SmashT

DayZ Developer Blog 7th September 2013

Are we all playing GTA? Or nobody gives a damn?

edit:  or no more monthly milestones?

Edited by PXXL

is Dayz SA still in development even?? lol Rocket dropped his balls from twitter about half a month ago and since then I didn't hear a word about the game... <_<

is Dayz SA still in development even?? lol Rocket dropped his balls from twitter about half a month ago and since then I didn't hear a word about the game... <_<

I've been relying on QuizzicalPixel's DayZ Weekly for info

no more updates. i want the game damnit. The masses are becoming impatient, and i'm not sure how much longer I can passify them...

now where'd i put my pitchfork?

Edited by codestargod

no more updates. i want the game damnit. The masses are becoming impatient, and i'm not sure how much longer I can passify them...

now where'd i put my pitchfork?

With Dean's tweet acknowledging that there would be radio silence for the final lap and Brian Hicks' (producer) various mentions to this current sprint (which we know are monthly), it's not that difficult to deduce that we won't hear anything until the month is out. My guess then is a release.

Edited by CapricornOne

With Dean's tweet acknowledging that there would be radio silence for the final lap and Brian Hicks' (producer) various mentions to this current sprint (which we know are monthly), it's not that difficult to deduce that we won't hear anything until the month is out. My guess then is a release.

let's all pray! The release of the SA is like an unbelievable miracle...

You know what they are gonna say, right?  "It's done when it's done."  Lol.

Yea, I've been playing GTA here n there.  I like Multiplayer.

and I've been playing ArmA 3 on wasteland servers for the past month.... :P

have fun y'all:

Ivan Buchta answers some neat questions regarding map design and the Chernarussian map in general (Part I, Part II will follow in the upcoming days):

http://www.reddit.com/r/DayZBulletin/comments/1omw9j/as_promised_an_interview_with_ivan_buchta_and_his/

edited*

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

I think that Dean needs to consider another direction. This sort of thing is still good and realistic (I take my hat off to him for his genius), but it's a noob protecter. Instead, he should be incorporating elements that encourage paranoia so that said now-paranoid player hires (or enslaves!) guards to protect themselves, surrounding themselves with security just to keep their precious lives. Imagine being knocked out, waking up in the fortress of an overlord, being given a low-level gun and some supplies and told to stand guard. What if they try to run? Or fight back? Or even let a bandit in? :ph34r: These ideas are worth some note, so please Dean, just consider them. :rolleyes:  Oh, the stories they would create...

Thank goodness for people like Ivan and Hicks who do a DayZDaily once every week or so, but damn, put out a DevBlog or just tell us the game isn't ready/coming out this month, but radio silence stinks like zombie breath.

Edited by Shad0w_St3p

I think that Dean needs to consider another direction. This sort of thing is still good and realistic (I take my hat off to him for his genius), but it's a noob protecter. Instead, he should be incorporating elements that encourage paranoia so that said now-paranoid player hires (or enslaves!) guards to protect themselves, surrounding themselves with security just to keep their precious lives. Imagine being knocked out, waking up in the fortress of an overlord, being given a low-level gun and some supplies and told to stand guard. What if they try to run? Or fight back? Or even let a bandit in? :ph34r: These ideas are worth some note, so please Dean, just consider them. :rolleyes:  Oh, the stories they would create...

problem: why would you protect someone (act as a guard)? for the sake of creating a cool story?? how would you reward someone?

• Like 1

Thank goodness for people like Ivan and Hicks who do a DayZDaily once every week or so, but damn, put out a DevBlog or just tell us the game isn't ready/coming out this month, but radio silence stinks like zombie breath.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/149280-october-round-up-dayzdaily/

Q: Where is Rocket? 

I'm still here, things are very busy. Things are good. But I absolutely have to focus 100% on this. That means no family, no friends, no facebook, no twitter - no nothing.

This is probably the hardest thing I've ever done, because nearly everything else I've done nearly entirely myself. This is now a major team effort, but I hold the vision. That means I have to be about six places at once, and if I loose that focus for a moment that costs us. There's only one thing that matters to this big team now, and that's do the best we can to make a good game. That's really the only promise I can make, and the only one I should ever have made.

Try exploring the forums a little bit. They're buckling down so they can focus and work on the game, rather than pander to every single request for a new dev-blog. Would you rather have a youtube video which literally takes away several hours of time away from development (just so you can get a few minutes of eye candy), or would you rather have the game in your hands?

Patience, people.

• Like 2

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/149280-october-round-up-dayzdaily/

Q: Where is Rocket? 

I'm still here, things are very busy. Things are good. But I absolutely have to focus 100% on this. That means no family, no friends, no facebook, no twitter - no nothing.

This is probably the hardest thing I've ever done, because nearly everything else I've done nearly entirely myself. This is now a major team effort, but I hold the vision. That means I have to be about six places at once, and if I loose that focus for a moment that costs us. There's only one thing that matters to this big team now, and that's do the best we can to make a good game. That's really the only promise I can make, and the only one I should ever have made.

Try exploring the forums a little bit. They're buckling down so they can focus and work on the game, rather than pander to every single request for a new dev-blog. Would you rather have a youtube video which literally takes away several hours of time away from development (just so you can get a few minutes of eye candy), or would you rather have the game in your hands?

Patience, people.

Yea, I saw this post earlier this week

and to answer your question ...dev blog.  lol

• Like 2

You know what I would love to see in DayZ SA, the ability to place my back on a wall and able to peek out from the sides.

What about blindfire?!  :lol:

You know what I would love to see in DayZ SA, the ability to place my back on a wall and able to peek out from the sides.

No thanks.  That type of gimmicky cover system is what ruined the Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon lines of fps shooters.  Give me "lean left" and "lean right" any day.

No thanks.  That type of gimmicky cover system is what ruined the Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon lines of fps shooters.  Give me "lean left" and "lean right" any day.

I'd have to say one of the few games to pull off a cover system in an FPS environment well is Red Orchestra 2.

If it were that kind of cover system I wouldn't mind it in the slightest.  Still good old fashion leaning is preferable to everything else.

Yea, I like the leans, but I don't think that is AS realistic as hugging the wall.