LiftCore

Why Are There No Normal Public Servers?

Remember those servers that were just standard DayZ and that if you played between those ones your character would be carried over between them, and they were always on 24/7?

I literally scrolled down for like 15 minutes and all I could see were these crappy servers or Private ones that didn't have character carryover, and that have all these stupid features like military loot everywhere or 10000 vehicles or auto health regen or less zombies, or pay for better loadout etc. And when I play on one server in the morning and want to go back to it at night its shut off and I have to find some other server and restart my character.

How the hell do I find the standard public servers?

• Like 1

There are still public servers left. If you use Commander, you can tick or untick "Hide unofficial".

• Like 2

There are still public servers left. If you use Commander, you can tick or untick "Hide unofficial".

Hmm, I use th SIX Launcher because I had problems with DayZ Commander and updates/game file recognition last year and I'm used to SIX anyway (and it was easy to find Pub servers back then). Do you know of any way of this being done on Six? Or are there any indicators that I should be looking for to differentiate Public servers between shitty ones? Aside from the word "public" in the title?

Edited by LiftCore

Hmm, I use th SIX Launcher because I had problems with DayZ Commander and updates/game file recognition last year and I'm used to SIX anyway (and it was easy to find Pub servers back then). Do you know of any way of this being done on Six? Or are there any indicators that I should be looking for to differentiate Public servers between shitty ones? Aside from the word "public" in the title?

No, sorry. I have never used Play with Six before.

Never used PlayWithSix. Here is the IPs if that helps:

173.234.233.178:2352  - US 3480

173.208.85.82:2332 - US 520

No, sorry. I have never used Play with Six before.

No worries.

Never used PlayWithSix. Here is the IPs if that helps:

173.234.233.178:2352  - US 3480

173.208.85.82:2332 - US 520

Cheers. Is it safe to assume that most servers with the name US # are bound to be public? Because I remember a lot of the US servers int he high digits were public back in 2012.

Commander is the best way to filter the servers you want, by ticking hide unofficial.

Then keep a spreadsheet, txt file or jot the good ones down on paper.

I used a spreadsheet because it's easily sorted, and also kept short comments.

Here's the U.S. servers, but it was a few months ago with 1.7.7.1. So I don't know what's what now.

us #500 - OFFICIAL NOXUS ONLY

US 003 - OFFICIAL - ONE PLAYER ON, AND GOT NEAR ME REAL FAST

us 1407 - OFFICIAL 7/5 down, up 7/6 treadd BE 205 twice

us 1992 - OFFICIAL

us 1993 - OFFICIAL

us 1994 - OFFICIAL

us 3279 - OFFICIAL - NO 3PV

us 3533 - OFFICIAL

us 4799 - OFFICIAL

US 649 - OFFICIAL

US 805 - OFFICIAL

US 845 - OFFICIAL

US NY 2873 - OFFICIAL - LAGGY

us2254 - OFFICIAL

US2255 - OFFICIAL

US229 - OFFICIAL

US2419 - OFFICIAL

znogo DE 1008 - not OFFICIAL

znogo de 1108 not official

I put the "znogo" when I found the server unsuitable. Sorted to the bottom. Actually spent more time on French servers than U.S.

There's 5 U.S. servers I marked nogo not pasted here. One was PW protected, the rest say BE kicks.

The hide unofficial tick lets some others through, but not too many.

You know when you spawn in if it's official.

Some will be PW protected, some will be laggy, some will be hosed entirely, some will BE kick you.

Just mark it on your list, or leave it off.

I didn't launch from Commander. Used the in game on line filter. It was fast.

Basically had Commander up, sorted by players online, picked high or low pop, checked it against my list,

and if on there typed it into the in game filter.

Seems to be a good method. No way I could remember the names of the good servers.

And some servers are so hosed you have kill your game to get out, and this is one slow loading game.

So you don't want to enter a bad server twice.

Good luck.

• Like 1

US3480 is (as always) a vanilla official hive server.  We keep it as clean as we can, and stay on top of the updates (to the extent available by the host).  Glad to see you all enjoying the server, hope to see many more friends join us soon!

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Like 1

Using DayZ Commander reveals at least 359 vanilla public hive servers still in operation.

• Like 3

I switched over to Commander and luckily it works fine now, and I reckon it is better than SIX. A lot more servers show up and there is no delay time for Updates.

• Like 1

I use DayZ Commander but when I chose the "Hide unofficial" option I got a zero return!

There are very few public servers left. They all disappeared last year I think it was, when the main public hive was closed by the company running it.  But apparently, it got re-opened as people say there are still some servers available.  In my experience the European public servers tend to be German ones that start De.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Sula!

you know better than to use necromancy around these forums!

(Its forbidden)

I relate to OP's opinion that the original game is golden and that private hives are not as fun as a standard game. 

Unfortunately it's pretty much just the two of us xD

uk based server here !

Adrenaline Gaming - US264 Dallas 1 Official Public Hive

Vanilla Public Hive, DayZ Mod, 1.8.0.4, Beta Patch 103718.

Active Admins, Active Anti-Hacks

Our website is http://adrenaline-gaming.net/ feel free to stop by and register.

If you are interested in joining our server, IP: 72.5.195.86:2302

We have a TS3 server with a DayZ section for any public players if you are interested.

ts.adrenaline-gaming.net

Current difficulty is set to regular.

Edited by xAtrocity

I am on of the head admins of US 264 which is one of the oldest servers to exist for DayZ.

alot of dayz servers no longer add tags in the server name to help keep the hackers away.

• Like 1

alot of dayz servers no longer add tags in the server name to help keep the hackers away.

you just gave away the oldest kept secret in DayZ.... If you werent so damn handsome id spank you.

• Like 2