Jex

POLL: Dayz SA 1st person only

Would you play dayz if 1st person ONLY  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play dayz SA if 1st person ONLY

I really dont understand why this "go play!" is such a big deal for you.

I believe that if people would be careful about what they say, the world would be a far better place with no war.

Then why Standalone should be 1st person only? If there is 1st person only servers in Standalone also just like in the mod? I think its best to have both 1st person and 3rd person views where we can choose. Everyone wins. Dont you agree?

Because people tend to take the most easiest path, the most secure. And that is without doubt third person. But, all the people realise that actually first person is much more immersive and enjoyable. Even me, I don't play on first person servers, because I know there are no good ones.

But as you see in the polls the people just want to get rid of the third person because they tend to go on it. It is like fast food, you know it is bad for you but it tastes good so you eat it. However a real meal made by yourself is much more delicious and satisfactory, plus it is way more healthy. But if you give the people fast food on the table, they won't bother to make their own food, why if they got fast food infront of them?

Do you get my point?

I believe that if people would be careful about what they say, the world would be a far better place with no war.

I think if people would not be ambitious and greedy there would be no war. However, in that case we would still live like apes. ;)

Edited by Wayze

I think if people would not be ambitious and greedy there would be no war. However, in that case we would still live like apes. ;)

If people would not have been like "Oh.. Dat insulted mah race! He said that! She did dat!!" there would have been no more than one nation/country on the world, due to which there would not be a need for being so much greedy over other "nations/countries" in the first place.(which is totally my opinion tho)

As to be On-Topic, about 4200 people voted so far;

87%-Yes

13%-No

Because people tend to take the most easiest path, the most secure. And that is without doubt third person. But, all the people realise that actually first person is much more immersive and enjoyable. Even me, I don't play on first person servers, because I know there are no good ones.

But as you see in the polls the people just want to get rid of the third person because they tend to go on it. It is like fast food, you know it is bad for you but it tastes good so you eat it. However a real meal made by yourself is much more delicious and satisfactory, plus it is way more healthy. But if you give the people fast food on the table, they won't bother to make their own food, why if they got fast food infront of them?

Do you get my point?

I get your point. And its fair argument but not the same thing. I eat fast food time to time because i dont have time to cook or im too lazy to cook. In the 1st person vs 3rd person debate this is not the case.

And if all the people realize that actually first person is much more immersive and enjoyable why they dont play in 1st person servers? I would easily play in the server where game is more enjoyable, honestly! To me its much more enjoyable when i can switch between 1st person and 3rd person view.

Im 100% sure, if all of you who wants to play 1st person servers would combine your efforts and find a good 1st person server/s you could play the more enjoyable way this game. And if there is no good 1st person servers you all should host one together and divide the expanses. You should not try to force ALL players to 1st person only, not all players want that. Do you get my point? Do you agree at all?

If people would not have been like "Oh.. Dat insulted mah race! He said that! She did dat!!" there would have been no more than one nation/country on the world, due to which there would not be a need for being so much greedy over other "nations/countries" in the first place.(which is totally my opinion tho).

Now wait a minute. You just rambled several post about me saying "go play!" and how that is wrong and now you say this? LOL!

Edited by aeinola

I get your point. And its fair argument but not the same thing. I eat fast food time to time because i dont have time to cook or im too lazy to cook. In the 1st person vs 3rd person debate this is not the case.

And if all the people realize that actually first person is much more immersive and enjoyable why they dont play in 1st person servers? I would easily play in the server where game is more enjoyable, honestly! To me its much more enjoyable when i can switch between 1st person and 3rd person view.

Im 100% sure, if all of you who wants to play 1st person servers would combine your efforts and find a good 1st person server/s you could play the more enjoyable way this game. And if there is no good 1st person servers you all should host one together and divide the expanses. You should not try to force ALL players to 1st person only, not all players want that. Do you get my point? Do you agree at all?

Sorry, I tried to explain it to you. Maybe some other of the 2000 people will explain it to you, I have no time for this. ^^

• Like 1

Do you get my point?

Wait, did you just claim that the playerbase of DayZ is lazy? Are you suggesting they sit behind their monitors playing Third person and crying to themselves that they want to play on a first person server because they are not enjoying it when all the while they could just log onto one?

Perhaps the majority of people interested in answering polls on the forum prefer playing first person. Perhaps in reality some people just want to play the game and don't care which view they use.

Don't you think then that if the majority of the player base wants to take the 'easy path' then they should be able too? Do you really think they need your guidance in what is best for them.. thats a bit.. 'dictatory'.

