Sign in to follow this  
zyklez

More Content (Future Suggestion)

Hi Guys,

at the moment i think about the DayZ Dev Blog (The Interview) and i have a Suggestion.

I guess i heard that its planned to extent the Map with new landscapes and stuff so i have a idea for a Area (its not 100% realistic): A big Military Base with a huge underground part! I recently played Metro Last Light and my opinion is that the underground Levels are damn awesome so why not Stuff like this in DayZ?

Regards

Zyklez

PS: Sry for my bad english :)

I believe that they have trouble making underground things due to however the landscape is rendered. The only Arma 2 map that has underground is Namalsk. They are planning instanced underground base building, so perhaps when that is implemented they will add things similar to your suggestion? 

• Like 2

no more military stuff in my opinion. it is far too much right now imo. more content: yes but pl more civilian stuff. a grand manor in the middle of the forest with its own catacombs, a grand farm etc..

• Like 2

no more military stuff in my opinion. it is far too much right now imo. more content: yes but pl more civilian stuff. a grand manor in the middle of the forest with its own catacombs, a grand farm etc..

And we wan't it so people would kill for an axe!

Jk man :P

• Like 1

Subway system/sewers/utility tunnels in Cherno/Electro.  Or hell just more underground/basements.  Someone linked in another post a goldmine they added in on their server.  I would agree that we've got enough military stuff on the map.  We would just need a means of justifying why to build whatever underground.  That large estate could have been a preper who stockpiled a lot of civilian weapons, ammo, food, and supplies, but was overrun with zombies.  The sewer system could be a way to get around Electro/Cherno without being on the surface (and exposed to sniper fire) with multiple outlet pipes at the edge of the city (and very little zombies inside, but tight quarters so it would be more dangerous) and manhole covers throughout.  Easy to get lost but once you know your way around it might be the better option.  Perhaps add on some underground components to the military bases already there (tunnels under NWAF leading from the barracks to the hangers, with some underground fuel bunkers that players can refuel from (since gas is going to be a finite supply))

Edited by BigMike

And we wan't it so people would kill for an axe!

Jk man :P

agree with that :)

agree with that :)

Man with axe and man without axe work together to find food and arm themselves better.

Yeah, I want subterranean tunnels under major cities. Maybe some sewers, some subway type tunnels. Would be excellent for say, sneaking into enemy camps, or avoiding snipers in Cherno. Plus people could choose to use such areas as bases.

I wouldn't mind if they were instanced, as long as they actually connect to Chernarus in a believable way. For example, it would be awesome to find map variants that specifically map out the subways, or something. Also the tunnels should actually allow players to move around the map. I want to be able to follow a tunnel from say, one side of Elektro to another. Or from Elektro to Cherno, entirely underground. Tunnels would also have the added benefit of supplying us with more "spooky" environments. They might be full of zombies, debris, other players, maybe even player camps. Plus it's be dark as all hell. Just sounds like an awesome experience.

• Like 2

Yeah, I want subterranean tunnels under major cities. Maybe some sewers, some subway type tunnels. Would be excellent for say, sneaking into enemy camps, or avoiding snipers in Cherno. Plus people could choose to use such areas as bases.

I wouldn't mind if they were instanced, as long as they actually connect to Chernarus in a believable way. For example, it would be awesome to find map variants that specifically map out the subways, or something. Also the tunnels should actually allow players to move around the map. I want to be able to follow a tunnel from say, one side of Elektro to another. Or from Elektro to Cherno, entirely underground. Tunnels would also have the added benefit of supplying us with more "spooky" environments. They might be full of zombies, debris, other players, maybe even player camps. Plus it's be dark as all hell. Just sounds like an awesome experience.

You've convinced me.

Imagine you wanna use it to get away from sniper but a player from town over was using it to escape zombies before he was eaten.

Very interesting scenarios could be made with this.

Do you think it should be sewerage or electrical maintenance or plumbing & gas sort of lines?

A building with this sort of concept is good In my opinion. (Okay sure it's a biker hideout) but it has everything, upstairs and downstairs and a normal floor with a lot of normal stuff. If more buildings where designed like this and where given a backstory and theme behind them then I say BI has clocked civilian buildings 100%.

But seriously, no underground Military bases please. Civilian house basements and all that stuff that you would have underground (Image a back alley fight club) would be cool.

• Like 1

Indeed, I am sure we will see stuff like this given enough time and patience..

A map for the sewers/subway tunnel could be found in the council or city hall building of the city