Sign in to follow this  
Karmaterror

Incorporate Community Maps

Hi

My idea is that each server host would actually host 3 servers. One Chenarus, 1 Celle, and 1 Taviana (or a different selection jus 2 more maps). the if I say drove right to the end of the dead end road to the north west I would be swapped to the Taviana server. Or if I drove to the end of the coast road in the south west I would be swapped to the Celle server, with all the lobby and server selection hidden by a load screen (or even with a lobby so you could take a break)

This could even become a feature.... each month or so feature a new community map. Maybe even let players vote for which one they want.

I do realise this would be a mammoth task with how to move vehicles with map swaps, and how to make it auto join the server. It could also result in people camping the transition spots, but its not too different from looting NWA.

Think that's about it :)

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 1

I don't think this is really a good option. As it, I believe the map will be Chernarus+ with Utes off the coast. Maps like celle and Taviana are still quite buggy/glitchy and would have to be ported over and fixed to be in the SA. Having maps switch every month would be extremely annoying as well, because as soon as you start making progress, the map it switched to something completely different.

This would definitely increase the amount of lag, and make it easier than ever for bandits to gear up in Chernarus, and then invade Taviana and destroy everyone.

I think it's a reasonable idea. But, I think the only way to reach Taviana would be to fly as far out into the sea as possible on a boat or plane, then you'd get the option to travel there. So banits'd have to find a boat or plane first

Look at the time it's taking to create Chernarus+. Now imagine a new map and how long it will take.

Adding maps like this unless similar topographically would be a bad idea as some maps are totally different!

How can you be bored of Chernarus+ before Chernarus+ has even been released?

I'd rather have a 50x50km island but that's more than most of our users computers can handle...

...like i care lol.

Been thinking about this a bit and yeah they wouldnt be able to polish another map before the releace of standalone. Buut this could be a post relece update...maybe 6-12 months after the game is releaced to extend its life. 

Id say that after a month of playing a map you have visited most of the best places and it starts to get old....roaming round the same places looking for the same things. i would not say i was just starting to make progress after a mont ;)

As for topography....id want something diffrent not something jus like chernarus. the length of the imaginary travel to a new map could be as long as you want.

Oh yeah....also thought this could be a way to introduce limited edition wepons that you can only get from the addon maps....then when that map swaps to a new one you carnt get that gun anymore unless that map comes up again. These weapons would slowly be lost as people died from zombies and would become more and more rare.

Also could do limited edition outfits. Like the way namalask has the snowy ghillie....that could maybe offer more concealment against the light grey buildings during city play.But would be rare if namalask wasnt the current addon map.

I really wish they would bring Atlis to DayZ. It's the perfect map. It could easily support 100 - 150 players, in my mind. But before it can be successful the devs need to perfect a seriously robust "network bubble" to make it feasible. The servers running it would have to be powerful, indubitably.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/screenshots/

Just look at that!

Edited by SalamanderAnder