beavis_5000

My opinion of KoS.....

I personally dont mind the KoS mentality on the mod. Its a big part of the mod.

My only issue with the KoS mentality is I would love to have a true Survivor, Zombie Horror game in which zombies are in huge numbers, tougher and are the main worry by far. Sure people still might try to KoS but I want the zombie and survivng aspects to be hard enough to be the biggest worry. To where people who even have a KoS mentality and already run in teams want to take in as many team mates as possible to help deal with zombies instead of thinking well we have a team of 4 thats enough. Instead of seeing a survivor and wanting to kill they think "Well we could really use him for when we get swamped by a huge hoarde again".

If the SA is more like the mod (which I expect) it will still be a good game and I will play it but I wont lie and say i wont be disappointed. I mean we already have the Day Z mod to have the PvP why do we need two just like it?

So I like the KoS aspect of the mod and I very much enjoy the Hero vs Bandit rivalry. I just think if they truly make the SA a Zombie game it could be the greatest game of all time.

SO my question to all the hardcore KoS'ers out there-

If you could chose between a hardcore Zombie game in the SA like Ive described or the SA being essentially another Day Z mod what would you choose?

Edited by electricfuneral
  • Like 2

I predict everyone thought the title Kos was referring to the forum member. :P

To stay on topic, the kill on sight mentality plays a big role in DayZ as it is a survival game. If you notice games like Dead Rising, psychopaths are known to try to kill others which can reflect on real life on any possible severe apocalyptic outbreak that may put their own lives in danger.

The problem with the mod as I can tell is that the zombies are too broken with the limitations of the engine + they're more of a hassle than a threat.

Edit: Fixed typos.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 6

To stay on topic, the kill on sight mentality plays a big role in DayZ as it is a survivor game. If you notice games like Dead Rising, psychopaths are known to try to kill others which can reflect on real life on any possible severe apocalyptic outbreak that may put their own lives in danger.

The problem with the mod as I can tell is that the zombies are too broken with the limitations of the engine + they're more of a hassle than a threat.

YEP. Pretty much

To stay on topic, the kill on sight mentality plays a big role in DayZ as it is a survivor game. If you notice games like Dead Rising, psychopaths are known to try to kill others which can reflect on real life on any possible severe apocalyptic outbreak that may put their own lives in danger.

DayZ as is is really not a zombie game. Not really even a survivor game.

Yeah I realize no one cars about my opinion or my dream zombie game lol.

I just felt others may feel similar to me and I was trying to give insight as of why I personally speak negative of the KoS mentality at times. Its nots because I dont enjoy that aspect of the game I am just crossing my fingers (probably in false hope) that they will mae a true Zombies game out of this because it would be awesome. And if it dont happen with this game it might never happen.

btw Dead Rising was good because of the massive amounts of zombies and everything involved in the game revovled around the zombies and the zombie out break. A little to much drama outside of the actual outbreak tho even in Dead Rising for my taste.

Take Dead Rising, make it a survivor game like Day Z but with sprinting zombies and in a world the size of DayZ then we will be getting somewhere.

Yep. XD

• Like 1

nice to see another KOS topic. we could do with more.

I was hoping one of the previlant KoS'ers would give some input. I should have included this question in the OP and I will edit in a min. But my question to you hardcore KoS'ers is-

If you could chose between a hardcore Zombie game in the SA like Ive described or the SA being essentially another Day Z mod what would you choose?

To reply to your thread, yea, we get it, KoS is a really mood-killer and just frustrates me since I cannot play how I'd want to play.

I, too, want the KoS to be gone, but for that to happen, Rocket needs to make it so.

And he's already trying hard.

I'm gonna go right ahead and say if I leave the game now and come back in 20 years, this debate over KOS will still be going on

nice to see another KOS topic. we could do with more.

What can you expect from mere robots?

Dean mentions the "problem" of "kill on sight" and suddenly everyone discusses it.

Obama mentions the "problem" of "racism" and suddenly all of America talks about it.

Edited by HumanBeing25

What can you expect from mere robots?

Dean mentions the "problem" of "kill on sight" and suddenly everyone discusses it.

Obama mentions the "problem" of "racism" and suddenly all of America talks about it.

Whose Dean? And the KoS debate has raged ever since ive been on here.

• Like 1

The thing about KoS in this game is the tension. You kill people because you think THEY might kill you if they see you. In my opinion it's not really dependant on player mentality. In this game, if you regularly visit places in which there are going to be players, especially if a lot of them, to survive and keep your gear, you either kill on sight or are really cautious about who you befriend. 

That being said, I don't think it's really that hard to find players who want to cooperate. However, the more hardcore ones won't take chances. I personally, always take chances because I think the interactions and tension between players is the core in this game. I don't want it all reduced to a deathmatch.

Thoughts?

The thing about KoS in this game is the tension. You kill people because you think THEY might kill you if they see you. In my opinion it's not really dependant on player mentality. In this game, if you regularly visit places in which there are going to be players, especially if a lot of them, to survive and keep your gear, you either kill on sight or are really cautious about who you befriend. 

That being said, I don't think it's really that hard to find players who want to cooperate. However, the more hardcore ones won't take chances. I personally, always take chances because I think the interactions and tension between players is the core in this game. I don't want it all reduced to a deathmatch.

Thoughts?

I agree and I think now that loot has been nerfed it will balance the PvP back out. With loot the way it was and every single player, noob or otherwise, was running around with CCO's and snipers killing everything that moved (or trying to kill everything lol).

