ardiem.me

Help - How do I increase my aim?

I'm looking for ways to increase my aim/accuracy in DayZ. I've already turned down the Smoothing option in controls, it didn't help much.

I'm terrible at aiming... is there any way I can increase my aim? And please give detail don't just say "practice." As that doesn't do a bit of help. If you do say practice... say how and good ways to practice.

Thanks!

Find a good sensetivity, and, well...practice.

There isn't really tips I can give that made you "good at aiming". Theres no setting that magically makes it easy. You just have to ajust your sensetivity to a comfortable level, and practice... There's no other way to do it.

I recommend the "Shooting Range 2" mod, the editor, or even just play DayZ.

Good luck, and sorry it's not the answer you wanted.

Edited by Statik

Are you accounting for bullet-drop, leading targets etc. when you're aiming and do you know about zeroing weapons?

Oh if only ArmA 2 could aim this smoothly

Tbh this isn't far from this, except you train with iron sights. Weapons move a lot when you move, but the bullets aren't spread that much too.

Edited by pinkpingpenguin

ARMA isn't a twitch shooter, it's not about muscle memory. The more you play, the more you'll get used to the physics of each weapon though.

Might be worth trying Wasteland in ARMA 2 if you haven't already, it's similar to DayZ in terms of scavenging but there's a much heavier focus on PvP so it might be better for improving your aim.

• Like 1

Play wasteland AND some ACE maybe i.e. some insurgency on some nice server. I also advise playing vanilla single player armory with challenges enabled.Aaaand...

Practice.

play surgeon simulator and finish it,  then you'll be a pro at anything !!! even your aiming will be spot on ! :lol:

play surgeon simulator and finish it,  then you'll be a pro at anything !!! even your aiming will be spot on ! :lol:

Yes, finally a troll on this forum that's actually funny.

Oh if only ArmA 2 could aim this smoothly

You mean unrealistically?  One of the more solid things in the Arma engine are the ballistics.  It's unlike any twitch shooter like CS, CoD, or even BF for that matter, so I can understand how it can be a jarring experience jumping from those (or similar) to Arma.

As others have said, do Armory, editor, or Shooting Range 2.  If you need more help in firefights more than just pure aiming, play Wasteland and ACE and the like.  There is plenty out there for you to play with, it just takes practice.