r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

Always been like that.

VRotor is not the Mainrotor. The Mainrotor is the HRotor = Horizontal Rotor. The Vertical Rotor = VRotor still makes you spin. Marked as ATRQ = Antitorque in the HUD.

i know what the V-rotor is, i've never thought of them as the same rotor haha - I was merely pointing out that even with that one thing broken the chopper won't fly properly. admittedly, my original point eludes me now :)

Yea its always best to drop something else first. it's another one of them silly issues SA should resolve fully

Yup, my standard practice when I need to be careful with inventory items that I don't want to lose is to start a loot pile in a clear flat spot (start by putting a tin can or bandage on the ground), then look at that object and press the inventory button.  At that point you should see it on the left side of your inventory.  Transfer your weapon to that loot pile, then pick up the melee weapon, move it to "carrying", then go pick your weapon back up.  It only adds a couple seconds to the process and so far I haven't lost a weapon yet using this method.

So played a few hours today on 1.8.1 and well it ended pretty bad i'm fighting for my live just now.

I'm hungry, thirsty, under 2k blood, and its just started to rain.

so because i'm hungry and thirsty im losing 10 blood per sec. Because i'm under 2k blood i'm passing out now on top of this my temperature is dropping my ui has never been so low on everything. As my temperature drops more ill start to get sick resulting in an added -3 blood per sec loss.

So what to do create a fire to keep me warm making sure i don't get sick and prey i find an animal for food.
Find a building to take shelter and run the risk of getting into trouble with zeds.

• Like 3

So played a few hours today on 1.8.1 and well it ended pretty bad i'm fighting for my live just now.

I'm hungry, thirsty, under 2k blood, and its just started to rain.

so because i'm hungry and thirsty im losing 10 blood per sec. Because i'm under 2k blood i'm passing out now on top of this my temperature is dropping my ui has never been so low on everything. As my temperature drops more ill start to get sick resulting in an added -3 blood per sec loss.

So what to do create a fire to keep me warm making sure i don't get sick and prey i find an animal for food.

Find a building to take shelter and run the risk of getting into trouble with zeds.

That's the way to do it man.

I have a concern about the zombies that they detect you far more easily, even at a far range and the sight/hearing indicators are faded. 

sight is always visible no matter what the ui shows. But i have removed alot of the sound systems from zeds in 1.8.1 to allow players to get right up behind zeds without pulling them. Im looking at sight.

• Like 2

sight is always visible no matter what the ui shows. But i have removed alot of the sound systems from zeds in 1.8.1 to allow players to get right up behind zeds without pulling them. Im looking at sight.

Thought that was dependent on the UI but that's good to know other than that :)

I also discovered that when a zombie is chasing you and when you hear it's growls and snarls, other players can't quite hear it. Only the person being chased can hear those sounds

Edited by TIC321

yep its also the same when your spotted. 

Sight is dependent on so many things the light how the player is stood/crouched where there doing it. The ui just highlights when your being stupid loud.

weather.
objects.

also effect sight

• Like 1

Even during the night when you create a campfire or throwing chem lights and flares? Would that attract zombies?

Light is light they always effect sight of zeds.

Perfect. Thanks for the quick feedback man. Always appreciated.

Time to resume the bug hunting ;)

Cometh the 'vanilla dayz is boring'.

Razor re: helicopters in above posts. IMO it makes sense that if a helicopter doesn't have a main rotor it shouldn't fly. Seeing as the main rotors can only be found at hangars (a great thing) it makes collecting one riskier than before. However according to the well educated folk on here, the helis only require an engine to fly. Can you fix this?

The other thing, anyone else think all other weapons apart from the hatchet are so inconsistent. The aim seems so off. Hatchet also seems to have the greatest range.

Cometh the 'vanilla dayz is boring'.

Razor re: helicopters in above posts. IMO it makes sense that if a helicopter doesn't have a main rotor it shouldn't fly. Seeing as the main rotors can only be found at hangars (a great thing) it makes collecting one riskier than before. However according to the well educated folk on here, the helis only require an engine to fly. Can you fix this?

The other thing, anyone else think all other weapons apart from the hatchet are so inconsistent. The aim seems so off. Hatchet also seems to have the greatest range.

I don't follow. you need more then just an engine to fly without the h rotor the chopper will just spin

I want to remove some of the weapons from the list of loot some of the buildings. Can you please tell how to do it?

I want to remove some of the weapons from the list of loot some of the buildings. Can you please tell how to do it?

Search on opendayz.com for custom loottables, that'll be a good starting point to learn something ;)

Search on opendayz.com for custom loottables, that'll be a good starting point to learn something ;)

Search the site recommended by you is completely useless!

In the case of:

Or when correcting a file "CfgBuildingLoot.hpp" in "dayz_code.pbo" further packaging "PBO" and signing.

Or just copying the file to a different location and prescribed in the "ini" file path to that loot.

Always got the same result when connecting to server ...

"Picture z \ addons \ dayz_code \ gui \ loadingscreen.paa not found"

2cfbff06ffd9t.jpg

Search the site recommended by you is completely useless!

Because it's the wrong one - this is the correct one:

http://www.opendayz.net

If that doesn't help you I suggest opening a separate thread, as this thread is not meant for your sort of questions.

You also have been doing the completely wrong thing anyway.

• Like 1

I discovered that when a server starts to bog down after an hour or so (This is with about a 40 player count) and you happen to find a helicopter, as someone is flying around and you happen to be the gunner. If you switch between seats, sometimes it kicks you completely out and you plummet to your death.

Affected Vehicle as of now: Mi-17 Transport.

Edited by TIC321

Using the newest beta has a few other issues. Id need to contact both six and dzc.

Any eta for the patch Razor can't wait to test the blood system.

And how are the camp stages coming along?

Camp stages are on hold we just don't have the ppl to spare just now to work on base systems. 

Using the newest beta has a few other issues. Id need to contact both six and dzc.

Not to mention that it's not backwards compatible and everytime you enter the server browser it tells you "patch 1.62 is available for download." Click OK to continue