r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

1.8.1 we are just in the middle of getting it all tested. with the amount of big changes we need to make sure systems are working as they should be.

Your welcome to join the test group pm myself or kichilron on skype. Our only rule is to allow the mod to release before taking code from the mod out of respect for the guys putting the work in for free.

• Like 3

I'm glad the mod is coming back.  I've placed US 434 back online.  I've PM'd kichilron on skype since I can help with testing (if needed).

Cheers,

Geryon

So i have some good news. As many of you know i spoke with Hicks last week about getting the green light sorted for 1.8.1. basically we have a green light on the dev change log the bad news with the amount of time passed between now and the last update pretty much everything on our side was closed. It's going to take me a few dayz to bring everything back up.

Now for future release's we have been asked to just ping Hicks the change log before we release just for license issues. But we pretty much have free rain to do what we need when we need. Hicks is also looking into removing some of the locked systems we have always had to deal with (Hive content locked, only edit 4 pbo's) so news on that will come later.

Most of the original team helping me have moved onto other mods/games so i'll be on the hunt for new dev members during the next few weeks. It's going to be a little slow to start with while i try to build a team back up.

Thanks.

are we to expect any new base building mechanic, better hunting or anything like that in the future?

The basebuilding in the mod is pretty much nonexistant.

I only jumped in BMRF's test server once but when I did there were 20+ people online. 

We really had such a great community at BMRF.me.. really sad to see Peep have to shut it all down like he did, but things happen. Real life gets in the way..

Back on topic: Im just glad the time is being taken to work on the mod at this point. I genuinely appreciate all the hard work and am willing to offer any help I can. 

are we to expect any new base building mechanic, better hunting or anything like that in the future?

The basebuilding in the mod is pretty much nonexistant.

Like we have said define base building everyone's point on base building is different. We will not be going down the route same as epoch. But we do plan to have our own base system. Hunting systems will change, zombies will change, vehicles will change weapons will change over time.

When how is another question.

Now some of the red tape has been cut we can try to create a point and endgame to the dayzmod and building is going to be a part of this.

We really had such a great community at BMRF.me.. really sad to see Peep have to shut it all down like he did, but things happen. Real life gets in the way..

Back on topic: Im just glad the time is being taken to work on the mod at this point. I genuinely appreciate all the hard work and am willing to offer any help I can. 

Contact myself or kichilron on skype and get your self involved in testing.

So we are getting on pretty good with this test phase and for something new we have now retried the old crossbow and brought in a new one witch can have a cco sight attached to it. Thanks to the CCG crew.

I saw in changelog, that you turned down the speed of the ZEDs... - FINALLY GREAT!! Thank you!!

I hope they can´t hit you during running anymore... - that is fucin disturbin in latest 1.8.0.3.

the question is, with the release of 1.8.1, will there be more vanilla-servers up, again?

There are too many modified hives... :/

Edited by TiMEDANCE

I saw in changelog, that you turned down the speed of the ZEDs... - FINALLY GREAT!! Thank you!!

The Zombiespeed has been increased.

• Like 2

The Zombiespeed has been increased.

WHAT THE FUCK? WHY THE HELL? IN LATEST THEY WHERE FASTER THAN YOU, AND NOW? MUCH FASTER?

can you tell me only one reason, for doing such a shit? (Sorry but, this can´t be serious)

mal echt he, warum macht man sowas?

The Zombies have been changed alltogether. Not just the speed.

You haven't tested it yourself yet, and everyone in the testing reported that they like it. Don't judge prematurely.

new update sounds awesome, can't wait to play it. any idea when you guys plan on releasing it? some time this week maybe or could it still be another month? keep up the awesome work!

WHAT THE FUCK? WHY THE HELL? IN LATEST THEY WHERE FASTER THAN YOU, AND NOW? MUCH FASTER?

can you tell me only one reason, for doing such a shit? (Sorry but, this can´t be serious)

We are in the middle of making each type of infected different for now this is what we have in testing.

Walkers - Faster. (player sprint speed). Deal with these as fast as you can the longer you leave them the harder time your going to have.

Monkey - Mid speed. (slower then the players run).

Crawlers - Slowest. (Crawl speed).

In a straight line your going to have issues with the walkers but losing them is a peace of cake just by taking a few 90 degree turns or running into a few tree lines.

