r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

Skalisty IslandCould have some sort of bridge connected to it and the island could inhabit more residential homes and perhaps a military checkpoint.

No. Just no.

It might be a good idea for your favorite private hive, but would completely destroy the purpose of Skalisty in Vanilla DayZ.

It needs to be off land. It takes a while to swim there. It might be rewarding - as you can fish there, have an animalspawn and a well.

Theoretically perfect land for a survivalist, as there's barely anyone coming there and even if - you can hide easily.

It would also not fit in, as there is nowhere the bridge would go without making it look stupid.

• Like 1

Can you get rid of hiding bodies? Instead give the option of 'dragging' them. So there is actually a risk to hiding a body and isn't some simple click of a button and boom, body gone. 

At worst at least make people have to have an etool to hide a body. I've always found it to be such a silly gaming mechanic in its current form, totally unrealistic and very easy to change/remove.

Edited by BoggleTits
  • Like 4

Can you get rid of hiding bodies? Instead give the option of 'dragging' them. So there is actually a risk to hiding a body and isn't some simple click of a button and boom, body gone. 

At worst at least make people have to have an etool to hide a body. I've always found it to be such a silly gaming mechanic in its current form, totally unrealistic and very easy to change/remove.

I to implement the system I made for DayZ Redux (It's a bit different than the systems you commonly see on servers), just have to fix up some stuff already implemented before i go adding it.

No. Just no.

It might be a good idea for your favorite private hive, but would completely destroy the purpose of Skalisty in Vanilla DayZ.

It needs to be off land. It takes a while to swim there. It might be rewarding - as you can fish there, have an animalspawn and a well.

Theoretically perfect land for a survivalist, as there's barely anyone coming there and even if - you can hide easily.

It would also not fit in, as there is nowhere the bridge would go without making it look stupid.

I was just considering it just as an idea to throw out there since I don't hear much about people traveling to that island for any particular reason for what you've said is available in the mainland.

Perhaps traveling there could have a higher rate of herbs instead.

Edited by TIC321

Hi,

I'm really impatient to test all the changes about blood in 1.8.1, sounds nice. :)

* [NEW] - Blood types/blood system

- You may now fill bloodbags (filled blood bags only take 4k blood and give back 4k)

- incompatible blood transfusions will result in extended unconsciousness of the recipient.

- Ability to take blood from yourself and other players

- Blood types + Rh types are based off real world statistics

- ability to take a bit of blood off a recently dead corpes (may yield infection)

* [NEW] - Blood testing kit (to determine blood type) and disposable transfusion kit.

One question however, if we will now be able to take blood from ourself, did you considered the ability to add blood to yourself too ?

Sounds pretty logic, if your are able to put a needle on your own arm to fill a bloodbag, you should be able to do it to add blood too.

Of course it could have some restrictions:

- no zeds around

- being seated

- may be longer than if another player transfuse you

Edited by matiman

why is camo and ghillie suit removed from civilain buildings? in my opnion now is there no reason to enter civilian buildings, there is no other unique item that can be found in there.

now on the other side, there is a logic that this item can be spawned in the barracks, because barracks are place where soldiers live, but i think that there a some soldiers that bring their close home. 

just thinking :)

Hi,

I'm really impatient to test all the changes about blood in 1.8.1, sounds nice. :)

* [NEW] - Blood types/blood system

- You may now fill bloodbags (filled blood bags only take 4k blood and give back 4k)

- incompatible blood transfusions will result in extended unconsciousness of the recipient.

- Ability to take blood from yourself and other players

- Blood types + Rh types are based off real world statistics

- ability to take a bit of blood off a recently dead corpes (may yield infection)

* [NEW] - Blood testing kit (to determine blood type) and disposable transfusion kit.

One question however, if we will now be able to take blood from ourself, did you considered the ability to add blood to yourself too ?

Sounds pretty logic, if your are able to put a needle on your own arm to fill a bloodbag, you should be able to do it to add blood too.

Of course it could have some restrictions:

- no zeds around

- being seated

- may be longer than if another player transfuse you

We do allow you to self blood bag. We have two types of bloodbag the normal 12k one you find in medical areas. This one can only be used in a transfusion due to its RH properties.

we also have a 4k bloodbag that can only be created. But this one draws 4 k from the donor and has a chance to restore from 3 to 4k.

man is by nature lazy, it is easier to die and be reborn closer to his corpse. easier to make blood transfusion itself + 30 seconds of loss of consciousness

Razor, are those POI's removable or added to the base map like those barbwires on top of cherno hotel?

haven't decided yet

haven't decided yet

Alot of the the private servers have invested hours upon hours of doing their own custom map edits and that could inflict with vanilla POI's

Shure will inflict on our servers where we have bout 55 seperate edited areas and that's covering months of adding in custom/customized

area's.

