Dekkymane

Dear Rocket and his team, no private hives, please.

I only like the private hives that make it so you can savage vehicles, first person only (more hardcore), Custom anti-Hack. Anything other than that too me is worthless to my gaming time.

Yeah I agree. But when they make it pay2win, add 1000+ jets and 100,000+AS50's that's the real problem. If they actually give them private hives they are free to do what they want, no one can stop them.

KEEP PRIVATE HIVES!!! lol, personaly I don't like playing on public hive servers because of the people that can go gear in a quiet server then join a full one with full gear in a great position.....its completely unrealistic. Your server should be your home, and you should know the regulars. Makes tracking player movements actually a part of the game.

That being said, mod servers and any form of modified hives should not be allowed. Only Vanilla Dayz. But if I had it my way every server would be a private hive! :P

KEEP PRIVATE HIVES!!! lol, personaly I don't like playing on public hive servers because of the people that can go gear in a quiet server then join a full one with full gear in a great position.....its completely unrealistic. Your server should be your home, and you should know the regulars. Makes tracking player movements actually a part of the game.

That being said, mod servers and any form of modified hives should not be allowed. Only Vanilla Dayz. But if I had it my way every server would be a private hive! :P

That's why in Standalone, servers shouldn't share data IMO.

All the sharing of data does is promote what you mentioned, and logging in behind players unfairly.

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 1

Had to stop and jump in here. Have to agree, private hives are bad as it is inevitable that the admins who pay will feel they deserve a better shot, because they paid. It's like if someone put up a basketball goal on their street and then claimed they could foul all day cause they bought the goal. Who wants to play ball with that guy?

Server operators should rent the servers to provide a fair playing field or just not rent at all. There were lots of complaints in the beginning from admins who felt they didn't have enough power. I even heard these complaints from admins who would reset the server to get vehicles to spawn. What gives?

I for one don't feel that private hives saved the mod. If anything they drew in more players who had no clue what this game was about. They kept the mod growing at a time when it was big enough already. Private hives may have had some benefit for the community, but in the long run it is far outweighed by the ultimate cost. I got hacked as much as the rest of you, but I kept coming back. And I would have continued to come back. I think there have always been more than enough people enamored with DayZ to ride out the wave of hackers. Instead the hackers were legitimized by private hives. Even if murder were legal, it would still be wrong to anyone with a moral compass.

Private hives are a blight on DayZ and should be treated as such. Apologies to the minority of good private hives out there (been on a few), but you must understand you have been outnumbered by those proving the irresponsibility of the masses.

Is there any word on how servers are going to be set up in the SA? How strict is BIS control going to be, can anbody just start a server like you can with Arma?

I understand that the guy who pays the rent wants some control over "his" server e.g. dificulty settings or time of day etc. Hopefully things like more vehicles, more weapons won't be possible, in the end it's Rocket/BI's game.

How does this work in other popular MP games?

No the self blood bag defeats teamwork. Lone wolfs should be at a disadvantage, realisticly. In a real zombie apocalypse, if you got hurt, broken leg and all that, and you had a friend to help you, it's always better then being on your own. The self blood bags make it arcadey.

LOL what? Makes it arcadey? Should punish lone wolves?

Realistically in a real zombie apocalypse you could bloodbag yourself - in real life you can do it. However only in a fantasy will bloodbagging a) take 30 seconds and b) make you completely healthy again. Your arguments are pretty crap and ill thought out tbh and just to show you how stupid it is not to be able to self blood bag (where it would be a 5 minute process) - why can we make campfires by ourselves? Surely we should need someone to help do that so we can cook all that meat that will get out blood back to normal.

As a lone wolf myself, I prefer there to be no self bloodbag option; as you said, those who play alone should be at a disadvantage.

Because?

Sounds good to me! Better loot regulation and no private hives!

But what about the modding community? For many Games they are a important part.

But i also have to say that i dislike most of the dayz mods. For instance the Epoch mod.

