HumanBeing25

Majority of playerbase are kids?

I had no idea that there was going to be this many 13-14 year olds in DayZ when I started playing a week or so ago.

This is absolutely stunning. Every server I enter has at least 50% of its players as underage. How I know this is from them themselves telling me their age.

Some are 16 but most are 13 or 14.

And the 13-14 year olds will tend to use words like, "retard," "stfu," "omg," and so on. I even had a 14 year old call me a "retard" because I refused to give the kid my location so he could "pick me up and give me gold" in the Epoch server I play on.

I thought, from viewing members of this forum, that most were at least 16 or 18, but most aren't even 16.

edit, it feels like I'm playing Garry's Mod all over.

Edited by HumanBeing25

Breaking_News1.jpg

You're playing the wrong servers then buddy. Most of the people on the server I play on are mature, decent people.

• Like 19

Like I said, the game you are playing is not DayZ. It is some Arma 2 deathmatch pussy mod with zombies that carries a name that died a long time ago. Don't expect it to be good, to have any survival elements or to have a grown up player base.

Wondering about DayZ having 13 years old is like wondering about 12 years old in Call of Duty.

• Like 3

Its hit and miss, I don't mind the younger crowd TBH as long as they act somewhat mature but that is really a 50/50.  

• Like 4

Epoch =/= DayZ. You're playing with the RamboZ crowd.

• Like 7

majority of gamer is kids ;)

most guys growing up after 18 get job find womans and party stop play games focus real life

is my plan, join army get marry woman have kids stop play game :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

games are for kids :P

I joking I play games for ever and ever and ever and never grow up from enjoy this shit

• Like 7

most guys growing up after 18 get job find womans and party stop play games focus real life

Woman? Real Life? Huh? What's that?

• Like 14

Dude, you only just started playing, why you playing Epoch and not the 'original' to start with?

If you want a better time, try vanilla or DayZero - if it's an easy server it's going to be full of kids (especially those with like a million vehicles, jets and different load-outs)

• Like 1

Hello there

Being young isn't an issue.

Being an "ass hat" is.

You're gonna find em everywhere.

I play with folks from all age ranges and i encounter "A.H."'s of all ages and races.

I wouldn't worry about the age range so much, rather finding a well run server with a good player base.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

<snip Epic breaking news pic /snip>

You're playing the wrong servers then buddy. 

Almost brought a tear to my eye.

beans for you sir.   :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

That's probably because of Epoch, if anything. I don't know much about it, but I'm under the impression it's much more oriented towards PvP and gear is easier to obtain. I've only played it a couple of times and just didn't like the trading system so I uninstalled it.

I don't play on that many servers, nor do I talk to many people, but I feel like most people are 16+ on the servers I generally play on. Considering the times I play though, most of the younger people are probably in school or asleep.

You can find in every popular games giant amount of kids. But some are mature and not annoying little brats and there are immature adults too...

• Like 1

I destroyed some cars in a safezone on a server, some people got batshit mad at me. The server restarted. I apologized to the kid, and he told me we could go "hunting people" and that he would give me a gun from a safe. He bought a car, and drove outside of the town. I said I wouldn't mind if he killed me. The kid told me to get out. I did, and then he said "Say you're sorry." and shot me in the head with an Mk48 Mod 0. Then I started micspamming "Trololololol..."

wow.+i+cannot+believe+nobody+got+my+sarc

Edited by DayzForumer

majority of gamer is kids ;)

is my plan, join army get marry woman have kids stop play game :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

games are for kids :P

I need to re-think my life... shit.....

10ns2o1.png

• Like 3

I destroyed some cars in a safezone on a server, some people got batshit mad at me. The server restarted. I apologized to the kid, and he told me we could go "hunting people" and that he would give me a gun from a safe. He bought a car, and drove outside of the town. I said I wouldn't mind if he killed me. The kid told me to get out. I did, and then he said "Say you're sorry." and shot me in the head with an Mk48 Mod 0. Then I started micspamming "Trololololol..."

wow.+i+cannot+believe+nobody+got+my+sarc

vn58.jpg

Funny you mention that, because on my server lots of problems have arsed with locked vehicles being sold and destroyed by players randomly.

You're playing the wrong servers then buddy. Most of the people on the server I play on are mature, decent people.

Wow, wow. No need to call me a "buddy," it's not like I've directly offended you or anything!

Funny enough, all the mature players/18+ I meet are British or English in general.

Never heard a helium voice (<15yo) in Arma 2 before DayZ. I was pretty shocked when I heard it.

Funny enough, all the mature players/18+ I meet are British or English in general.

That has nothing to do with anything. Less gamers in the UK alone is enough to mean there will be a difference.

If you find it annoying, find another server, I'm sure people here can recommend servers where they run into a more "mature" crowd.

That's probably because of Epoch, if anything. I don't know much about it, but I'm under the impression it's much more oriented towards PvP and gear is easier to obtain. 

Yes and no. In Epoch you can "trade" your way up into a decent gun instead of running the same loot spawns over and over but that really isn't any easier. For example a DMR is 4 gold and the ammo 8 silver on a server that doesn't have tons of vehicles and all the other things you can find on a private server making it easier, you are talking about finding a few good guns and trading them in and saving up. That is 4 AKs for the gun and a little under an AK or M16. Now 8 Lee Enfields = a DMR mag so you tend to go to the places you might find a DMR anyway unless you get lucky and find a vehicle you can get to a trader in a good condition and sell. 

The issue is that more than half the Epoch servers out there have towing and 400+ vehicles so it's easy to make gold on them. 

Saving up to buy a locked vehicle and then for things like Plot Poles to protect your built structures from being simply removed or someone building up to them(build a ladder over a wall anyone) is a serious investment in time and energy on a server where a normal amount of vehicles spawn like 50 and a single person can't ferry numerous vehicles over and over. 

The OP needs to not play on the "Self Bloodbag - 1000+ vehicles - custom loadout - Tow&Lift" servers.

• Like 1

Woman?  I've never heard of that pokemon before.

• Like 6

Yeah, we already established this on a previous thread started by the OP.

Confirmed now.