In Testing.

new update sounds awesome, can't wait to play it. any idea when you guys plan on releasing it? some time this week maybe or could it still be another month? keep up the awesome work!

Where getting good feed back so far from the testers we are just correcting some annoying little issues testers have brought up.

• Like 4

This is great news! My buddy and I have been back into the mod for a few weeks now. I've been telling him about the last, unreleased patch that looked so awesome.

Question: No more stashes? Thought I read that stashes can be upgraded but can no longer be made with sandbags? Is there a new method to building stashes?

The cottage, cache and camp idea is really cool. Would love to see how that works.

Question: No more stashes? Thought I read that stashes can be upgraded but can no longer be made with sandbags? Is there a new method to building stashes?

Stashes are still in and can now be upgraded to be bigger. You still need sandbags for them, but they're not as rare as they used to be.

Edited by kichilron

This is great news! My buddy and I have been back into the mod for a few weeks now. I've been telling him about the last, unreleased patch that looked so awesome.

The cottage, cache and camp idea is really cool. Would love to see how that works.

You need one sandbag to create a small stash then you upgrade the small stash's to create the medium one.

now you need to shoot them, simple as that.

And i find it awesome.

Like we have said define base building everyone's point on base building is different. We will not be going down the route same as epoch. But we do plan to have our own base system. Hunting systems will change, zombies will change, vehicles will change weapons will change over time.

When how is another question.

Now some of the red tape has been cut we can try to create a point and endgame to the dayzmod and building is going to be a part of this.

Contact myself or kichilron on skype and get your self involved in testing.

So we are getting on pretty good with this test phase and for something new we have now retried the old crossbow and brought in a new one witch can have a cco sight attached to it. Thanks to the CCG crew.

Well basebuilding AKA being able to actually close a place, maybe finding a lock that would only open with a key or a crowbar (that would be rarer than it is now), so you can give a minimum of protection to your shit, but still be able to lost everything to someone if they're dedicated enough.

Epoch basebuilding is lame only because the safes and the door locks are almost uncrackable, when you can open a door with a crowbar easily.

Well basebuilding AKA being able to actually close a place, maybe finding a lock that would only open with a key or a crowbar (that would be rarer than it is now), so you can give a minimum of protection to your shit, but still be able to lost everything to someone if they're dedicated enough.

Would be a question of definition. You have certain things in your toolbox already that would be able to easily pick / break a lock, not just the crowbar. It also depends on the material or other things. In reality you'd always find a way in and it wouldn't take you too long.

I personally dislike the idea of being able to lock anything - the safe idea of Epoch is simply far far over the top. Nothing's supposed to be safe in DayZ and everyone should be able to steal from you. That's the premise of it, you're never safe from anything.

Would be a question of definition. You have certain things in your toolbox already that would be able to easily pick / break a lock, not just the crowbar. It also depends on the material or other things. In reality you'd always find a way in and it wouldn't take you too long.

I personally dislike the idea of being able to lock anything - the safe idea of Epoch is simply far far over the top. Nothing's supposed to be safe in DayZ and everyone should be able to steal from you. That's the premise of it, you're never safe from anything.

well, i only suggest the idea of protecting a place because hiding anything in the mod is just impossible, unless you use glitches in the rocks or something.

The A2 rendering sucks, stashes and tents can be seen from a kilometer away easily if you're on an helicopter.

well, i only suggest the idea of protecting a place because hiding anything in the mod is just impossible, unless you use glitches in the rocks or something.

I didn't mean to say that it should be impossible to lock - but it should also not be impossible to break in. In reality with all the tools we have (including big guns) it should be fairly easy to get in.

Those are just my personal thoughts, though.

I didn't mean to say that it should be impossible to lock - but it should also not be impossible to break in. In reality with all the tools we have (including big guns) it should be fairly easy to get in.

Those are just my personal thoughts, though.

i agree with that.

I've been working on modelling a bit. I've finished the 2 story Brick apartment building so it's all enterable, and am 90pct done with the 8 story version of it, I will do the 4 story version as well.

More than welcome to use them for the Official Mod, but you'll have to re-add me to github  :P 

8 Story WIP fully enterable every floor, I'm going to make a hallway that leads to the back where I moved the elevator shaft you can climb to the roof.. I might do like SA, and blow out the doors of the elevator shaft so you can exit on each floor, but probably not right away.