Edited by Jamz
  • Like 1

Now wait a minute. You just rambled several post about me saying "go play!" and how that is wrong and now you say this? LOL!

Sorry? I missed the point you made, I guess.

Wait, did you just claim that the playerbase of DayZ is lazy? Are you suggesting they sit behind their monitors playing Third person and crying to themselves that they want to play on a first person server because they are not enjoying it when all the while they could just log onto one?

Perhaps the majority of people interested in answering polls on the forum prefer playing first person. perhaps in reality some people just want to play the game and don't care which view they use.

Don't you think then that if the majority of the player base wants to take the 'easy path' then they should be able too? Do you really think they need your guidance in what is best for them.. thats a bit.. 'dictatory'.

Thanks for this. I started to think im alone against all these "1st person"-preachers.

Sorry? I missed the point you made, I guess.

Here is your posts:

"You told someone other than your existence/relation to do something, which is ordering. You can order people as much as you would be pleased, however, that does not change the fact that you are not allowed to order other people if you do not have the authority for it."

"What you don't seem to understand is that even though your intention would have been meant to be ordering (in which case I'd not even bother to warn you anyway) "go play!" is an order rather than an advice considering him already being aware of those servers and possibly playing in them.

It is "literally" an order. You may underestimate that statement (which does not still change the fact that what you wrote was a clear order) but that saying of yours would do nothing but anger him up and a possible flame war would occur."

"I believe that if people would be careful about what they say, the world would be a far better place with no war."

"If people would not have been like "Oh.. Dat insulted mah race! He said that! She did dat!!" there would have been no more than one nation/country on the world, due to which there would not be a need for being so much greedy over other "nations/countries" in the first place.(which is totally my opinion tho)"

Dont you see the conflicts in your statements?
Edited by aeinola

Perhaps not lazy no, but I definitely think that many players dislike being outside of their comfort zone. I get this sometimes to after a particurarly suspenseful encounter, where I just want to log out and stare at kittens for a while. Maybe it's just that some us accept that DayZ isn't supposed to be "enjoyed" the same way as other games while others label it as a video game and want it to work like every other game? I don't know, pure speculation.

This combined with the fact that servers by default have TPV on and not the other way around explains why so many players still populate TPV servers, methinks.

(Also, the custom servers with "epic loadouts" and lots of weapons and vehicles kinda suggest that the average player is, in fact, lazy. :) )

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 3

Thanks for this. I started to think im alone against all these "1st person"-preachers.

I just refuse to believe that the majority of DayZ players are mindless drones who can't help themselves playing the game in a way they don't want to. However I do think some people are drawn to TPV servers to give themselves a level playing field because of the TPV exploit which is why the view should be modified.

Nope. Not at all.

Could you please explain the difference then? First you act like "You cant say that to other person!" and then you say ""If people would not have been like "Oh.. Dat insulted mah race! He said that! She did dat!!" there would have been no more than one nation/country on the world.". Didn't you just do that?

I just refuse to believe that the majority of DayZ players are mindless drones who can't help themselves playing the game in a way they don't want to. However I do think some people are drawn to TPV servers to give themselves a level playing field because of the TPV exploit which is why the view should be modified.

Its really hard to modify in the way you cant exploit it unrealistically. I think the key is to modify 1st person view to get more players there, i would go with 1st person if they modify it to be more realistic.

• Like 1

Could you please explain the difference then? First you act like "You cant say that to other person!" and then you say ""If people would not have been like "Oh.. Dat insulted mah race! He said that! She did dat!!" there would have been no more than one nation/country on the world.". Didn't you just do that?

Derp. I don't think that I said so. I would not like to make such a sentence with such a grammar as well.

What I said was about ordering people. Saying something to someone is of course legal as its rights are protected by the freedom of speech.

And I do not think I ordered anyone by that saying, but just exposed my thoughts as mentioned in the quoted text of mine that you used.

As to be On-Topic, 4300 ppl voted;

87%-Yes

13%-No

Edited by SoulHunter

Perhaps not lazy no, but I definitely think that many players dislike being outside of their comfort zone. I get this sometimes to after a particurarly suspenseful encounter, where I just want to log out and stare at kittens for a while. Maybe it's just that some us accept that DayZ isn't supposed to be "enjoyed" the same way as other games while others label it as a video game and want it to work like every other game? I don't know, pure speculation.

This combined with the fact that servers by default have TPV on and not the other way around explains why so many players still populate TPV servers, methinks.

