Jex

POLL: Dayz SA 1st person only

Would you play dayz if 1st person ONLY  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play dayz SA if 1st person ONLY

This poll is so stupid. It could say: "Would you play dayz if they remove one thing you like from the game?". Most of us would play it anyway.

Well. We could try out a poll that asked the same question but change "FPV only" to "TPV only". I personally doubt the results would be the same but if they are (~60% yes, ~30% "yes", ~10% no) that would prove your point to be true.

Well. We could try out a poll that asked the same question but change "FPV only" to "TPV only". I personally doubt the results would be the same but if they are (~60% yes, ~30% "yes", ~10% no) that would prove your point to be true.

Not the same thing playing ONLY 3rd person than switching between 1st and 3rd person while playing.

Not the same thing playing ONLY 3rd person than switching between 1st and 3rd person while playing.

But that's not what the poll is about now, is it? :)

EDIT: Sorry, I'll explain. If third person becomes the "default" way to play DayZ; that would be like removing "the part of the game I like" for me, and I would vote no.

Edited by Terrorviktor

OMFG! Do something about it! You got the community here! Rent your own servers and make it 1st person only and stop crying here. How incapable people can be. Jesus...

Well, we will tell you the same if there will be first person only ;)

Well, we will tell you the same if there will be first person only ;)

Wayze, please use your head. For now you can choose to setup your server with 3rd person on/off, this will not remove 1st person, its always there. Now if Standalone is released without 3rd person how will i create servers with 3rd person on? For the current info there will be 3rd person in Standalone and it WONT disable the 1st person.

Wayze, please use your head. For now you can choose to setup your server with 3rd person on/off, this will not remove 1st person, its always there. Now if Standalone is released without 3rd person how will i create servers with 3rd person on? For the current info there will be 3rd person in Standalone and it WONT disable the 1st person.

I don't think you really need to insult him to make him understand your view.

Seriously how many polls will Dslyecsi's video spwn?

Poll #1 Started by (TMW) Marion Mic

Poll: First Vs. Third Person Poll (Reply here after reading Dslyecxi video discussion) (136 member(s) have cast votes)
First Person View VS. Third Person View
  1. (1st) First Person View (99 votes [72.79%])

2. (3rd) Third Person View (37 votes [27.21%])

Poll #2 Started by WayzeAug 28 2013 04:55 PM

Poll: Do you play on servers with TPV or FPV? (57 member(s) have cast votes)
Do you play on servers with TPV or FPV?
  1. Yes, I play mainly on third person servers, but actually I would like to play on first person servers. (28 votes [49.12%])

2. bullet_star_rated.png Yes, I play mainly on third person servers. (16 votes [28.07%])

3. No, I play mainly on first person servers. (13 votes [22.81%])

This is poll is #3

How about someone launch DayZ Commander and tell us, how many players and servers voted by actually playing on a first person server or by hosting a first person server.

All these polls always amount to the exact same, a few hundred people clearly demonstrate that they can vote one way on the forums, but apparently play another way, when they launch the mod. So there's a whole lot of talking, but when it comes down to it, most of you guys voting, while when voting with your actions, all choose third person servers.

Food for thought.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Knew you would say that. How you would able to create your own server? Well, develope your own game.

You see now how ridicilous that was?

Edited by Wayze

Knew you would say that. How you would able to create your own server? Well, develope your own game.

You see now how ridicilous that was?

If you make an argument you should be able to explain and stand behind it. If you cant you should be insulted. How in the world these two are the same thing? Well, you cant fix stupid.

If you make an argument you should be able to explain and stand behind it. If you cant you should be insulted. How in the world these two are the same thing? Well, you cant fix stupid.

Someone gets aggressive. Well, sometimes you don't have to stand behind your argument. It is always the case when you know you could write anything, but the opponent would not give a f*ck about it.

You know, there are many people putting money into servers, even first person servers. But who is playing them? Nobody.

People want first person only though, there is no reason to discuss why or how. They just want it, no f*ck is given about your weird theories about third person being subjective. It is a simple fact, you can't do anything about it.

Someone gets aggressive. Well, sometimes you don't have to stand behind your argument. It is always the case when you know you could write anything, but the opponent would not give a f*ck about it.

You know, there are many people putting money into servers, even first person servers. But who is playing them? Nobody.

People want first person only though, there is no reason to discuss why or how. They just want it, no f*ck is given about your weird theories about third person being subjective. It is a simple fact, you can't do anything about it.

This post makes no sense. You say people want first person only servers. There is first person only servers and there is no players? WTF? Seriously? I cant understand what are you all crying about? Go populate the first person only servers and enjoy the game together. Dont try to force everyone to play first person only. 3rd person should be in the mod and should be in standalone. Its an option for servers/players, and a good one.

