Sign in to follow this  
ZachE888

Lagging on Chenarus

Hi my computer specs are

Processer: i7 960 3.2 GHz

Video Card: AMD 7950HD 3gb

RAM 4gb DDR3

I lag on Chenarus but no other map. I get 5 fps max in cities and 15 outside. I dont know what to do.

Please Help

Thanks

Are you trying different servers? If you log into the same server on Chernarus then it's most likely the server.

No it happens on any mode and only on chenarus

Do you have any modifications installed? It might be intercepting with the map.

Most servers won't allow mods... Thus making that an unlikely culprit to the problem. Zeds are a suspected cause, which I've only see affect my frame rate in the latest patches.

Most servers won't allow mods... Thus making that an unlikely culprit to the problem. Zeds are a suspected cause, which I've only see affect my frame rate in the latest patches.

True, but if it's ONLY in Chernarus then it seems a little bit weird.

Chernarus is actually DayZ, whilst other maps replicate DayZ, usually with a different map. However, because of this, the coding could be modified for other maps thus making them run better. Takistan runs smoother than Chernarus, whilst Taviana usually is rougher than Chernarus. The map GREATLY affects frame rate. If you perform better on a loaded Taviana server than a moderate Chernarus server... There could be something wrong. Double check to make sure your Arma 2 Beta patch is the latest (or recommended) patch, as some are unstable... 103718? Was the most recent supported patch after the rollback from the 105(?)495 or something patch. Just a thought. Reinstall DayZ again, worst case, Arma 2 itself just in case something is fragged on the harddrive (usually defrags wont fix these). Also, hard drives greatly affect loading times, which could potentially lower frames if the CPU is focused on trying to load rather than render the files Arma uses. Recommended putting this on an SSD, look on ebay, Newegg, Craigslist, etc for a new (or used) SSD, which will help SMOOTHEN the game. In rare cases, some users report higher frame count (because their old HDDs were so bad...). That's pretty much it. Hope this helps!

My computer is very good and can run everything pro but i have to turn down the video settings in dayz to make it run smooth