(Also, the custom servers with "epic loadouts" and lots of weapons and vehicles kinda suggest that the average player is, in fact, lazy. :) )

I agree about custom loadouts, as well as added loot/vehicles/buildings (that last one is just wierd) and I would be in favour of setting the default view to FPV assuming TPV was fixed as people feel so strongly about it.

I think particularly intense player encounters have that effect on people regardless of view though. I had to log off once after killing some innocent guy who held fire on me as I just got the hero skin because I felt so bad, that was in TPV. Events when the adrenaline is flowing and you don't quite make it.. you have to sit back hands shaking. That's a unique thing to DayZ's core gameplay, emotional investment at least for me is regardless of which view I'm using at the time, its to do with the world itself.

Fair enough SoulHunter. And dont mock my grammar, english is clearly not my native language.

After Wazes comments i would change the poll question to: "Would you prefer 1st person only in Standalone".

With this question all players who wants 1st person only servers would answer yes (even those who are tempted to play 3rd person servers but prefer 1st person). And all the players who WANT to play with 3rd person would answer no.

For now this poll makes no sense because all the players who WANT to play with 3rd person have no choice than play with 1st person or dont play at all. Thats a lose-lose situation for them and they choose lesser bad option.

Fair enough SoulHunter. And dont mock my grammar, english is clearly not my native language.

After Wazes comments i would change the poll question to: "Would you prefer 1st person only in Standalone".

With this question all players who wants 1st person only servers would answer yes (even those who are tempted to play 3rd person servers but prefer 1st person). And all the players who WANT to play with 3rd person would answer no.

For now this poll makes no sense because all the players who WANT to play with 3rd person have no choice than play with 1st person or dont play at all. Thats a lose-lose situation for them and they choose lesser bad option.

But there are already polls you asked for. There are two existing. One of which is on the forums, the other one was meant to be on the reddit (made by me again);

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pZqrOkddl42aICeOf7EBAGqAwEHgLwbiYJlIJj2Sil4/viewanalytics

Thats great! Only one thing. only 600+ answers? Thats like under a 1% of DayZ players! :D

I've made an analyze of the poll before. I'll try to find that.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/145895-first-vs-third-person-discussion-dslyecxi-video/page-40#entry1450578

Could not be sure about it. Because I stated 4 base-points (said 3, cus I dont have exact numbers for when there were 40-50 votes) that can be considered just fine.

1:"40-50 votes, 66% FPV, 4%TPV, 30% FPV & TPV"

2:"150 votes, 66% FPV, 4%TPV, 30% FPV & TPV"

3:"370 votes, 66% FPV, 4%TPV, 30% FPV & TPV"

4:"581 votes 66% FPV, 4%TPV, 30% FPV & TPV"

I sometimes saw 3% for TPV and 31% for FPV & TPV. Whoever following the results can provide my correctness. The results have been public since there were about 150 votes.

I might have over-reacted due to knowing how properly this poll went on (must have been so for such results to be able to appear in the first place, as elaborated deeply before) and how many people participated in the research (calling a poll not legit when there are about 600 votes and where you are the one hosting that community activity, is not a nice thing to see tbh) and seeing someone calling the research unlegit.

I assure you that this kind of a result for any poll cannot be seen very easily.. Just saying.

Edited by SoulHunter

I would play SA if it was 1st person only, but the 1st person mode available now is quite mediocre. The head-bobbing and low fov are my two main gripes. And no, even if you completely disable head-bobbing in the menu you WILL still get some head motion (especially when doing an action).

I didn't vote in the poll because it seems like its trying to get support for a 1st person mode. Maybe it was the phrasing of the question...

Nope.

No, I don't think so and many other people (2504 to be exact) have the same opinion. I don't think they need my guidance. You are takting about dictatory, but we have polls. This is actually democracy, everyone who does not bother to vote does not give a f*ck about it. So what? Now, how does it work in democracy? The people who vote, vote. That's it. The results are then used to do whatever the majority which voted wants.

So get the hell out with your "majority" of players, because the majority of the voters, and that is what counts (this is the case in democracy, too), does not want third person.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 1

I would play SA if it was 1st person only, but the 1st person mode available now is quite mediocre. The head-bobbing and low fov are my two main gripes. And no, even if you completely disable head-bobbing in the menu you WILL still get some head motion (especially when doing an action).

I didn't vote in the poll because it seems like its trying to get support for a 1st person mode. Maybe it was the phrasing of the question...

Would you then love more if ArmA 3-ish FPV wud be implemented? Most aspects of FPV being weird in ArmA 2 have been ultimately improved there.

The question is the exact one as in the forums. Just because some people love to compare stuffs with here and others cus forums would not represent the community (mah ass)