I never played it because it was enough for me to see the pictures of odd colored vehicles that look crappy like hell because of bad (lets say missing) textures. This unreal stuff should be forbidden! xD

I think the solution to have both (Vanilla and Modded Official Servers) would be the following:

Any Mod needs to be presented to the community and voted by them. The best mods need to pass a test from the devs to make it in the official servers. If one payed to have an official server, he then can choose from all available "Official Mods". These mods take care of balancing and realism and dont have too big impact on gameplay.

In the server selection screen the player can see non vanilla servers marked with an M. When mouse over he can see a list of all active mods on the server.

This would make life easier :)

I'd prefer no mods and BIS retain and continuing development of the game adding in things. That being said, was this a conversation that was being had on Last of days or whatever it's called, how about Nether - metal gear so9lid, did that have to be modded to so everyone could play it or, did people do what they've done with every game that's ever came out, played it on its merits.

People on these forums sound so self entitled like they should get a say in the way the game is made. Perhaps we should rin up J K Rowling and tell her how the community want her next novel to pan out ;)

Because?

For it is logical. If we exclude detection (dis)advantages, etc, a lone wolf generally has a tougher time playing; since DayZ is swallowed up with PvP at the moment, 1v2 is generally more difficult [for the lone wolf] than 2v2.

I'm all for private hives.  You can't depend on Battleye to get rid of cheaters.  And there are some good communities out there that provide quality servers with good admins and no "pay to win" donation perks, or dumbing down of the mod, map, or game.

Despite loving DayZ, I quit playing it for almost two months because of the constant stream of script kiddies on the public servers.  It was the private servers that let me start playing DayZ again and actually have fun again doing it.  Sure, you still get a cheater every now and then, but they get caught.

And when it comes right down to it, if you don't like private hives, there's no one making you play them.  But just because you might not like them, doesn't mean that those who do like them should be denied the chance.

Okay, maybe we all shouldn't hate Private Hives. They have done a lot for the community.

HOWEVER, I don't believe the standalone should ever have private hives, and if they do, there should be EXTREME limitations put on them (no editing loot, no uber-customizations, and definitely no ability to mess with any player whatsoever).

The standalone IMO needs to be focused on anti-hacking FIRST, and then have the second focus be pleasing people. We all loved how much the devs wanted to please us with the mod, but then we all hated the hacking. Flip the equation. Make us wait until all those douche-drinking shit-eating fart-sniffers have no possible way to muck up the game, and then release it. Then, do the same thing with Private Hives. Make it to where the P.O.S worthless admins that abuse and/or destroy the spirit and focus of the game cannot change anything truly important or crucial to DayZ.

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 2

KoS. I will admin your ass till you're begging for mercy. Mwa

Ha

Ha.

Realistically in a real zombie apocalypse

hmm k

Blood sitting in a box for days would kill you regardless so lets not get too pickylistic.

OP

I think vanilla only private hives would be ok.

Would be useful for those who want to perhaps try things, learn things or play a little differently once in awhile without it affecting their 'global' character.

Edited by RogueNZ

People join private hives because they take DayZ and crank down the difficulty to easy mode...

There are many reasons people prefer to play on private hives than to make it easier.  I personally prefer private hives because;

• No ghosting
  • No server hopping
  • Less hackers (generally)
  • Better sense of community with the people who play on that server
  • Lots of variety
    • Different Maps
    • Different sever options
    • Customised and new enterable buildings

Both private and public hives have their pros and cons, its just a case of which is better overall.  If it wasn't for the private hives and the variety they brought I don't think I'd still be playing personally.

I just wanted to state that thinking the only reason people play on these private hives is to play it easy mode is quite naive.

NB - I play mostly on vanilla private hives, but occasionally want a different experience so play on other mods (DayZero, Tavi, etc.)

Edited by Boshed
  • Like 1

For it is logical. If we exclude detection (dis)advantages, etc, a lone wolf generally has a tougher time playing; since DayZ is swallowed up with PvP at the moment, 1v2 is generally more difficult [for the lone wolf] than 2v2.

