who has, best i've got. We all completely understood why he ran away when the whole group was under heavy fire. 

lol i know a guy who has, best i've got. We all completely understood why he ran away when the whole group was under heavy fire. 

Somehow reminds me of one guy in our group...always shooting first without thinking and running away first.

Never found a single pair, ever.

I'm glad though - it would only blind me when it came to Cherno glowstick partys.

• Like 1

Once,

at a heli crash site at night which I had lit up with flares so I could see what was going on, snuck in, proudly put on my shiny new NVG's, hit the N key and instantly blinded myself, I had to leg it out of there quickstep.

Flares and NVG's do not make a happy couple.

GPS = one.

• Like 2

None. Not even on dead bodies (I've only killed two people so far in self defence).No rangefinders too, at all.

Yes, I must have found around 20 personally. Always at heli crash sites though, never barracks, there's a loot spawn right next to the rocket tubes on a crashed heli which very often gets overlooked, most of the time that's where I find them.

never found any. only off players and tents with 10+ of them.

found in tents and on players, never at a loot pile or crash pilot zombie. a guy i used to run a server with found some once and i ended up with them after a week or so but not my find. same for rangefinders. GPS i've found countless times, more often in the staryj tents than anywhere else, staryj tents used to be sweet, seems like they suck now from my latest experiences there

NVGs and rangefinders: 0, nada, none, never ever never.

GPS once.

I found a range finder,,,once.

NVG = 1

GPS =1

Range finder = 1

Official Hive only since April 2012 = lots of hours.

My expectations for SA are - zero.

Used to find them quite often when helicrash sites all spawned at server start, not so much nowadays,

Though fairly recently i did find two sets at one crash site, which was nice.

I have yet to find Rangefinders. Never ever found them on a Publichive-Server.

I have found about 4-5 pairs of NVG's at choppercrashes, though. That mainly has to do with the fact, that I never go to NWAF, but actually raid quite a bit of choppercrashes.