DZR_Mikhail

Russian Community Consolidated Suggestions - A huge presentation for Rocket.

Wasn't sure where to post this:

I am not sure if this was suggested before but after playing Receiver I feel DayZ should feature realistic gun mechanics beyond 'press R to reload' in a way that you can manipulate every/the most important parts of your gun independently. Have a look at this for clarification:

Edited by ZuluActual

you now with 50 pages you almost have a Master-Thesis ;)

If only. My complete thesis(Phd) on the CAM foto structure in plants took about a 100.

But this ...this document is awesome.

Look ill be honest i cant stand Russians on dayz and real life. But this is awesome.

Хорошие идеи человек, на самом деле может изменить ситуацию!

Visited the Suggestions forum just now and saw lots of ideas, that are already in our presentation. So I'm reviving this thread and for all "suggesters", please, have a look at it. You will find a lot of good suggestions and inspiration for more.

Note to self, learn Russian.

Отлично, ребята. Обобщение в данном случае очень важно для самих разработчиков.

Ok, guys. Generalization in this case is very important for the developers.

• Like 1

Incredible work. I really hope it will receive some dev attention soon enough!

Give Beans to this fine man!

• Like 1

Holy shit, this is just amazing. I cannot believe you guys are this dedicated.

This should be pinned.

Shows what is already suggested, so people don't resuggest, and to show all the good suggestions the devs can implement.

Edited by Space Milk
  • Like 1

First of all: Awesome work. I really like most of the ideas and from a players perspective I can see their value - but I can't really estimate the amount of work that some of these ideas would take.

I' just adding my 2 beans here - just my opinion about these awesome suggestions:

DayZ Server Modes (with a separate hive for each mode)

I like it very much, even if there are too many types in there. DayZ (aka Standalone), DayZ Life (including Biorythm optional) and optional for both modes the Seasons - and I think its very good.

Social Simulation (and perma identity, social list)

Yes to the perma identity - but I dont really know if I'm happy with the auto-PID-shown... maybe combine it with this idea (which is already really close to yours, without PID) http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/162324-player-identification-and-classification-system/ ...

- Passive attributes...maybe. I just can imagine how people will abuse that and grind for their lifes...

- Genetic memory? Well...interesting, but I'd say no to this one. for em: New Spawn = new char.

- Revoke ability to loot own corpse: Meh. It SHOULD be possible to loot it, since  New spawn=new char, but than you should forget about it ;)  the 10 min timer is a good way inbetween i'd say. maybe even lower it to 5...

Server hopping, ghosting etc.

Mentioned and discussed since the creation of this document est. 100000 times. Confirmed that something will be done about it. (And what is the radio doing in that section? Anyway, radios + radio station sounds fun)

Night time back to survival

As part of biorythm: yes.

Advanced medicine and injury

The most awesome part of the awesome document ;) Yes, Yes, Yes. Maybe too much but I don't care - it sounds just amazing ;)

Death

Also great ideas - all of them. (well maybe killed by lightning is a little bit harsh ;)) And climbing trees...sounds awesome, but i just dont know if its really a good idea...

Character abilities etc.

Yeah slots for hands was also mentioned some hundred timesm so you can say that a lot of players thought about it and want it...lets see...

Character development/skills

And here it gets tricky...

- Character creation class with death penalty: No. Spawn = new life. No penalties, no bonuses.

- Sleep and GPH: Yes, but I'm not with you on Power hour, active hour etc. but i like the rest of that idea :)

Map/Game world

Good ideas, but seeing them against e.g. the medical system they are small ;)

Gameplay /serverside system etc.

I like most of the ideas but:

- Off server technology for metal-detector: no. just no.

GLOBAL VIRTUAL DAYZ GEOVERSE

I don't even...well....no. That will cause more problems than it would help in my opinion...

The rest of the ideas are either very good or at least worth a thought - or arwe already implemented or confirmed.

Only "Portable mp3 player","Compensate for unrealistically being offline (by sending emails)" is quite...yeah, i'd call it "not worth the amount of work"

And "Introduce holiday, roleplay and traditional clothes, masks and items" ...no. As good as the rest is, this idea is in my opinion, awful....

And the best sentence of the whole document: "Basically DayZ is a hobo simulator"

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

"Makeing DayZ harder" Is one of your tags.

I LOVE THIS.

I see SO many posts about "making DayZ easier" on this forum it makes me sick.

Thank you for putting this together, its communities like yours that are going to make DayZ great.

• Like 1

Gosh, such great feedback. Thanks guys. This means a lot for us. Really.

Yeah, some ideas are strange, some too difficult, some are contradicting the others, some for fun, some are serious... The purpose is to inspire and make you think beyond common limits.

Pity Rocket ignores this document for some reason. Never told a single word about it, never replied. When I chat with him, all is fine. When I mention the Russian presentation... he gets silent and is irresponsive ... as if there is some taboo or directive "not to react or comment on Mikhail's community work". Spooky and sad. I don't really know what I want most, to hear Rocket comment on the document or hear him explain why he is ignoring it SO violently :)

But I wish it's just my paranoia and one day Rocket comes, as if nothing happened and told: Good work guys, I noted some thing down into dev plan."

Or at least, "Bad ideas. Go away" would suffice...

• Like 2

Love what I'm seeing here.

A note on lightning. This should statistically be possible to survive, say 50/50.

But the effects of having lightning 'go around you' (which is what it would be doing - if you survive) would make all your cloths explode off, accept for tightly secured things like underwear - which would catch on fire. Oh, and it would lift you off the ground several feet.

Now that would be a sight to see.

Yes, I've been reading it as we're preparing our roadmap for 2014.

OMG, this day has come! He saw it and even read it!!! Thanks Dean, This is fantastic news. We're totally happy. This made my day. 

Your dedicated fans from distant Klingon Federation.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 2

OMG, this day has come! He saw it and even read it!!! Thanks Dean, This is fantastic news. We're totally happy. This made my day. 

Your dedicated fans from distant Klingon Federation.

I'll drink a bottle of vodka with my bear in ushanka, and play balalaika, dance vprisyadku on russian gorki!

• Like 3

Well done guys this is truely EPIC and some great suggestions.

Support from England

• Like 1