People that play alone are at a disadvantage all the time - that's true for all pvp games. Further limiting a player for no reason is not logical.

Lone player therefore no self bagging - where is the logic in that?

The biggest problem with an idea like that is the genie is out of the bottle. People have already gotten accustomed to being able to have everything at will and most will not likely go back to vanilla even if quitting is the only alternative. I do intend on playing on public hives as the only reason I left them to begin with was the abundance of hackers. Once they get their network bubble figured out my one complaint should be gone. That's not to say that six months in I wouldn't want something more, and private hives might offer that extra content and experience that dlc would if it existed at that point. I agree with the OP that it would definitely help the game in the long run if they forced everyone on the same public hive for the first few months. The biggest threat to a stable community right now is the ease with which every twelve year old playing can pull just a few players away to a private hive. Once doesn't hurt anything but when the vast majority of servers have just a few players it doesn't help anyone. I always laugh at the amount of people trying to advertise this new amazing server that's loaded with absurd crap.

The perfect piece of evidence of this community being broken was a post I once made on these forums. I made a joke post about a new server I opened that had thousands of vehicles, hundreds of helis and F18s, donate for an invisibility cloak, etc and people actually thought I was serious. I expected a few pages of people laughing with me and instead found people actually thinking it was real. It was kind of sad really.

fuck it, the P2W noobs will still buy the game, if they don't play it once they realise it isn't call of duty anymore so what? devs get their well earned money and DayZ is given back to the real DayZ players :) win win situation have I ever heard one

• Like 1

People that play alone are at a disadvantage all the time - that's true for all pvp games. Further limiting a player for no reason is not logical.

Lone player therefore no self bagging - where is the logic in that?

Logic plays no part in thisI recall now that I originally stated that it was logical, so disregard that--it is personal preference; I do not wish to have my disadvantages lessened.

It is not a matter of further limiting, for the option was never removed as it never was present to begin with, but a matter of giving said player more aid. I wish not to be given some ridiculous help. I have gone without self blood-bagging and I can do it again. I abhor the option.

I re-iterate: You cannot remove something that was not present to begin with and, therefore, it does not further limit a player.

We speak of an aspiring zombie survival sandbox that aims to be as realistic as possible whilst still retaining fun. The aim is/was/shall be to be difficult. I do not, as stated previously,  want some extra assistance.

Edited by Inception.

Logic plays no part in this; I do not wish to have my disadvantages lessened.

It is not a matter of further limiting, for the option was never removed as it never was present to begin with, but a matter of giving said player more aid. I wish not to be given some ridiculous help. I have gone without self blood-bagging and I can do it again. I abhor the option.

We speak of an aspiring zombie survival sandbox that aims to be as realistic as possible whilst still retaining fun.

inb4 Inception. 'debunkers' i quote - as realistic as possible whilst still retaining fun.

inb4 Inception. 'debunkers' i quote - as realistic as possible whilst still retaining fun.

Yes. As realistic as possible whilst still retaining fun. That is possible for fun is a matter of perspective. One may find fun within the realism/immersion.

• Like 1

admin, please pinn this shit: destroy all private hives!!! :beans:

I give you all my beans if you do that! :P -

1000 extra vehicles + 1000 extra weapons + atom-bombs... etc... - who wants this ? go and play arma2...

Edited by TiMEDANCE
  • Like 1

I HATE private hives for the reason that everyone wants THE EASY WAY. This is a zombie survivial game and you do not start with as50's and camo and self blood bag. I have had so much more than enough of the way that this game has went, from the modding community. I HATE 500+ cars, I HATE spawning with OP weapons, and I HATE private servers for making it easy for people that don't want to work for anything. I HATE that I can barely play on Vanilla servers, I HATE that there are 20+ mods of DayZ, I HATE that there are 50 helicopters on a map, and I hate everything that this game has become. This game has turned for the worst, and i'm hoping the standalone will be different and not have all this modding shit in the GAME. Make a seperate client for mods for DayZ, because I have more than had enough with trying to find a Vanilla DayZ server.

