c.pool

DayZ+ACE, Opinions?

Like I said I have no problem with what you're doing. Hell I encourage it. The more DAYZ mods that come out with ACE will only help and fuel the realism. The point was exactly what you stated. It's was done and tried and in some ways succeeded. 

lol.. OK whu are you???  Lets see I'm going to try and dumb this down for you to understand. Why not try your excellent edjumatication skills you learned on how to type and proofread before you hand in your homework and type onto a properly indicated grammer base and you too might get praise. Hell, your school really deserve the praise now for the excellence they gave you.

Also your reading skills need to work. Please read this whole topic (All of them above) out loud 6 times and then it might come to you that you made my point. 

1.7.6.1 Kar was the last version you played with/on bud. Also your right, ideas were always out there. But no one did a proof of concept on a multiplayer scale except for SO. 

It's called "sarcastic paraphrasing", but you still get a cookie for the effort.

The loser demand credit for being the "first", the winner deserve credit for being the "best".

Argue, debate and discuss subjects. That's fine.

Dont get personal though, please.

L

• Like 1

1.7.6.1 Kar was the last version you played with/on bud. Also your right, ideas were always out there. But no one did a proof of concept on a multiplayer scale except for SO.

I just don't see why you demand credit if we're writing the code for ACE compatibility with DayZ. You can't just delete or hide our posts over here on the DayZ Forums falcon ;)

Edited by Kar

Kar..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xiB6F9c9CY

Tell me what menu system that on time 1:34 is for? A.C.E or Dayz? Like I stated. We proved that Dayz can work with ACE. You guys might improve it a little based upon our efforts, but we showed the community it is possible.

That's you saying "We figured out how to get ACE to work with DayZ and since you guys have figured it out, I want you to promote my community" just in different words. We're doing this from scratch.

OK. I see that this is going no where. Do or say whatever makes yourself feel better Kar. 

OK. I see that this is going no where. Do or say whatever makes yourself feel better Kar.

You think coming to the DayZ Forums trying to get a rise out of me would go somewhere?

ACE and ACEX don't have that many weapons that would fit DayZ besides the variations on existing weapons. They do have an SKS and SPAS-12, which would be fun :)

ACE only really modifies most of the pre-existing vehicles, or adds vehicles to factions that don't have ones. The few vehicles they have aren't for DayZ (The engineering vehicles, for instance)

I'm absolutely for more customization items. I'm not sure exactly how they'd put all of those to use, but they would be nice.

Claymores, landmines, and flash bangs would be cool as a rare item spawn, but phosphorous grenades, gas grenades and 'bouncing betties' don't really fit DayZ nor are common enough worldwide.

Changes to the flight mechanics, towing, sniping and modified range-finders are cool. The fast-roping seems unnecessary for DayZ.

There's no real point in having the pre-modified map, as the Devs can already add things like that if they wish to.

ACE is a very cool mod, but just implementing it would create plenty of bugs or 'broken' gameplay. The two have completely different medical systems which wouldn't be compatible. The changes to AI could possibly break or damage zombie behavior.  

It's certainly a cool idea, but a lot of things wouldn't work or be necessary.

-The weapons will be realistic to the spawn locations, and the higher grade weapons would be very tough to come by.

-Landmines and other ordinance are not necessarily un-realistic for the Chernarus map, bare in mind that the map is based off a war between Russia, another soviet style state, and the USMC. Also guerrilla forces were in the area, so mines and IED's could of been highly likely.

-Fast-roping is just an awesome feature, and even if it isn't really needed, you can't deny that it's cool.

We have completely removed the ACE medical system, and will only use the DayZ medical system. And ACE hardly effects AI, and it is all working fine from what he have tested, just a few minor bugs that occur in any new mod at first.

Hmm this seems familiar.... 

Well unfortunately, any idea for a new DayZ mod is no longer original.

We are going into closed testing in the next few days, and open testing some point soon. Also more features, which are being tested at the moment will be announced. But all I can say, there is a lot to look forward to.

-The weapons will be realistic to the spawn locations, and the higher grade weapons would be very tough to come by.

-Landmines and other ordinance are not necessarily un-realistic for the Chernarus map, bare in mind that the map is based off a war between Russia, another soviet style state, and the USMC. Also guerrilla forces were in the area, so mines and IED's could of been highly likely.

-Fast-roping is just an awesome feature, and even if it isn't really needed, you can't deny that it's cool.

We have completely removed the ACE medical system, and will only use the DayZ medical system. And ACE hardly effects AI, and it is all working fine from what he have tested, just a few minor bugs that occur in any new mod at first.

I've actually argued that Operation Harvest could have been a reason for the USMC equipment being in the area, but it's also possible that DayZ takes place before the war happened, or that the war didn't happen in the same universe as DayZ. 

IEDs are definitely a plus, I hadn't actually been well versed with ACE when I made my first post besides some small experience. Since then, I've looked through all of ACE's ordnance and a good bit of them would make great low spawn weapons.

In terms of weapons; the Tokarev TT33, Flare Gun, and SKS could be made into common weapons, and the SPAS-12, Sig P226, H&K USP, MP5A4, M60 and APS Stetchkin could be rare military weapons. Though, all of these guns are just reconfigured versions of Vilas' and RH weapons made for ACE.

I've actually argued that Operation Harvest could have been a reason for the USMC equipment being in the area, but it's also possible that DayZ takes place before the war happened, or that the war didn't happen in the same universe as DayZ. 

IEDs are definitely a plus, I hadn't actually been well versed with ACE when I made my first post besides some small experience. Since then, I've looked through all of ACE's ordnance and a good bit of them would make great low spawn weapons.

In terms of weapons; the Tokarev TT33, Flare Gun, and SKS could be made into common weapons, and the SPAS-12, Sig P226, H&K USP, MP5A4, M60 and APS Stetchkin could be rare military weapons. Though, all of these guns are just reconfigured versions of Vilas' and RH weapons made for ACE.

Do not quote me on this, but I believe we are using 2 or 3 of the RH weapon pack at the moment, but i'm not too sure.

i dont want any more weapons i want the interface and new objects of ace. Also the sound.

It would be awesome protect your barracks with a rare claymore or buried mine so only YOU would know where the mines are.....

or pop out a gás and put your gasmask to protect yourself making the bandit run out of building.

also i want ACRE so bandits or survivors can make radio outposts in certain channels, certain ranges and pass messages along.

THAT would add something, not weapons.....

Hello there

I just had it pointed out to me that A.C.E. licence points out that "You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work."

You, the mod maker HAVE to ensure you have the correct permission when you mod existing stuff. No matter how big or small.

The onus is on you, not us to do your research.

I think A.C.E. would have been fun in a DAYZ mod but its not going to happen.

Dont do it.

Rgds

LoK