Sign in to follow this  
methr1k2dop3

Energy drinks

you can take probably limitless amounts of caffine, As long as you don't loose your neck in a supercharged caffine rush :-P

Nope

The median lethal dose is 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass. And that's not including your heart giving out. 

The symptoms of caffeine intoxication are comparable to the symptoms of overdoses of other stimulants: they may include restlessness, fidgeting, anxiety, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation.

I pretty much had all of them during my caffeine adventures. 

increased urination

This "specific" symptom compared to every other one looks like the least of my worries :-P

This "specific" symptom compared to every other one looks like the least of my worries :-P

If you happen to consume beer while being high on caffeine it becomes quite severe. 

Nope

The median lethal dose is 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass. And that's not including your heart giving out.

That the ~amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee, so to the average 70+ KG male adult would have to drink 70+ cups of coffee... which is at least 20 litters of water(35 in my case)... I think that we are safe..

Speaking off, have anyone ever died from caffeine overdoes from drinking coffee? (not heart failure or digesting caffeine in other forms like pills powder etc)

That the ~amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee, so to the average 70+ KG male adult would have to drink 70+ cups of coffee... which is at least 20 litters of water(35 in my case)... I think that we are safe..

Speaking off, have anyone ever died from caffeine overdoes from drinking coffee? (not heart failure or digesting caffeine in other forms like pills powder etc)

You can get 200 mg caffeine pills. Maybe even bigger. And like I said that amount does no include your heart exploding. More than 2 grams of caffeine is very very dangerous.

Don't thinks so, heart will fail long before you get to the lethal amount.

Before you brew, tea, it contains more caffeine than coffee.  However when you brew tea a larger percentage of caffeine is left in the tea leaves, so there is normally less in the tea you drink than in a coffee drink. However, it depends on how well you stew your tea before drinking.
Being a Brit by origin, I was brought up on London Blitz Tea.   - that's a pot of tea that is designed to break-even with a 200 kilo bomb coming through the roof.  There are different kinds of stress , one nail drives out one nail. 

In North African &  Arabian countries, a small cup of very strong stewed coffee taken late in the evening helps you sleep at night. This is common practice to cure restless sleep. For the same reason most cough mixtures contain a stimulant. It actually reduces 'psychological stress' by stimulating sub-par bodily functions to function better &  smoother.

And hell, I just like the energy drink kick, half of it is sugar-buzz (don't forget). But if you want No-Doze without caffeine shakes, then drink Maté .. that does it.

stay frosty, people..  ; )

Edited by pilgrim*