8LEGu.png

Here's a video of the 2 story one all done and in game already:

• Like 7

Just like to say thanks for the current testers for spending there own time to help make dayz better for everyone. Over the past few dayz we have been moving alot of the normal script vars into specific config entrys for example we have been testing the run speed of zombies and have now moved all speed vars into arma 2 configs for each type of zombie. This will allow both the official mod and other mods that still use the back end code to issue different run speeds on different types of zombies. It will also offer a better tweak systems without the need to edit code.

As an example.
Soldier zed's could have a faster moving speed then soldier heavy. (forcedSpeed config option)

soldier_heavy could have a much harder hitting power then a priest. (damageScale config option)

viral zombies have more chance to infect players on each hit. (sepsisChance config option)

This system allows devs to give a much more precise system to each zed. 

As for the testing everything is doing pretty well so far we have had to clean up a good amount of stuff but feedback from the current testers seems to be very good.

Just a little bit of quick info so you don't think we have forgot about you guys :-)

• Like 9

I'd like to see another system to be implemented; I was thinking of "Fatigue" for a more realistic approach to the mod. I believe this is a very important system which I hope we could see some time in the future of the mod.

Feel free to express your concerns of this and/or elaborate your ideas about this. :)

**NOTE: This will be edited strictly to add in/cross off anything related to this post.

How it affects DayZ?

Fatigue will be affected from physical movement like how hunger/thirst are affected by movement. If you notice, being in vehicles for prolonged periods decreases chances of going hungry/thirsty. If your fatigue increases without sleep, you'll go through sleep deprivation which could result in passing out. Passing out could happen at any time, even driving in vehicles.

• Body temperature decreases by higher levels of fatigue.
  • Low blood levels could increase fatigue.
  • Blurred vision if character's Fatigue is higher than normal levels.
  • Sleeping at higher fatigue levels could cause snoring which could attract zombies/players alike.

• Keeping your fatigue at low levels won't decrease chances of hunger. I'd rather like it to be kept at normal level.
  • Could increase chances of receiving an infection at higher fatigue levels.
  • Being in cold temperate areas like the coast line will keep your fatigue at normal levels, it won't increase. With that, with your core temp. decreasing, this could result in becoming more hungry so it's not always a good idea to stick around the coast line. ;)

I also noticed that when the character is at a lower level of blood and when they see a zombie, they'll hyperventilate. Perhaps this could decrease your fatigue from being in fear. This could remove blurred vision if character is already at a high fatigue level.

How it can be treated?

There can be ways to prevent your fatigue from becoming a serious issue. From here, I'll list them below :)

• Resting frequently(I.E; sitting on the ground) could help along with not carrying too many items. If possible to add in the weight of items, weight can be compensated between shifting items to your main inventory and backpacks. Almost like how Project Zomboid has done it.
  • Increase chance of Camping Tent spawn. (I'd also like to point out crawling inside your tent can also help increase temperature. This has already been implemented long ago)
  • With the new nutrition system, eating meats that have high protein or having sugary drinks could treat the fatigue temporarily. With this, it makes players choose to either satisfy their hunger, thirst or  -- Fatigue: This could be temporary or restores it slightly, sleep is essential.

If this were to be implemented, we'd need a new status icon for Fatigue. I've been looking around for ideas but no luck. I'll continue looking into this.

To learn some more symptoms, here's a representation below.

SleepDeprivation_0.png[/

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

a few questions regarding 1.8.1.

Will the hive db be affected in anyway with the upcoming changes to stashes? i.e. will all our gear transfer over? Same question with regards to tents being that there are new sizes and upgrades available now. 

Is there any way to set stashes so that if unsaved after a "X" many days they clear from the database much like tents? Currently it seems they are fairly permanent fixtures once placed. 

Also just some constructive feedback regarding the chance of catching fish. It's hard to say as I have not tested 1.8.1 yet but going from 1% chance to 25% for catching a fish seems like and over-correction. Is it possible to have the chances change dynamically based on fishing source? So for instance 8% chance when fishing in the ocean and maybe 20% from a Pond or Lake. This could promote people wanting to venture inland to fish instead of bunching up at the coast. Could make for some interesting interactions as players tend to stop by ponds and lakes to get a drink and whatnot, would be cool to come up to someone that is already there fishing... 

Edited by m0tzilla
  • Like 1