Sign in to follow this  
Memphista

My 2 cents

Hey guys,

Whenever I am playing dayz I feel that sometimes I am missing some stuff in the game. Therefore I thought it might be worth going over some ideas in here to see what other people think of the ideas.

Wildlife:

I feel the diversity in wildlife is not what it could be. Sure we have pigs,cows, sheep/goats, chicken and rabbits but that's really all there is. Being realistic and all we should add deers/stags and bears atleast. Some others that might be viable would be the following.

- Wolves (Maybe even in packs)

- Bees (with nests to gather honey from)

- Cats (bobcat, tiger, cougar)

- Foxes

Putin riding a bear (awesome.. but no:p)

And this one at one of the fresh water pools

nikolai-zinoviev-bear-1.jpg

Another thing I think should be in dayz is the ability to create teams/party's.

Think about right clicking someone's names in the hud and clicking give transfusion, morphine, painkillers, antibiotics. You would still have to be in normal range though.

Some other things that would be possible ,although I don't agree with them 100%, they still have their advantages ofcourse and would maybe push more people to go team up some more.

- Team visible on map for easy randevouz.

- Team members would see eachothers name above their head when in sight to prevent teamkills.

(Standalone idea)

One thing I extremely hate in dayz right now is people with heli's flying around all day looking for camps. so densely forested area's could maybe be closed by the leaves up top so arial scouting would not be so extremely effective. Another plus about this would be that you create another habitat for combat, since these areas would also have allot less light so would be naturally darker and a wider selection of trees.

Edited by Memphista
  • Like 3

I'll go easy on you, since guessing by this is only your second post, you probably haven't been around long:

Dean "Rocket" Hall (the mod's figure head) has discussed animal diversity, and the problem is this: The ArmA engine sucks. I'll just go ahead and say it. It's old and it's not as robust as it could be. It's a LOT of fun, but it was designed for people shooting at other people in forests; the fact that the game has zombies in it is absolutely incredible.

Animals are really hard to do in the ArmA engine. Their character skeletons have to be designed from scratched and they have to be fully animated/given a coded AI so that they aren't the 2-trick (and stupid as hell) goats that are already in the game.

The suggestion for more animals has been made several times. That doesn't make it your post bad; I can see that you're new. But it's been suggested a lot and already debunked as not going to be a development focus for a LONG time into the stand alone.

The problem with thicker forests is the fact that a lot of players *already* have trouble running the game on medium-high end PCs with the trees already in game.

And finally: NO TEAM FEATURES! IT IS A REALISM SIMULATIOIN, NOT A FPS TITLE! Team killing happens A LOT in real life; friendly fire has a name for a reason. It's not Rocket's fault if uncoordinated and undisciplined "Team members" can't work together.

Edited by Applejaxc
  • Like 7

I'm supposing that you didn't know that there's no tigers or cougars in Europe? (Might be wrong)

I'm supposing that you didn't know that there's no tigers or cougars in Europe? (Might be wrong)

There are, but not in the form that you might think of them. I don't remember their names (there used to be Siberian Tigers for example, but they all died). I know there's some kind of "Black Coyote" in East Europe (the only reason I know is because a few years ago someone had written a fake article about how East European wild dogs "proved" that canines and felines were closely related. He photoshopped a bunch of pictures of European large-breed cats to have more canine features and dubbed his creation the "Black Coyote" It was like this but bigger)

• Like 1

Please god. No team identification stuff, that'll just make it easier for COD kiddies, and besides, the only wa you can tell if someones friendly in a real-live situation is if you recognise them somehow

• Like 1

Being able to coordinate and identify each other is a big part of teamwork.

Try wearing similar clothes to help recognise each other, best thing about having a 'uniform' is quick identification.. well.. unless the US is on your  side because they just fire anyway.

friendly fire is a thing.

it should be a thing in Dayz.

just talk to the person and get organised.

if you and your buddies are running around like chickens with their heads cut off then you deserve to get shot.

i believe they are gonna add wild life, i just hope that wildlife is a rare thing to come across.

If every time i venture out into the forest i come across 3 bears that would be unrealistic.

Maybe have one Bear spawn.

And it attacks players!

and give players something to do.

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_wolf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_brown_bear

You're right about the cougar thing though. That's more of an American hiker's worry. At one time Europe was home to many species of big cat, however. So it's theoretically possible that in the wake of the decimation of the human race, big cats could repopulate those areas...

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

friendly fire is a thing.

it should be a thing in Dayz.

just talk to the person and get organised.

if you and your buddies are running around like chickens with their heads cut off then you deserve to get shot.

i believe they are gonna add wild life, i just hope that wildlife is a rare thing to come across.

If every time i venture out into the forest i come across 3 bears that would be unrealistic.

Maybe have one Bear spawn.

And it attacks players!

and give players something to do.

Why

Do

You

Write

That

?

• Like 1

Th engine may be old but it's being rebuilt anyway; so what some people are saying is irrelevant. Dean said in a resent video that they've already redesigned some animals: from rats to dear and it just may take some time to implement these new assets. 

In other words it's certainly a goal but it's a feature that can wait over some more important additions. 

• Like 1

Def want bears at some point.

They shouldn't be super aggressive, just territorial at times.

• Like 1

rocket should implement bears and make them super rare and add a supa secret hard way to tame em

then you have a fucking bear that carries ammo and shit for you

and you can use it to attack people

holy shit

• Like 2

I think mules and horses would be great, but let's not forget that the whole "dog" subject was dropped rather suddenly. Unfortunately it's probably going to be another year or two before we see anything like that.

Still, I can dream can't I?

I would like to see dogs in the mod.

And not just the broken ones from Breaking Point and Overwatch.

Tame-able zombies that carry shit round for you, and act as human-shields, lol.

Like on walking dead you could chain them up and remove their arms and jaws.

Now stick a massive friggen pack on their back and you can pace along as your zombies do all the hard work.