r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

One absolute request for 1.8.1 and the moonlit night server-side option ... for the love of all that is undead, ensure moonlit nights (dark days!) are disabled as the default setting and make this visual nightmare an opt - in choice!

This is simply a hideous blight on the game ...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/702854953451103440/F4894C4E9E8451E950C184A1D7FBEFE92043728B/

(the forum doesn't like this Steam hosted JPEG ... "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."  It will preview but not post)

With moonlit nights disabled by default, the uninformed and the lazy will take the path of least resistance, changing nothing and leaving normal nights set.  Only the sad Philistines will moan enough to motivate server admins to change the setting to enable moonlit nursery mode.

Help bring back DayZ night time!

• Like 1

If you hadnt noticed the temp gauge working i'm just pointing it out :-)

• Like 1

will bloodtype remain the same after server restarts? in fact will it be saved to the database somehow?

creating bloodbags from your own for later use would be useless otherwise. also is there a limit you can store such bloodbags? it might get unusable may be even infected after some time?

just some thoughts ...

• Like 1

Very nice to see the new stealth system and temperatures working again. Thanks Razor. Can't wait for the next update. ;)

will bloodtype remain the same after server restarts? in fact will it be saved to the database somehow?

creating bloodbags from your own for later use would be useless otherwise. also is there a limit you can store such bloodbags? it might get unusable may be even infected after some time?

just some thoughts ...

Yes, blood types are always saved and if they weren't saved properly the only thing that would be different/random is the Rh type (blood types are randomized from your character ID, essentially your DB entry # tied to death/lives on the server total, not your CD key).

Each blood-bag taken from yourself or a player is 4k blood (otherwise you would obviously kill the player you are taking blood from). In addition to this you may take a single bag of blood (if their is enough left) from a recently dead corpse, yes it is still tied to the blood type of the corpse.

As for keeping the time of the bloodbag is in your inventory, it is impossible to do correctly, so I don't plan on adding expiration as you could always just drop it than pick it up again.

Edited by icomrade

Razor, i have an important question about 1.8.1 update.

Did the hive.dll have any changes that will make reality entirely useless. due to new stuff being saved to the database at all?

or will i still be able to do a manual patching of my reality builds. If reality is going to be fully incompatible i'd like to get an honest

answer so i can start working on running an official files / db sheme test server on my dedicated box.

Cheers Soul!

the .dlls dont really have mush to do with it we use most of the same calls. the server.pbo will need a good make over.

• Like 1

is it posible when its raining to fill your water bottle with rainwater?

• Like 1

Or possibly build a rain collector barrel like something from Project Zomboid.

Perhaps after awhile that the water has been sitting(or trapped as you may call it) for some time, the water could turn bad from the possible elements just like how lakes and other water sources can create waterborne illnesses.

You could also randomly spawn these blue waterbarrels near houses, which are also in Wasteland for example. When its raining these get filled with water and you can fill up your waterbottle. I don't know if it is possible to detect if it's raining or not, though.

already exists made by BDC its on opendayz.net

Some questions/thoughts concerning this system.

1) It appears blood spills are too dense, too close to each other, about one-two spills each half metre. While I like it as a feature I find it kinda too easy to stalk someone when the blood trail is so obvious. Maybe there could be some tweaking, let's say a spill every couple of meters so it actually takes some scouting in order to find the bleeder, and not following such an obvious path.

2) Did the blood trail in the end of the video dissapeared? Does it work like when you bleed you leave and trail and as soon as you bandage the trail dissapears automatically after a couple of seconds? IMO the trail should stay for a couple of minutes at least (say 5 or 10) regardless of whether the bleeder managed to bandage himself, died, logged off, etc.

1: it was a quick demo.

2: it was a quick demo.

Blood pool distance apart will depend on the amount of blood your losing. Once you get to 80 pools it just starts to clean them up in the demo it was way to fast but it was only a demo so i'm not worried.

All videos about 1.8.1 features are amazing, can't wait to test/play it. Think we also have more players after Arma II sales.