c.pool

DayZ+ACE, Opinions?

Hey, 

I would love to see some of your guy's opinions on having DayZ and ACE combined into a mod. It has been done before, but it has proven buggy. We believe we can perfect this, as we have an extremely good team that could work on it, if it seemed to be a popular idea.

Some of the features it could include are: 

New weapons from ACE and ACEX

New vehicles from other mods that have been added

New items, such as cable ties, balaclava's, safety goggles, gas masks.

New Lethal grenades and traps such as Bouncing Betty's, land mines, phosphorous grenades, gas grenades (which you can be saved by with a gas mask), flash bangs, claymores and many more.

ACE features such as a new flight mechanic, fast roping out of choppers, towing, realistic sniping, and new range finders which require batteries.

Fully customized map, including FOB's and other aesthetics.

This is just a post to see whether this will pay off, and is not an advertisement. I would really love to see your opinions. And please share your ideas as well.

Thanks

Conor

• Like 2

DayZ + ACE is something I've seen lot of people say they'd like, but I don't know how popular it would be in reality. The principle is sound.

Note you would have to get permission from the team responsible for ACE. That might prove to be a problem.

• Like 2

DayZ + ACE is something I've seen lot of people say they'd like, but I don't know how popular it would be in reality. The principle is sound.

Note you would have to get permission from the team responsible for ACE. That might prove to be a problem.

They Actually allow full use of their mod, and any changes to their scripts, features etc. We believe that we can do this properly and can get a full team behind it.

They Actually allow full use of their mod, and any changes to their scripts, features etc. We believe that we can do this properly and can get a full team behind it.

In that case go for it.

I don't know how popular it would be in reality.

As popular as ACE itself maybe...i doubt a lot of people know what they are asking because ACE isn't a lone wolf game. Once you get shot and lie unconcious and you don't have a buddy to help you it's bye bye character. I played a couple of OPs in a community to know what i am talking about, i pulled players and got pulled out of the danger zone often enough, MEDEVAC was tough, underestimated and thought to be boring as hell which it wasn't. And i love it how so many people don't hit shit especially when players think they can snipe long distance just the same like in ArmA  :lol:

Edited by Enforcer

As popular as ACE itself maybe...i doubt a lot of people know what they are asking because ACE isn't a lone wolf game. Once you get shot and lie unconcious and you don't have a buddy to help you it's bye bye character. I played a couple of OPs in a community to know what i am talking about, i pulled players and got pulled out of the danger zone often enough, MEDEVAC was tough, underestimated and thought to be boring as hell which it wasn't. And i love it how so many people don't hit shit especially when players think they can snipe long distance just the same like in ArmA  :lol:

The ACE medical system will be removed, and it will use the normal DayZ medical system, to prevent bugs and other issues as you stated. I have had a lot of experience with ACE, like you, and know exactly where you are coming from, but we have looked into it.

I would play the shit out of this, DayZ is getting too easy-mode for me, if you can combine it with ACE that is my new favorite mod.

I would play the shit out of this, DayZ is getting too easy-mode for me, if you can combine it with ACE that is my new favorite mod.

Good to hear, we want to make it a hardcore style server, and make it a challenge to play.

• Like 2

I would like DayZ to develop it's own authentic set of survival equipment, weapons, gear, clothes etc... Not rip off of an existing mod. So with that said yes I would like something like ACE but not anything like it..... I want authenticity and realism, whatever that takes!

Good to hear, we want to make it a hardcore style server, and make it a challenge to play.

means that dayz+ ace is possible soon ? 

I would like DayZ to develop it's own authentic set of survival equipment, weapons, gear, clothes etc... Not rip off of an existing mod. So with that said yes I would like something like ACE but not anything like it..... I want authenticity and realism, whatever that takes!

This will be as realistic as the mod can get, and rip off is a bit harsh in my opinion, all credit has been given where credit is due, and we have the permission.

means that dayz+ ace is possible soon ? 

Yes, very soon if we can get enough support. The coding is complete and we are testing a very basic version as we speak, and all seems well.

This will be as realistic as the mod can get, and rip off is a bit harsh in my opinion, all credit has been given where credit is due, and we have the permission.