Whose Dean?

None other than the almighty creator. You may know him by the name "Rocket"

Screenshot_14.png

• Like 1

Someone who kills fresh spawn ....... Not a Bandit

Someone who Snipes ...................... Not a Bandit.

Someone who Screams friendly, then shoot's you in the face .............Not a bandit.

Someone who camps in a building ...Not a Bandit.

Someone who say's the are here to help ......Not a Bandit

So to some this up if you run around "K O S" YOU ARE NOT A BANDIT

A True Bandit has a sense of the duty they must preform, in the wastelands and city's. And their courage is inscribed in the "Bandit Diary's" as a true testament of their actions... 

So all you TRUE Bandits rejoice and every server you visit WE MUST STAMP OUT THE Feral little fools who "KOS" as they Bring shame to you True Bandits

• Like 1

Whose Dean?

MY Dean!

Screenshot_14.png

Some say his eyes are on the streets. Some say his eyes are on the failed development. I don't know for sure.

Someone who kills fresh spawn ....... Not a Bandit

Someone who Snipes ...................... Not a Bandit.

Someone who Screams friendly, then shoot's you in the face .............Not a bandit.

Someone who camps in a building ...Not a Bandit.

Someone who say's the are here to help ......Not a Bandit

So to some this up if you run around "K O S" YOU ARE NOT A BANDIT

A True Bandit has a sense of the duty they must preform, in the wastelands and city's. And their courage is inscribed in the "Bandit Diary's" as a true testament of their actions... 

So all you TRUE Bandits rejoice and every server you visit WE MUST STAMP OUT THE Feral little fools who "KOS" as they Bring shame to you True Bandits

What the fuck!?

Too much internet today.

What the fuck!?

Too much internet today.

How many thumbs have you got gaaahuuurt <_<

But anyway thanks for your Valued Input on this matter as your opinion was priceless :)

I agree and I think now that loot has been nerfed it will balance the PvP back out. With loot the way it was and every single player, noob or otherwise, was running around with CCO's and snipers killing everything that moved (or trying to kill everything lol).

In my opinion it was never about the loot balance; It's just about the tension that makes this game golden. 

What have your experiences with other players been like? Maybe you just didn't have a a whole lot of luck. 

Now, about your consideration that this is more of a player vs player or squad vs squad game than a player vs zombies or squad vs zombies game, I think you're very right; It's a military simulator where you can betray your friends; It's a zombie apocalypse game where the real enemies are other players; It's a lot of things, but not really a zombie survival game. It's more of just... umm... a "survival" game with zombies added in the mix. I personally like it a lot, and so does the community, so I find it unlikely that the SA will be more zombie-focused. However, ArmA being such an easily modded game, you can always create your own mod for the SA and a lot of people with the same playstyle as you would join in to play.

• Like 1

How many thumbs have you got gaaahuuurt <_<

But anyway thanks for your Valued Input on this matter as your opinion was priceless :)

LOL.

You're welcome.

I was commenting on the way you wrote your last post. It almost seemed as if you were recruiting people to a new religion, or cult, or whatever.

In my opinion it was never about the loot balance; It's just about the tension that makes this game golden. 

What have your experiences with other players been like? Maybe you just didn't have a a whole lot of luck. 

Now, about your consideration that this is more of a player vs player or squad vs squad game than a player vs zombies or squad vs zombies game, I think you're very right; It's a military simulator where you can betray your friends; It's a zombie apocalypse game where the real enemies are other players; It's a lot of things, but not really a zombie survival game. It's more of just... umm... a "survival" game with zombies added in the mix. I personally like it a lot, and so does the community, so I find it unlikely that the SA will be more zombie-focused. However, ArmA being such an easily modded game, you can always create your own mod for the SA and a lot of people with the same playstyle as you would join in to play.

Great post and thanks for the input. I too love DayZ im just expressing my dream for a hardcore zombie survival game. You make a great point about mods off of the SA.

And yeah i have had horrible luck with other players but that is one of the fun things about DayZ, no problems there..

This topic again? Isn't this all just common sense? 

You CANNOT control how people are going to play the game.

I do not personally like the people who run around killing every other player they see whether they are a threat or not.

I do not like when people do the friendly dance or yell "friendly" then shoot you.

I do not like when people camp on "sniper hill" and kill fresh spawns.

That said... I turn killing THOSE A-holes into a game. If you're a smart and DECENT player, you can avoid getting killed on sight by playing intelligently and by being better at gun play than the lamers who sit around shooting unarmed survivors all day.

Having random sociopaths who kill everything they see adds an element of tension to the game.

Now, for you "pro-kos-uber-bandit" types.. Stop lying to yourselves and the entire community. You aren't killing people for gear. You aren't killing people because they're a threat. You're killing people because that's what gets you off. There's nothing wrong with that. Just stop telling yourselves and everyone else that you're doing it for some "purpose". Truth is, you'd be better off going and playing Battlefield 4, if you think you're so fucking good at FPS's.

Sorry then Flame off 

This has Thread has been "Killed On Sight" and unfortunately no matter how many times we discuss it, we end up at the same conclusion 

That people who "KOS" can not see any wrong hence were the problem lay, i don't have a problem with bandits just with 9yr old squeakers who suffer from 

lack of Parental Love calling themselves "Bandits" as they clearly are not

never stop KoS ;)

guys play for fun, if fun for them is murder and kill and game have guns is no need for Einstein explain what happen :huh:

6ycevs.gif

Edited by KoS
  • Like 1