• Like 2

I HATE private hives for the reason that everyone wants THE EASY WAY. This is a zombie survivial game and you do not start with as50's and camo and self blood bag. I have had so much more than enough of the way that this game has went, from the modding community. I HATE 500+ cars, I HATE spawning with OP weapons, and I HATE private servers for making it easy for people that don't want to work for anything. I HATE that I can barely play on Vanilla servers, I HATE that there are 20+ mods of DayZ, I HATE that there are 50 helicopters on a map, and I hate everything that this game has become. This game has turned for the worst, and i'm hoping the standalone will be different and not have all this modding shit in the GAME. Make a seperate client for mods for DayZ, because I have more than had enough with trying to find a Vanilla DayZ server.

I have faith in Rocket and the other SA devs that they're smart enough to realize that not everyone is too lazy to find a good private community offering good private servers.  If you "HATE" private servers based on a half-a$$ed atempt to find a good community, that's your own fault.  There's plenty of bad ones out there that dumb the game down for the whining easy mode crowd.  But there are several good private communities out there too that maintain the hardcore nature and do not have pay-to-win donator perks.

Those of us who do put forth a little effort and to find some of these communities enjoy a good hardcore DayZ atmosphere that is FAR more free of script kiddies than the public servers.  And like I said before, there's plenty of public servers for you to play.  No one is forcing anyone to play a private server.  Certainly not those who actually play private servers.  I have faith that Rocket and his team will not force those who enjoy private servers to play public servers just because players like you think everyone should have to play where you want them to.  Sure, the release will be only public servers, but Rocket said the private servers were a possibility down the line.  I'm sure he'll make good on that.

• Like 1

Making it tough to find servers hosting the actual mod is ok for a mod, cause it lets people like you think they are tough.

But for a real game, that people spent millions developing, its murder. You have to actually have some control of your product, if its modable itself, fine, but let people know in the launchers or what ever where to find the actual game you made.

Cause we are not all tough like some of you, we just want to play a survival game.

Well I think we know for a fact there's going to be no self blood bagging in the SA anyway because of how the blood types etc. I'm not understanding the SA blood system yet but I guess I'll find out.

Logic plays no part in thisI recall now that I originally stated that it was logical, so disregard that--it is personal preference; I do not wish to have my disadvantages lessened.

I re-iterate: You cannot remove something that was not present to begin with and, therefore, it does not further limit a player.

We speak of an aspiring zombie survival sandbox that aims to be as realistic as possible whilst still retaining fun. The aim is/was/shall be to be difficult. I do not, as stated previously,  want some extra assistance.

We've dispelled this canard before - it is not a sandbox game. It has a set of finite rules that allow you to do a few things. Mincecraft is a sandbox game, DayZ is an open game at best.

Onto the blood bags - I prefer games that make sense. I can suspend my level of disbelief for certain things but if they modded in the ability to curve bullets say, I would probably drop dayz as it would have gone too far.

Now blood bagging is easy to do on yourself and you can do it to yourself if you can do it to someone else. When you can't BB yourself, it makes my brain say "that's stupid" just like it says "that's stupid" when I blood bag someone else in 30 seconds. When my brain says things are too stupid too many times, that's when I depart from it (or a movie, book, etc).

Yes it wasn't in the game to begin with - big deal. It was in real life to begin with and I thought that Arma was aspiring to be RL - dayz is aspiring to be authentic - not being able to self bb is not authentic.

The whole BB process should take longer as well, like I've already said and longer still if you self BB.

It's the equivalent of needing 2 people to drive a car, or 2 people to light a fire - neither of which make sense but according to your argument, it needs to be difficult. Perhaps we could give you some maths puzzle to solve whilst you self bb?