I'm sorry, I was talking about the SA implementing parts of ACE. By all means if you think you can merge the existing DayZ mod and the ACE mod go for it! I just won't be playing ( haven't played since last Novemver ( keeping the game as fresh as possible for SA release))

WAIT! I just did a parenthesesception!!

Ah I see, that makes more sense now. SA isn't using features directly from ACE, as it's on a different engine, but it is taking a few ideas from it.

Ah I see, that makes more sense now. SA isn't using features directly from ACE, as it's on a different engine, but it is taking a few ideas from it.

Same engine but i don't think the ACE team wants to give the DayZ team stuff they could possibly earn money with.

Same engine but i don't think the ACE team wants to give the DayZ team stuff they could possibly earn money with.

It's the take on helicopter engine.

You know Conor, I have no problem  with what you guys are trying to do. But at least give credit where credit is due here in this topic post or within your posts.. SurvivalOperations.net first came up with the idea and provided that mod that completely reintergrated Dayz to work with ACE.

Proof: Check out the link below in DDG's video... Tell me what website it states there. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xiB6F9c9CY

Sgt Mac of Survival Operations worked his ass off on the mod and kept it going up and until this April when we lost intrest from him due to personal reasons and everyone even you guys decided to complain about how the lack of player base was running on the mod. No one stepped up to try and take the reins and if so brought it to my attention nor offer your assistance as you are here on helping revamp the HardCorp to where you all wanted it.Yes I did add a few features that I thought would help spark the interest (SARG_AI), which proved to be a overwhelming no from the community for it to be added.So I took it out and nothing else came of it. Also, please make sure that you do include that your group you run with was included in the progression of Dayz 1.7.6.1 with ACE mod when it was in development. Now you have the gall to come here and state that is of new interest?

My point is while you state this is new feature of Dayz needs to be been tried..please include the survival operations DID get it running and not only on Chernarus but also Taviania. We are in the process of getting the Hard Corp up and going again with a new Mod designer who is coming up with some great ideas up to and including new style of barracks as well as features never before seen on Dayz. Also Sgt Mac is making a come back and also assisting where needed. We are hoping to get the community the client side files out soon. 

http://www.survivaloperations.net/topic/4968-hard-corps-a-breath-of-life/

Good luck in your endeavors, just remember who came up with this idea/proof of concept first.

Edited by Falcon911

What I'd love to have from ACE:

Wind - not so easy to hit from afar anymore

Sight adjustment - adds adjustment option for some more weapons

Fatigue - have fun running away from those zombies fully equipped

Masks, glasses etc. - better identification

Weapon Resting - ACE got bit higher recoil

Interaction - Needed for putting on masks etc. but can also get things out from the clunky action menu

New weapons and especially vehicles aren't needed because that's what DayZ isn't about. FOB bilding and other things go too far away and don't help the core experiment.

• Like 1

You know Conor, I have no problem  with what you guys are trying to do. But at least give credit where credit is due here in this topic post or within your posts.. SurvivalOperations.net first came up with the idea and provided that mod that completely reintergrated Dayz to work with ACE.

Proof: Check out the link below in DDG's video... Tell me what website it states there. 

Sgt Mac of Survival Operations worked his ass off on the mod and kept it going up and until this April when we lost intrest from him due to personal reasons and everyone even you guys decided to complain about how the lack of player base was running on the mod. No one stepped up to try and take the reins and if so brought it to my attention nor offer your assistance as you are here on helping revamp the HardCorp to where you all wanted it.Yes I did add a few features that I thought would help spark the interest (SARG_AI), which proved to be a overwhelming no from the community for it to be added.So I took it out and nothing else came of it. Also, please make sure that you do include that your group you run with was included in the progression of Dayz 1.7.6.1 with ACE mod when it was in development. Now you have the gall to come here and state that is of new interest?

My point is while you state this is new feature of Dayz needs to be been tried..please include the survival operations DID get it running and not only on Chernarus but also Taviania. We are in the process of getting the Hard Corp up and going again with a new Mod designer who is coming up with some great ideas up to and including new style of barracks as well as features never before seen on Dayz. Also Sgt Mac is making a come back and also assisting where needed. We are hoping to get the community the client side files out soon. 

Good luck in your endeavors, just remember who came up with this idea/proof of concept first.

