Sign in to follow this  
broguenz

Why don't the infected turn on each other?

Not like they would catch anything they don't already have and flesh is flesh right?

or should i just stop thinking silly thinks

Maybe all they want to do is infect the non infected and thats how the virus/infection works.. i dunno..or stop thinking silly things

Because that would likely make for terrible game dynamics. ^_^

• Like 3

Because us sexy survivors taste better than the ugly zombies.

Historical zombie theory based on the undead usually stipulates that they need to feed on warm flesh, not their necrotic comrades. However, I don't think we've had an explanation for why infection-based zombies don't kill each other. I love 28 days later, but you would think a virus that causes rage would cause the infected to just murder each other.

Anyways, because they eat me when I pass out, I'm going to say these zombies are the first kind.

• Like 1

Because zombies/infected always seem to have a sixth sense that allows them to differentiate between a zombie and a normal survivor.

Especially 300m away across an open field you are crouch running through.

• Like 3

If the infected turned on each other, eventually all of them would be killed and there would be none left, then it would just be Wasteland.

If the infected turned on each other, eventually all of them would be killed and there would be none left, then it would just be Wasteland.

Maybe one left, a single big fatty alpha Zed roaming Chernarus. The final boss. There is our end game.

From what I understand, infected avoid attacking each other based off of visual and sensual stimuli. They know the difference between a live animal and an infected one, and usually avoid attacking the latter. Why? Because these zombies are not undead, its not very easy to explain. The "DayZ virus" is blood based and thus explains why we're immune(the virus can only reproduce off of certain blood cells- also explains why we all have the same blood type :)). Maybe they can tell through smell if an animal has infected blood or not; or maybe they have a hive/group mentality, and a complex social hierarchy.

As above, the goal of the virus is to spread, I'd imagine it would be pointless for the virus to drive its 'host' to attack a target it couldn't spread to. Having said that, if it knew we were immune then the infected should leave us alone - using that logic... I guess they can't tell.

Edited by Jamz

I still haven't seen zeds murder pigs and goats, so it would have to be a blood-born pathogen that some crazy how makes them violent towards uninfected human beings and nothing else. I still want some zombie theory on how it's possible for a body to function without regular food and water. Adrenaline can't do anything when muscles atrophy and organs fail.

I still haven't seen zeds murder pigs and goats, so it would have to be a blood-born pathogen that some crazy how makes them violent towards uninfected human beings and nothing else. I still want some zombie theory on how it's possible for a body to function without regular food and water. Adrenaline can't do anything when muscles atrophy and organs fail.

I've booked myself in for a frontal lobotomy so I can just get on with living and worry less about finer details. I'll give them your name shall I?

Played ring a rosey around a goat with a viral the other day. Although it was a useful meat shield for a while the Z refused to take the lesser mammal and let me be. Eventually the goat and I grew tired of my silly game and it was back to benny hill.

Why don't the infected turn on each other?

Do you want your compuer to explode?

i read in a survival horror book story thing that the infected slowly deterieate in health and start to peel away and just stumble become weak etc until they become flesh hanging on a corpse and to weak and die however the none infected provided the infected with the nutrients to keep there bodies going so the more humans they ate the faster stronger and agile they were till they become almost "super-human" i like to think this as it ties in with what rocket says about future content with different types of zombies

i read in a survival horror book story thing that the infected slowly deterieate in health and start to peel away and just stumble become weak etc until they become flesh hanging on a corpse and to weak and die however the none infected provided the infected with the nutrients to keep there bodies going so the more humans they ate the faster stronger and agile they were till they become almost "super-human" i like to think this as it ties in with what rocket says about future content with different types of zombies

Interesting.

So all we would need in your scenario is all go live off the land in the middle of nowhere for a few weeks, wait for them to die off and then we could return to the towns and continue killing each other for the beans and coke unhindered.

I guess wildlife and matches would become the thing we'd end up fighting over instead so we'd not get bored.

• Like 1

Do you want your compuer to explode?

Computer says no.

Maybe they do turn each other on. I'm not privy to the private lives of the infected.

Some of them do sound like they're having fun.

Hello there

I would like this mechanic.

but AFAIK would be difficult to do as the Zeds are all on one "side" with respect to the game engine, but It would be interesting to see on occasion.

braaaaaiiiiiins must have braaaaains*

or brian

No one likes him

Rgds

LoK

*caveat: I know they're infected not undead. bear with me

or brian

No one likes him

he's no messiah that's for sure, he's a very naughty boy.

Especially 300m away across an open field you are crouch running through.

They can hear your arsehole clentch.

• Like 1

I've booked myself in for a frontal lobotomy so I can just get on with living and worry less about finer details. I'll give them your name shall I?

I was speaking about general zombie lore, not this game. But thanks for the delicate insult, my sweet little kiwi!

Interesting.

So all we would need in your scenario is all go live off the land in the middle of nowhere for a few weeks,

sadly not, takes a few years for them to completely cripple and die