Sign in to follow this  
Kiilg (DayZ)

Dayz unplayable for me, worth trying SA?

Ok, So I've fell love in dayz. Not because I've been playing it, but I've been watching streams. The reason why I am not playing it is because it's unplayable. I've done any possible tweak to Arma 2, and I'm playing on 20fps~ outsides of citys, and if I'm in a vehicle driving trough cherno for example, the FPS can even drop down to 10, and when I drive out of the city, it won't go up again. I've tried every graphic settings, nothing really changes my FPS. I remember when I bought the game I would constantly have 60+~ fps outsides of citys and about 30-35~ inside. And I was wondering if this will be fixed in SA? Because I really enjoy this game, but in this state it's unplayable.

SPECS:

Nvidia Geforce GTX 570

AMD Athlon II X4 651 - Quad processor 3.00ghz

64bit windows 7

8gb RAM

I used to play on an old e8400 core 2 duo with a Geforce 9800 and 2gb of ram at 640 by 480  :D , I could see 30-40 fps outside cities.

A lot of factors affect the game.  First some servers are super laggy, the ones with 950 vehicles and 60 people playing on them, you're likely to have a bad time.

Secondly, in game resolutions do not have to be at 1080p.  I play on a 32 inch screen at 1366 x 768 and you can go lower than that with it still looking great.  

You should make sure your cfg files have been tweaked, lower your in game resolution, try some commandlines, and be sure to have properly updated drivers.  

With 8GB of RAM i would highly recommend using ramdisk for Dayz.  You can use 4GB of your ram to load important arma 2 files and the dayz mod straight from your ram, boosting fps.  

With your specs, dayz should be very playable.

If you find DayZ Mod "unplayable" with that, you're doing something wrong.

• Like 2

Upgrade the CPU to a Bulldozer FX-6100 and you'll notice a high performance difference, you can get it for less than $100 if you look carefully. But these specs are alright for 30-40 FPS, that quad core CPU could be worse.

If you find DayZ Mod "unplayable" with that, you're doing something wrong.

yes when fps drops to 10 its unplayable

Ok, so I've downloaded the RAMdisk program, and I've put my dayz folder in there. But I'm using steam and I really don't know how to launch from my new driver, help please

http://imgur.com/t3WNRIC

I think I've had fixed it myself, my FPS increased with a good 15-20 fps, thank you