I had never said it hadn't been done before, in fact I said it had been done before. Also, this runs a different name with different mods. Credit can be given for your idea of ACE and DayZ, but we are not Revamping Hardcorps, but completely redoing the concept. If you feel that we are copying Hardcorps, I am sorry, but all we want to really do is continue playing something that we love.

What I'd love to have from ACE:

Wind - not so easy to hit from afar anymore

Sight adjustment - adds adjustment option for some more weapons

Fatigue - have fun running away from those zombies fully equipped

Masks, glasses etc. - better identification

Weapon Resting - ACE got bit higher recoil

Interaction - Needed for putting on masks etc. but can also get things out from the clunky action menu

New weapons and especially vehicles aren't needed because that's what DayZ isn't about. FOB bilding and other things go too far away and don't help the core experiment.

All of this will be added, the fatigue is being worked on to prevent you passing out every minute and being attacked by the horde :P

I believe the only version of ACE + DayZ you guys had running was 1.7.2. Then you guys tried to update to the new DayZ code but failed. There has been tons of suggestions for ACE + DayZ before survival operations was up, and you cannot take credit for an idea of two mods you did not make.

New weapons from ACE and ACEX

New vehicles from other mods that have been added

New items, such as cable ties, balaclava's, safety goggles, gas masks.

New Lethal grenades and traps such as Bouncing Betty's, land mines, phosphorous grenades, gas grenades (which you can be saved by with a gas mask), flash bangs, claymores and many more.

ACE features such as a new flight mechanic, fast roping out of choppers, towing, realistic sniping, and new range finders which require batteries.

Fully customized map, including FOB's and other aesthetics.

ACE and ACEX don't have that many weapons that would fit DayZ besides the variations on existing weapons. They do have an SKS and SPAS-12, which would be fun :)

ACE only really modifies most of the pre-existing vehicles, or adds vehicles to factions that don't have ones. The few vehicles they have aren't for DayZ (The engineering vehicles, for instance)

I'm absolutely for more customization items. I'm not sure exactly how they'd put all of those to use, but they would be nice.

Claymores, landmines, and flash bangs would be cool as a rare item spawn, but phosphorous grenades, gas grenades and 'bouncing betties' don't really fit DayZ nor are common enough worldwide.

Changes to the flight mechanics, towing, sniping and modified range-finders are cool. The fast-roping seems unnecessary for DayZ.

There's no real point in having the pre-modified map, as the Devs can already add things like that if they wish to.

ACE is a very cool mod, but just implementing it would create plenty of bugs or 'broken' gameplay. The two have completely different medical systems which wouldn't be compatible. The changes to AI could possibly break or damage zombie behavior.  

It's certainly a cool idea, but a lot of things wouldn't work or be necessary.

As long as they, and their spawn rates are balanced, new weapons aren't a problem.
Edited by Chaingunfighter

Yeah because it's so bloody important to know "whu's done it first".

Being the first doesn't mean jack shit, only excellence deserve praise.

I had never said it hadn't been done before, in fact I said it had been done before. Also, this runs a different name with different mods. Credit can be given for your idea of ACE and DayZ, but we are not Revamping Hardcorps, but completely redoing the concept. If you feel that we are copying Hardcorps, I am sorry, but all we want to really do is continue playing something that we love.

All of this will be added, the fatigue is being worked on to prevent you passing out every minute and being attacked by the horde :P

Like I said I have no problem with what you're doing. Hell I encourage it. The more DAYZ mods that come out with ACE will only help and fuel the realism. The point was exactly what you stated. It's was done and tried and in some ways succeeded. 

"whu's done it first".

lol.. OK whu are you???  Lets see I'm going to try and dumb this down for you to understand. Why not try your excellent edjumatication skills you learned on how to type and proofread before you hand in your homework and type onto a properly indicated grammer base and you too might get praise. Hell, your school really deserve the praise now for the excellence they gave you.

Also your reading skills need to work. Please read this whole topic (All of them above) out loud 6 times and then it might come to you that you made my point. 

I believe the only version of ACE + DayZ you guys had running was 1.7.2. Then you guys tried to update to the new DayZ code but failed. There has been tons of suggestions for ACE + DayZ before survival operations was up, and you cannot take credit for an idea of two mods you did not make.

1.7.6.1 Kar was the last version you played with/on bud. Also your right, ideas were always out there. But no one did a proof of concept on a multiplayer scale except for SO. 

Edited by Falcon911