Wayze

Do you play on first or third person servers?

Do you play on servers with TPV or FPV?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play on servers with TPV or FPV?

• Yes, I play mainly on third person servers, but actually I would like to play on first person servers.
    • Yes, I play mainly on third person servers.
    • No, I play mainly on first person servers.

I would love to play on 3rd person server but third person server are too over-crowded all the time. Just way too many player which makes surviving really difficult. So I play on 1st person server instead. No other player disturbs my save and easy going, absolutely no PvP, just relaxing and nice! And the best is: All the loot is mine!

Edited by Ken Bean

Not noob. Just lame. ^^

At least if you cling to it like little girl to her teddybear.

hahah, professional 'net forum poster here..^^^

the old, if i dont like your post i'll just insult you and feel like a hero in my mind thing...

• Like 1

But what I said was a fact, not a statement/argument/opinion (said this 2nd time now.. Will I have to say again?)

You ignoring the fact that there are many servers enough populated to play without making research is the fact making you ignorance.

I, however, even though did not need to prove this fact, I actually did by helping you to make the research you should of done instead of me.

I proved it. Because I know what I think I know. It is a literal fact. Therefore, your statement of me being an hypocrite is totally invalid.

By proving the fact, I've actually made a research about FPV only servers, therefore not off-topic at all. Yes, as you said, you are just being off-topic, and I respect you for thinking that aspect.

As said before, you have literally "no right" to be able to talk like that. And you are talking for everyone on the world now. That's, good sir, being ignorance. Ask yo grandmama and she shall explain to you how a normal human-being should be behaving like.

Btw, as me having proved that there are more than 0 FPV only server "more than" enough populated to play, I've also literally proved that you have been being ignorance (and also that you did reply without reading the post yet again). You did literally no research at all.. I don't understand why people like you like bringing stuff from their asses.

Read before posting. Thats the golden rule of any forums. Read my post, and you'll understand that you were being just ultimately ignorance.

Thanks

You done? Because I stopped caring a few days ago. Go outside, get some fresh air. Enjoy your life instead of getting angry at a guy who's probably half way accross the world.

I apologise to you, now apoligise to me, and we can end this bullshit. Be mature and do the right thing for once.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 1

..I apologise to you, now apoligise to me, and we can end this bullshit. Be mature and do the right thing for once.

You are still doing the same mistakes. You clearly ordered me as insulting me, disrespecting me and now you are doing all of what you did again.

If that is being mature, I prefer staying immature.

It is a fact that I showed off clear proofs of there being FPV only servers that are more than enough populated (proving that you either lied, trolled or made up sth from thin air without making any research and claim that "you know that" therefore my statement of "I know" was meant to be hypocritical even though "I actually made research to be able to know what I claimed to know".)

...Be mature and do the right thing for once.

Who is the one being a hypocrite now? You are the one having been talking rude, insulting, trying to claim something non-real without making proper research, disrespecting my rights and now you are still doing the same things.

I did not do any of those stated up^ there. You are the one who acts immature. I was not acting like that. And you are telling me to act mature "for once" even though that should apply to yourself only. You are therefore a total hypocrite. That's now a literal fact.

1.A statement of regret for having caused the inconvenience, hurt or damage. This includes an expression of empathy toward the other person, including an acknowledgement of the inconvenience, hurt, or damage that you caused the other person. Having empathy for the person you hurt or angered is the most important part of your apology. When you truly have empathy the other person will feel it. Your apology will wash over him or her like a healing balm. On the other hand, if you don't have empathy your apology will sound and feel empty.

2.An acceptance of responsibility for your actions. This means not blaming anyone else for what you did and not making excuses for your actions but instead accepting full responsibility for what you did and for the consequences of your actions.

Here is what will happen. Your apologize, due to the way you tried to seem sorry, is not legit in literal. You kept doing what I told you hurt me;

3.A statement of your willingness to take some action to remedy the situation--either by promising to not repeat your action, a promise to work toward not making the same mistake again, a statement as to how you are going to remedy the situation (go to therapy) or by making restitution for the damages you caused. Apologizing to your spouse for having an affair is insulting unless you offer reassurances: It will never happen again because we will seek therapy, because I've quit my job, because I'll take you on my business trips.

Regarding which, if you would insist keeping doing any of those actions more (insulting, being rude, acting hypocritical, ignoring my human rights, etc) I'll go ahead and report you for those actions that you thought are fine to take.

I'll try and just ignore you for the sake of the forums and end this convo right away. If you would anyway insist on going on, I'd again report you.

If you want to take this issue up to a level of being able to be "discussed" maturely, you are welcomed in my message-box.

That's all I'll be saying on the case.

Regards

Has that been confirmed? I haven't seen this stated officially yet.