We do allow you to self blood bag. We have two types of bloodbag the normal 12k one you find in medical areas. This one can only be used in a transfusion due to its RH properties.

we also have a 4k bloodbag that can only be created. But this one draws 4 k from the donor and has a chance to restore from 3 to 4k.

I got that, but on the release note you only mention take (remove) blood from yourself (to fil an empty 4k bloodbag).

Will it be also possible to give blood (use a bloodbag to increase your blood level) to yourself without help of another player ? (with a standard 12k bloodbag, or with a 4k bloodbag with same blood type/rh than yours) .?

thanks

According to what Rocket sad yesterday about DayZ Standalone on Reddit:

Markers gone. Position gone. Little exploits allowing you to place next waypoint gone. GPS not in yet. Two compasses, orienteering and old brass one. Both fully animated. Will be probably adding PiP to help orientate them and use them but only basic functionality available for the alpha.

Would be possible to remove any waypoint/marker from the mod?

Actually I can't see any use of them except:

• Orienting obviously but the informations are so accurate that is like your character is following Google Maps on a smartphone (seriously we need to get lost sometimes, Chernarus in not a huge map after months of gameplay)
  • Using waypoints instead of rangefinder for sniping purposes (unfair)
  • Placing markers around the map to share crash sites/trolling at other players (unrealistic and not in line with survival atmosphere)

At least we can have the chance to place a marker only by using GPS when we find it, it's a rare item and giving it a proper use will be a good item/tool balance IMHO.

• Like 2

Alot of the the private servers have invested hours upon hours of doing their own custom map edits and that could inflict with vanilla POI's

Shure will inflict on our servers where we have bout 55 seperate edited areas and that's covering months of adding in custom/customized

area's.

I'll add an option to disable. However you may have issues with the new loot system in 1.8.1. Your going to need to make sure all your buildings are loaded before the loot system starts.

I got that, but on the release note you only mention take (remove) blood from yourself (to fil an empty 4k bloodbag).

Will it be also possible to give blood (use a bloodbag to increase your blood level) to yourself without help of another player ? (with a standard 12k bloodbag, or with a 4k bloodbag with same blood type/rh than yours) .?

thanks

You can give your self the 4k one.

I'll add an option to disable. However you may have issues with the new loot system in 1.8.1. Your going to need to make sure all your buildings are loaded before the loot system starts.

my added buildings dont come from the database but sqf files loaded server side before hive starts loading vehicles due to issues with vehicles clipping trough buildings if done the other way around ;)

If those POI's are added trough means of sqf files i dont see a need for a disable option as it can just be stripped out if desired by private hived server hosters...

Nice! thanks ;)

Hello, R4Z0R49 and others!
I really like the new POI idea, so I thought I would introduce something I made myself about 6 months ago for my own server. The server was not too popular but why let the hard work go to waste?
On to the point! I added some trains and hundreds of wagons on to the railway. They all are leveled with the rails - really tidious and time consuming work. But all in all I am pleased with the results.
Besides filling the void of not having trains almost anywhere on the map it is possible to spawn loot into the wagons.
I also made a little demo video of the result.

I do not know if you,R4Z0R49, or anybody else are interested in this kind of stuff. But if you are and you think you could use it, I would happily share it :)

Regards,

Allar

• Like 9

I really like the new POI idea, so I thought I would introduce something I made myself about 6 months ago for my own server. The server was not too popular but why let the hard work go to waste?

On to the point! I added some trains and hundreds of wagons on to the railway. They all are leveled with the rails - really tidious and time consuming work. But all in all I am pleased with the results.

Besides filling the void of not having trains almost anywhere on the map it is possible to spawn loot into the wagons.

I also made a little demo video of the result.

I do not know if you,R4Z0R49, or anybody else are interested in this kind of stuff. But if you are and you think you could use it, I would happily share it :)

Regards,

Allar

That's really nice, great job. Although I think that some train should be flipped over or what not. However, it would add some subtle variation to the coast line.

Have all my beans for the hard work. I really do like those sort of things. :)

Have all my beans for the hard work. I really do like those sort of things. :)

It's not the hard work I gave him my beans for, but the sharing attitude towards the community. People should take example from such actions.

Edited by h3l1x

I had a question about knives going blunt.

Is there a way to resharpen them? (possibility of being broken after a lot of usage)

Or perhaps being able to use them as a weapon? Then again there'd be a problem with holstering them as if they were a rifle or a pistol since there are restrictions within the engine. I probably answered my own question but I like to see an actual answer from a person who works more in-depth with it than I ever would :)

Edited by TIC321