SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

It's been like a month and a half since the last real devblog. 

It's on, it has to be. I'm betting nearing Halloween. That would be perfect.

• about 12 hours ago Changed changenumber138781310899
  • about 12 hours ago Changed name ValveTestApp221100 Early AccessDayZ Early Access

i think it is happening really soon

they are getting updates out almost everyday now

:lol:

指的是-發展的最後階段釋放候選人它已經談過無數次,沒有隱藏消息...

Huh?

Huh?

He is just trying to be funny. He translated a earlier post. see below!

He was referring to the former - the final stage of development to push the release candidate. It has been talked about many times, no hidden messages

And he failed because its errors in the text. Google translate is not that good (The Chinese text that is!) :)

Edited by Zanders

He is just trying to be funny. He translated a earlier post. see below!

And he failed because its errors in the text. Google translate is not that good (The Chinese text that is!) :)

Huh?  :huh:

That was my post, and I typed it in English... It's Wayze that's translating the posts, this is the second one I've seen.

Huh?  :huh:

That was my post, and I typed it in English... It's Wayze that's translating the posts, this is the second one I've seen.

Now I don't now who is trolling who anymore xD

Yes, he knows that I translated it into chinese, because I am a representative of the naiv, unpatient and hopeful player that is waiting for the standalone, believing it could release every moment. As you said something that would destroy my "dream", my inner defense mechanism (also known as joke) did prevent that from happening, by not understanding what you wrote.

Yes, it may be not funny to you, I know that. And yes it was the second time I did that. Exactly...

Well, and now?

• Like 1

• about 12 hours ago Changed changenumber138781310899
  • about 12 hours ago Changed name ValveTestApp221100 Early AccessDayZ Early Access

i think it is happening really soon

they are getting updates out almost everyday now

It's not the renaming that is the most significant. The bumping of the version number from some ancient build to the current indicates that they have picked a Release candidate build and pushed it as Early Access Release version. All they have to do now is pus  the button. It's getting significantly more imminent, I feel like we are entering the earlier stages of Release.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 4

It's not the renaming that is the most significant. The bumping of the version number from some ancient build to the current indicates that they have picked a Release candidate build and pushed it as Early Access Release version. All they have to do now is pus  the button. It's getting significantly more imminent, I feel like we are entering the earlier stages of Release.

I haven't been this excited for a long time! Don't let me down!!!

In other words...Very Excite!

So I played DayZ today for the first time in a while.

Certainly not the place to put this, but what is with the "2nd grade doodle"-lookin' HUD? People had a shit fit over the font in WIP SA HUD screens (love those acronyms).

Still had my Mk 48, DMR, RF, NVGs, and GPS. That was neat. Still not much to do now that I've got all that, so, bring on SA!

10-15$ by Bohemia 20-25 is what deans wanted i think.

Yeah, that's what he said back in 2012. Back then he only wanted to fix major issues like hacking and zombies and release. The Project has grown since and therefore i expect it to be more expensive .

Yeah, that's what he said back in 2012. Back then he only wanted to fix major issues like hacking and zombies and release. The Project has grown since and therefore i expect it to be more expensive .

Either way I assume it won't be an expensive launch due to it being an alpha version just like how ARMA 3 did their developmental phases (Alpha, Beta then Final)

It's been like a month and a half since the last real devblog. 

It's on, it has to be. I'm betting nearing Halloween. That would be perfect.

It wouldn't be perfect at all!

Halloween weekend I am getting drunk with my friends, looking at all the girls who use it as an excuse to wear slutty cat costumes, and then going to frat parties to drink more and to talk to the slutty girls!  

If DayZ came out, I might have to change my plans!

I bet dean is loving this lol.

He would probably something along the lines of "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO THESE PEOPLE"

:lol:

• Like 1

The best part is that, while the evidence is pointing to a release soon, it isn't proof.

While I am optimistic that we are coming upon the eve of alpha....

I wouldn't be surprise if nothing came out soon.  Not saying that not coming out soon is inherently bad or good, it just means it isn't ready yet.

I really hope that the release is sooo low key that there are no ads on steam or anything.  It should be announced stealthily on this thread :D .  That way, only people who know what is going on can test the earliest (and therefore shittiest)  builds.  Of course, word will spread, but at a controlled rate.

Then after two weeks or so, there should start being adds and more official announcements. That way, more and more people will start playing when things are less crappy and more beautiful.  

That is just my inner idealist speaking  :lol:  :D

• Like 3

Prepare yourself for a shit-show regardless, if GTA V and ACA healthcare can't roll out without an IT clusterfuck... I wouldn't put it past DayZ.

Even if all goes to plan, servers will be mobbed.

Edited by Katana67

Prepare yourself for a shit-show regardless, if GTA V and ACA healthcare can't roll out without an IT clusterfuck... I wouldn't put it past DayZ.

Even if all goes to plan, servers will be mobbed

Fingers crossed.

Even if all goes to plan, servers will be mobbed.

I'm willing to just what I did in the early days of the mod, constantly hit connect until a slot opens up.

• Like 4