Why wouldn't it be possible in the standalone? It's possible in Arma 2. It was possible in Arma 1. It is possible in Arma 3. Obviously rocket can see that some people do like forced FPV servers so the developers literally have zero motivation to remove that as a server option.

It doesn't make sense to assume that 3rd person view will be mandatory in the standalone. Servers still have control over certain options.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

DayZ standalone isn't Arma.

I'm not saying it makes sense to assume anything, I'm just being skeptical until it has been confirmed officially.

Why wouldn't it be possible in the standalone? It's possible in Arma 2. It was possible in Arma 1. It is possible in Arma 3. Obviously rocket can see that some people do like forced FPV servers so the developers literally have zero motivation to remove that as a server option.

It doesn't make sense to assume that 3rd person view will be mandatory in the standalone. Servers still have control over certain options.

Yes, but obviously if you give them the option the same happens as in standalone. My dear, there are more than f*cking 2000 people who want first person only. Do you see somewhere 2000 people who play on first person server? It is not the case. Why that is we only can assume but the fact is that actually almost 60% of the players don't want any third person in the game. This is no "only hardcore players" poll anymore, this is huge. These are the people who will give feedback for the standalone. These are the people who actually build the community. These are the people who deserve to be heard out.

Edited by Wayze

I think it's funny that people who are proponents of removing 3rd, don't usually play on 1st person servers. If you don't like other people using it, why not play a 1st only server? Just sayin :P

• Like 1

Yes, but obviously if you give them the option the same happens as in standalone. My dear, there are more than f*cking 2000 people who want first person only. Do you see somewhere 2000 people who play on first person server? It is not the case. Why that is we only can assume but the fact is that actually almost 60% of the players don't want any third person in the game. This is no "only hardcore players" poll anymore, this is huge. These are the people who will give feedback for the standalone. These are the people who actually build the community. These are the people who deserve to be heard out.

What "2000" people? Name them? If they want first person so badly, why don't they play first person servers? They exist. I've seen many first person only servers, but they're all empty. It just doesn't add up. If 60% of all the people playing DayZ wanted first person only, then wouldn't 60% of the servers BE first person only? Your argument makes no sense, as it's based in zero fact and mostly just hearsay and internet polls from places like Reddit. The problem is that your sources are naturally biased. The people who are more likely to vote, or voice their opinion, are the ones with something to be mad about. Do you have any idea how much stink would be raised if this game had 100% forced FPV? The riot would be ten times any metric you can present for your case. How do I know this? Because again, even people like myself who enjoy playing in 1st person, still use 3rd person in certain situations.

The fact of the matter is that this whole viewpoint thing is getting sliced up into a completely bipartisan debate, like there's absolutely NO OTHER SOLUTION or compromise the developers can make to provide more balanced gameplay. If you think about it, isn't that the whole point of this ridiculous argument anyway?

You want FPV because you think it's "lame," "for noobs," or somehow exploitative to the nature of DayZ. I would agree with the latter conclusion, anyway. Currently, it is highly overpowered. Status effects don't affect 3rd person camera. You can rotate your head almost indefinitely in third person which makes all sorts of wall peaking completely natural and easy. Not to mention the camera is practically two feet above your head, so you've got Tim Duncan vision despite the fact that your are prone. All of these things are what make the 3rd person camera such a lethal instrument.

But to say that it should be removed entirely and everyone should be stuck with a jiggly, sometimes awkward, first person view all the time is completely draconian. Let's not forget that if you want to look over a short wall, you'd have to stand up completely. Maybe if they implemented the stance system from Arma 3, then I'd be okay with it. But the fact still remains that it is a game, and it can only simulate TWO of your five human senses (and only 3 of your thousands of possible stances and body positions), meaning that first person view is actually very limited in terms of simulation value.

All I'm saying is that there can be a compromise. Third person can be repaired to a point where it is less exploitable, making first person play a feasible option on a 3rd person server, for example. And it is a pre-alpha, for goodness sake. As in, subject to change even after initial release which will still be an ALPHA. So let's all just calm the fuck down.

• Like 2

It seems there is lots of people who wants to play 1st person only but they can not find good and populated servers. Well there is this awesome mod called DayZero and there is 1st person only servers that are full all the time. At the moment european servers are populated well and when the other half of the world wakes up the US and AU servers will be populated as well.

Day_Zero.png

What "2000" people? Name them? If they want first person so badly, why don't they play first person servers?

Its now 2600 people;

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5220c5f8e4b09938befb2ec1

If they want first person so badly, why don't they play first person servers?

A poll (*coughs* this poll *coughs*) showed that 50% of the community members play in 3rd person servers but willing to play in 1st person servers. Why do you just talk without doing anything helpful/legit? It helps neither the subject/discussion nor other people to take you seriously. God did not give you that mouth just to bug people with nonsense.