This post makes no sense. You say people want first person only servers. There is first person only servers and there is no players? WTF? Seriously? I cant understand what are you all crying about? Go populate the first person only servers and enjoy the game together. Dont try to force everyone to play first person only. 3rd person should be in the mod and should be in standalone. Its an option for servers/players, and a good one.

Third person makes the game too easy for most people to ignore the option.

It's like (I mean, literally the same as) saying "You can either play this game with these wallhacks or without them... the wallhack will never get you banned either". How many people would say no to that? If you think you would say no, I hope you don't use third person.

• Like 2

But.. TPV only gives an advantage over FPV for pvp. Surely if people all want to play first person then when they log into a first person only server it is no easier or harder as everyone is using the same view? It's illogical to think that people want to play first person only but all choose to play third person instead, if everyone uses third person and no one has an advantage... Crazy.

The only advantage is between the two different views. If people don't want the feeling playing in FPV brings then they play in third person on those servers. If you're insinuating that the survival part of the game is any easier in TPV then that is just inaccurate.

It's becoming more obvious with every post on this thread that there should be server specific locked views and servers available for both.

Edited by Jamz

Now here you are wrong. I never said people want first person server, I said people don't want third person because with it the first person servers are simply empty.

• Like 1

It's like (I mean, literally the same as) saying "You can either play this game with these wallhacks or without them... the wallhack will never get you banned either". How many people would say no to that? If you think you would say no, I hope you don't use third person.

Literally same? Literally!? Not the same thing.at all. Even tho its a good argument. I understand your point, with 3rd person you can exploit the view to unrealistic way and wallhacks are also unrealistic. But still, its not the same thing. I use 3rd person, i prefer 3rd person, i would like to play 1st person only if they fix it.

And i think there is enough players here that want only first person servers, why wont you all go play in the same servers? You got the community here. Just contact each other and go to same server. What is the problem here? I REALLY cant understand why you first need to force all players to 1st person then you can go play...

Now here you are wrong. I never said people want first person server, I said people don't want third person because with it the first person servers are simply empty.

Same thing here, why are they empty? When reading these posts and all your polls and sh*t it seems there is enough players who will play the first person only servers. Where are all these players? You got the servers! You got what you want, go play!

Same thing here, why are they empty? When reading these posts and all your polls and sh*t it seems there is enough players who will play the first person only servers. Where are all these players? You got the servers! You got what you want, go play!

You are ordering another human-being other than you. You have "literally" no right to do that. Just a friendly advice, don't do that.

You are ordering another human-being other than you. You have "literally" no right to do that. Just a friendly advice, don't do that.

mmm.. what?

mmm.. what?

Ah.. It's been a long day, aint it? Let me elaborate;

You told someone other than your existence/relation to do something, which is ordering. You can order people as much as you would be pleased, however, that does not change the fact that you are not allowed to order other people if you do not have the authority for it.

I do not recall him being a soldier/slave and you being a general/master/God. Regarding which, your attempt of ordering him is totally invalid and illegal.

Edited by SoulHunter

SoulHunter, please. I understand that kind of rules must exist. If you read my post you see that im not "ordering", im just saying there is servers where you can play. If this is too much for you and you cant sleep tonight i can change my statement from "go play!" to "you can play there" or something... oh the humanity...

Well, I think most of us don't play because the game is a deathmatch anyway. We just wait for the standalone.

...i can change my statement from "go play!" to "you can play there" or something...

What you don't seem to understand is that even though your intention would have been meant to be ordering (in which case I'd not even bother to warn you anyway) "go play!" is an order rather than an advice considering him already being aware of those servers and possibly playing in them.

It is "literally" an order. You may underestimate that statement (which does not still change the fact that what you wrote was a clear order) but that saying of yours would do nothing but anger him up and a possible flame war would occur. That's why I said "as a friendly advice", knowing that flame wars start from such low used underestimated statements.

Which means, if your will was only a naive advice (which I wanted to believe) you should of done that change while typing.

No bad feeling.

Regards

Edited by SoulHunter

Well, I think most of us don't play because the game is a deathmatch anyway. We just wait for the standalone.

Then why Standalone should be 1st person only? If there is 1st person only servers in Standalone also just like in the mod? I think its best to have both 1st person and 3rd person views where we can choose. Everyone wins. Dont you agree?

What you don't seem to understand is that even though your intention would have been meant to be ordering (in which case I'd not even bother to warn you anyway) "go play!" is an order rather than an advice considering him already being aware of those servers and possibly playing in them.

It is "literally" an order. You may underestimate that statement (which does not still change the fact that what you wrote was a clear order) but that saying of yours would do nothing but anger him up and a possible flame war would occur. That's why I said "as a friendly advice", knowing that flame wars start from such low used underestimated statements.

Which means, if your will was only a naive advice (which I wanted to believe) you should of done that change while typing.

No bad feeling.

He just said that he is not playing in the first person servers. He wants to wait the standalone. I really dont understand why this "go play!" is such a big deal for you.

If Wayze is offended by that i apologize.