arrowxd

Bored In DayZ!

Uhh, that downtime in DayZ career, Im pretty bored and i know i am, im stuck in a loop which ive been in before which consists of this, go to elektro, get loot, stay in elektro, do nothing, complain about the engine and how bad the fps is, get more bored and then leave the server and never play again. Its pretty sad i know. Im really bored and its strange since there is so many things to do in DayZ (This is vanilla DayZ). But, even on origins its the same, get loot get bored, Even on Breaking Point, Get loot get bored. Its a vicious cycle that questions me if im going to enjoy standalone (when its released) Anyone got any ideas that can help me to stop getting so bored? Anything literally. Map? Mod? PlayStyle? Roleplay? Looking for some ideas! (And ive played many mods, still trying to find the right one or map)

Get gear, kill bandits, help friendlies... this is how i keep myself motivated.. it can be quite fun :)

...i used to be a bandit mostly.. but i kinda got bored of it.

• Like 1

you need to stop thinking this negative bullshits and make start to act like a man!  >:(

Get gun and go find plaers and make some adrenalin, is good natural drug for make you feel positive. ;)

I went through the same crap, thought I was gonna walk away forever.

Then I discovered the fun you can have as part of a team. This is what you are missing!

• Like 1

Two-man team, squad, etc. Banditry, heroism. Set a goal. Twenty anti-biotics in 10 different stashes. Just finding the sandbags is a challenge. Hunt down and steal a chopper.

Play a different game.

Here's a hum dinger! Don't go to elektro! Go to NW, NE, or anywhere else! Set a goal, try to find a certain gun, a vehicle... something! There is no such thing as boredom in vanilla DayZ.

Maybe even piss someone off (don't troll) and start a rivalry with them. I play on an Origins server with a person that used to be pretty well hated on my own DayZ server for doing the "I'm friendly" and Backstabbing bullshit. My clan and his group have a huge rivalry, and although we loath every molecule of them and their squeaky little prepubescent voices, they are pretty fair DayZ players and without them the fun would be cut in half.

DayZ is honestly the only game I can never get tired of. So many other games have MUCH more to actually 'do' in them, like combining items, storylines... and therefore have 'more' content than DayZ, however, in DayZ the possibilities of things you can do are endless. Nothing in the game ever happens the same twice.

Plus, if you're that bored, take yourself over to Steam with 10-15 bucks and take part in the Summer Sale. So many people will regret that they didn't. Hell, pick up 4-5 NEW(ish) games for that 15 bucks!

Edit: Yes, I'm kinda advertising steam a bit. Over the past week I have saved over 100$ in games and DLC, sue me for sending you over to a great deal :P

Edited by OfficerRaymond

Gonna try some of these! Thanks  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Try to experience the survival part of the game. Get a group of friends or such and try to make a place that you can call "home". Go for hunting, looting, finding better clothes-clean water.. Protect your friends when they sleep (if sleeping wud be in SA ofc.) If you got a BIG clan, then get a small town to yourselves and make it your nation (:p). Listen to the live-radio broadcasts at nights while sitting in front of the campfire in a basement with your friends eating cooked meals and drinking your own piss.

That's life..

get a squad, get on ts, wait 2 weeks download dayz:aftermath .... profit?

• Like 1

Do the same thing I'm doing - pretent the game to be real life. Stealth around zombies, avoid big towns, avoid risky movements, go in random directions. This reminds me of my noob days in DayZ.. ehh, good old times.

Partnering up with someone and trying to be a Hero has kept me hopelessly enamored with DayZ.  There's an endless amount of frustration, from bandit survivors and glitchy game mechanics alike, but trying to be a good guy is hard as hell and keeps every interaction with another survivor as intense and exciting as possible.  Get the basics to defend yourself and then focus on getting together enough supplies to go out and help people.

I just have trouble finding a server with more than 30 players that doesn't lag terribly on Chernarus which most seem too :/

A few things fun to do in DayZ:

Play with a large sized group on a nearly full public hive. The best thing to do with a group of people on a public hive is to go around mercilessly hunting down other players or luring them into traps where you can then make them your bitch should they choose to live and play along.

Try playing with absolutely no backpack, using only what you can fit in your inventory. Adds a whole new concept to DayZ when you must make do with the bare-minimum. Making the decision between carrying extra ammo, food, or medical supplies can be challenging when you feel like you do not have enough of anything.