There are many reason for that (dunno for all of them, even tho I am also one of those who plays in TPV servers but willing to play in FPV servers.) One of them being official servers (and many other communities) not supporting FPV.

So let's all just calm the fuck down.

You, sir, are da focking one who needs to calm da fock down.

Edited by SoulHunter

I really enjoy this poll, 4.5 thousand people with a majority that want to see it gone and a super majority that do not care if its gone or do want it gone. What reasonable person would respond to that with "well, it should stay!"?

Edited by Dsi1

There's no option for: "I don't really care either way. And I think folks who keep asking the same questions over and over and over REALLY need to find something better to do with their time."

The polls are also flawed. At least their results are not going to be accurate for the entire community.

Those who WANT 3dp removed are the people rabbiting on about it and creating polls, thus the majority of respondents.

Anyone who doesn't care or likes the way things are, for the most part, has not taken part in your polls. Case in point- I didn't even know most of these polls existed.

To get an accurate response, the best way (if devs care what you think about the subject) would be an in-game questionnaire.

Until then, it just looks like a group of people creating "evidence" to back their own views. And I say that honestly and without bias.

• Like 4

SoulHunter, with that poll result in mind if SA would be released 1st person only it would lose 13% of its current players and disappoint 29% of its current players.

And if its released with both views im sure all of the 1st person players would play anyway (because there will be 1st person only servers) and all other would be happy as well. So no loss of players and less disappointed players. Hmm... which one is the right way to go? This is tricky... ;)

There's no option for: "I don't really care either way. And I think folks who keep asking the same questions over and over and over REALLY need to find something better to do with their time."

The polls are also flawed. At least their results are not going to be accurate for the entire community.

Those who WANT 3dp removed are the people rabbiting on about it and creating polls, thus the majority of respondents.

Anyone who doesn't care or likes the way things are, for the most part, has not taken part in your polls. Case in point- I didn't even know most of these polls existed.

To get an accurate response, the best way (if devs care what you think about the subject) would be an in-game questionnaire.

Until then, it just looks like a group of people creating "evidence" to back their own views. And I say that honestly and without bias.

Best post in this topic. The truth is out there! Lots of beans for you.

I think it's funny that people who are proponents of removing 3rd, don't usually play on 1st person servers. If you don't like other people using it, why not play a 1st only server? Just sayin :P

Because nobody likes playing DayZ alone. We go where the people are.

Polls don't accurately represent the whole player base. I don't remember seeing anyone say they did. What they do is give you an idea of what those most interested in DayZ development think. Which is why Rocket has used them in the past to get an idea of how his players will respond to changes. In fact, he normally only left his polls up for a matter of hours. My guess is he didn't want a whole bunch of people telling their friends to go vote for their preferred choice. Who knows.

Point is, this game isn't being made for the masses, it's being made for Rocket and those that share his vision of a good game. You can dismiss the poll all you want. It doesn't change the fact that the people most interested in this games development feel that way about third person view.

If the poll went the other way you know the 3rd person fans would be throwing it our faces non-stop. Just because you dislike the results, don't ignore what you're seeing.

Rocket's short-term polls would be WAY more accurate (for an overall view) than these. For the very reason's mentioned.

When the bossman creates a topic, active members tend to flock to it. I gathers responses from EVERYONE of ALL VIEWPOINTS.

Any of the mods/admins could likely check the number of votes against the number of active members since the poll was opened. Chances are only a minority of the available users will have cast votes.

Just because you dislike the results, don't ignore what you're seeing.

Just because you don't like logic, don't lie to yourself.

EDIT:

I've made it clear, time and time again, either end-result won't fuss me. I don't play DayZ because of the camera view.

The defensive attitude and totally off-the-mark comment (quoted above) shows you either didn't understand what I said, or you know I'm right.

Edited by Chabowski

You keep going on and on about "overall view" when I'm saying these polls represent those most interested in dayz development. If you want to debate about weather or not dayz should be made for the masses, that's a whole other discussion.

This specific poll may have under a hundred votes, but that linked one has 4500 with similar results.

I just felt like you're under the impression that the majority of us think these polls being in our favor means anything. They don't, they just say something about public opinion. You obviously have to consider all the conditions of the polls. Nobody is calling for Rocket to make his decisions based on these poll results alone. We're just saying "Look, out of X number of people asked, this is what they think." It's useful in debates like "Everyone says this... it's only a minority.... there's no evidence people want that" because it shows some peoples actual opinions.

Your point is that only the people who care about removing 3rd person are voting and talking about it. But, your presence here kind of flaws that logic. It's a poll, how hard is it to click two buttons? The titles are all you need to read.

I can understand your argument for why there isn't a lot of people debating to keep it, these threads are mind numbing. But, not for voting on a poll. If people see a poll and care about losing 3rd person, it's hard to believe they wouldn't vote out of spite for the discussion.

