Sign in to follow this  
xSwifta

Kicked from servers that my friend is playing on

Lets get straight to the point... For some strange reason, everytime I try to join a server that my friend is playing on, Im kicked once im in the lobby. After he leaves the server, it lets me join. This never used to happen before and it's kind of bugging me out :( We talk through Skype to communicate while we play. Not sure if that affects anything. I would be very happy if anyone knows or thinks what the problem is.

Thanks

Edited by xSwifta

Would need more information, if you guys are using the same CD-key (pretty sure that's a no no) that might be it.  If you're playing from the same IP it might be something to do with that.  Skype shouldn't affect it (at least I don't think so).  Does it let him join if you're on first?  If so just join before he does, if he gets kicked when he tries to join you (or you get kicked when he joins) ask him what the kick message says and copy it down.

When im in the server and he tries to join, it kicks him as well. We are not playing on the same IP either. When we try to join at the same time, the game would just freeze. When he tries to join after I do, it says " You have been kicked off the game".  It says the same to me when I try to join after him.

Edited by xSwifta

Also, for some reason i spawned in with his stuff in the same spot he aborted....

We dont have the same CD-key either...

have you ever logged onto your steam account on his PC or vice versa?

have you ever logged onto your steam account on his PC or vice versa?

Nope

2euh7js.gif

Gtfo, you keep posting irrelevant things to the topics you reply to.

OT: Im not sure why it does this. Try reinstalling dayz

Also, for some reason i spawned in with his stuff in the same spot he aborted....

That combined with not being able to be on at the same time leads me to think that you are using the same CD-key somehow, either he 'borrowed' yours and he's not being truthful to you or your sharing one not being truthful with us, or some weird ass complication I can barely comprehend.  But I digress and don't want to be pointing fingers.

I know it just says 'you've been kicked' when you/your friend gets kicked, but is there any message on the server side?  IE 'Dave has been Kicked BE Restriction #1234'?  If it does try googling that number to see what it means.

Try logging on to two different public servers (same hive) and see if one or the other still gets kicked, or if you spawn in the exact same spot.

That combined with not being able to be on at the same time leads me to think that you are using the same CD-key somehow, either he 'borrowed' yours and he's not being truthful to you or your sharing one not being truthful with us, or some weird ass complication I can barely comprehend.  But I digress and don't want to be pointing fingers.

I know it just says 'you've been kicked' when you/your friend gets kicked, but is there any message on the server side?  IE 'Dave has been Kicked BE Restriction #1234'?  If it does try googling that number to see what it means.

Try logging on to two different public servers (same hive) and see if one or the other still gets kicked, or if you spawn in the exact same spot.

I believe that we may be using the same CD-key. Now that i remember, he did log onto my pc a while back. Dont know how to fix same CD-key problem.

Hello everyone, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me. I managed to fix the problem :)

• Like 1