You keep going on and on about "overall view" when I'm saying these polls represent those most interested in dayz development. 

No. They do not.

People who may have been interested in the subject are now so bored of your (FPVaholics) banter that they are now intentionally ignoring it.

Again. I use myself as an example.

I'm a daily visitor to these here forums and I haven't seen or heard of any of these million-man polls folk keep linking.

Since those who want 3dp banned are feeling vocal recently, due to Dslyecxi's video, they naturally flock to where they can make their voice heard and discuss likeminded views. Everyone else has had enough of it. 

I see 3dp/FPV in a topic title and have to check the calendar to make sure I haven't gone back in time a year.

If your plan is to keep harping on until nobody can be arsed disagreeing with you, you're on the right track. (not you in particular, but the general "movement")

Honestly though. It's about time folks drop the subject and let the devs make their game.

I'm going to assume you don't know what hypocrisy means and attempt to answer what I think you mean.

I came here to point out the flaw in the plan and I'm still here because you directly addressed my point.

I'm not taking sides in your argument, I'm refuting your findings.

As for your lack of response. Can't or won't. Stupid o'clock, with no yes-men to back you? I'll assume that's an "I quit" reaction.

Why do you just talk without doing anything helpful/legit?

All I'm saying is that there can be a compromise. Third person can be repaired to a point where it is less exploitable, making first person play a feasible option on a 3rd person server, for example.

Why are you so draconian and heated? How is finding a compromise "not helpful?" You're the one starting flame wars with people just because they disagree with you and your little poll, which I haven't even voted on by the way - so again, the source you present is clearly biased. It doesn't take into consideration compromises or "third options." I hardly call that helpful or constructive. It's a completely false dilemma.

Why are you so draconian and heated?

I am not.

How is finding a compromise "not helpful?"

That was meant to point out you having done no research or having not checked the on-going research as ignoring publicly the "facts" that others point from those researchs. And that is the thing not helpful to the case nor anything else ever existed in this reality.

...You're the one starting flame wars with people just because they disagree with you and your little poll...

But I was not even in the conversation, therefore I cannot take anyone as a competitor or such. I did not also know that you disagree with my poll (How could I know that if I was not even in the convo?). And again, it would be hard for someone to disagree with me because I do not have a side in this case in the first place. As mentioned again (13. times now) I myself am a TPV user anyway. <-Due to which, it is now a literal fact that you used to talk without making research/reading posts/analyzing facts/doing anything before taking action, which is the thing that is not helpful to anything at all.

..which I haven't even voted on by the way..

Why did you feel the need to say that? Skipping the fact that I think you actually did vote, someone not voting on some poll has nothing to do with the subject. And you are being in a thread of another poll. Aint it make you just an off-topic material then? You then do not have right to talk about those polls that you did not even participate in.

It meant you do not care those community activities. No one also cares if someone voted or not, there are over 5.000 people. I could not even care less if you ever existed in this reality considering how many people exist as of now. That is the point of your point-wannabe being pointless, whereas not helpful/off-topic.

...the source you present is clearly biased, which is totally my humble opinion and by no way an absolute truth/fact.

Fixed it for you.*

It doesn't take into consideration compromises or "third options."

But there is a third option.

I hardly call that helpful or constructive.

That is your personal problem. But thanks for sharing it with us. *hugs*

It's a completely false dilemma.

Which is totally your opinion. But it being a false dilemma is a good thing though. So thanks for sharing your opinions! But in the next time, please do not bug community activities that you do not even bother participating in. It would cause only weirdness as can be seen in the last posts of yours.

Tl;dr, simply, if you do not know something, making up stuff just to seem to know something is not helpful or constructive to the case.

Regards

Like I said it is too soon. If there were 100 votes we could have some interpretation. And it is not about all the players, it is about the hardcore players. Because they are simply the people who will play the standalone. Do you think all those kids who play right now the DayZ mod with 50.000 AS50s per server will enjoy the standalone where you got to be very, very lucky to even find ammo for a m4? Really doubt that.

i dont know why everyone thinks that only the hardcore elite veterans will be playing the standalone. The veterans are not even the only ones playing the mod, there are still newbies bying arma for dayz mod more than 1 year after the release. And the standalone is trimmed to make dayz more accessable, thats clearly one of rockets goals.

Dayz standalone was just voted IGNs peoples choice award at the gamescom over Witcher 3, Battlefield 4, Titanfall or Watchdogs.

Dean tried to calm the masses down by lowering the expectations but if they dont fuck it up completely the standalone will be a big seller. Do i like this? I`m not sure. But its a fact which should not be ignored in this elitist discussion about if "we" hardcore veterans want 3rd or 1st person. It`s not all about "us", its about balancing the standalone between the veterans and the masses.

• Like 2