Sign in to follow this  
MikeZA

Flash Poll: How many private hive server owners and admins feel like 1.7.7 *messed* their server up?

1.7.7 and Private Hives  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regret upgrading your server to 1.7.7?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't be stupid, I'm not 'upgrading' to that shit!
  2. 2. Would you host a Stand-Alone server if this is a preview for what to expect?

Flash Poll: How many private hive server owners and admins feel like 1.7.7 fucked their servers up?

I am interested in knowing if I am the only one with a bitter taste in my mouth having to 1.7.7 on my server.

Damn... I must high expectations for code releases... or DayZ server admins have low standards...

Considering that we will must likely have to PAY a license of some sort to host a stand-alone server, especially if it's private hive, you guys would really be happy with this quality of code? After how many years of perma-alpha? I should shit out some code in 15 minutes and present it to you with a price tag, might be some easy money.

I have had to leave TS to get away from players on my servers bitching about how shitty 1.7.7 is. I am having to explain that the zombie tackle "feature" is coded into the game and that it is not my servers' fault that it has no correlation with real-world physics. I am also having to explain that the new (bugged to shit) loading screen has nothing to do with my servers.

Edited by MikeZA

How does the community driven mod have any relevance on the quality of the commercial stand alone release? I fail to see why that would be relevant to renting a stand alone server?

Hasnt it already been stated that private hive wont be an option initially for Stand Alone too? So unless you had planned on running a main hive server on stand alone (if indeed that was initially possible with your present provider) you would have remained tied to providing a private hive for the mod anyway.

If you don't like it can't just roll back to the previous version and post some constructive feedback via the suggestions board? Surely that would be more useful to both the mod and the stand alone.

Edited by Box

How does the community driven mod have any relevance on the quality of the commercial stand alone release? I fail to see why that would be relevant to renting a stand alone server?

You really think they aren't / won't use the code from the mod in the stand-alone? Why continue developing the mod when the stand-alone is "just around the corner"?

If you don't like it can't just roll back to the previous version?

Waiting the the host to provide the option to do this.

update is legit or they wouldnt have put it out right ?

Experience suggests the contrary, does it not?.

I think its silly everyone is FORCED to use these code updates. It's alpha, like minecraft as dean said himself, I can go on minecraft and use any version i like with all the mods that work on that version. Cant do that on here, we're all sheep forced to follow the shepard.

I think its silly everyone is FORCED to use these code updates. It's alpha, like minecraft as dean said himself, I can go on minecraft and use any version i like with all the mods that work on that version. Cant do that on here, we're all sheep forced to follow the shepard.

Actually, you're testers of an alpha for a Standalone. If you don't like the idea of testing features that could be put into the SA once polished and worked on, then I suggest you uninstall DayZ and go back to Minecraft.

DayZ's destiny was to be a permanent Alpha for the SA. If you're not happy with that, uninstall it. Wait for the SA.

Edited by TheDesigner

An you know what shepherds do to sheep, right?

An you know what shepherds do to sheep, right?

Shave them..?

Do you want Rocket to shave you?

Edited by TheDesigner

I think it's quite silly that you don't understand that you DO NOT have to update many servers didn't remove the "can incident" servers till recently because they WANTED to

you're are just posting factually incorrect information, if you wan't your shitty, "OP" "immersion breaking" .50s JUST STOP FUCKING BITCHING ABOUT IT!

All I'm really seeing is a few people who are new to DayZ and don't understand how it works. Features come and go, so getting all Internet-rage on them is pointless. Yes, make a thread about how you don't like it and if enough people agree with you, I guarantee it'll be removed soon.

You're players are probably complaining to you because they sprint through Cherno looking for guns to shoot people with. Possibly suggest to them that their play style is not working and they should adapt. That's what a survival simulator is supposed to do right? Cause adaptations in your play style?

Hello there

Constructive feedback is needed but a little thought and perhaps research need to be employed before becoming angry with any new change.

As to the removal of the .50 cals, would it have been a softer blow if the rationale was clearly stated for their removal rather than just a line in the patch notes for those who dont follow the forums?

Lastly, there are always servers running either older or modded versions of the patch, that's the beauty of the open Arma system.

Wait a few days and you'll soon see servers with .50 cals re enabled.

I'm glad they're out as they didn't fit in the DAYZ mythos IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

Not sure what the removal of 50 cals has anything to do with this post...

I am busy upgrading my server back to 1.7.6 now, maybe in about 5 weeks 1.7.8 will be better... but probably not based on 1.7.7.

my server hoster(DayZ.ST , a joke) can only update it ;( they havent updated it yet so NOPE , I DONT KNOW

Currently rolling back to 1.7.6.1, there are a lot a things that are not running or not running as it should, however doesn't make sense to me to ask to people if they would rent a server in this conditions being the SA, i have more faith that even releasing the SA they won't release their product in this conditions, is more of common sense.

After all i believe everyone is enjoying most of the changes, for some reason once again seems that this patch was released without any testing from the Dev Team, we also have to acknowledge that this is still alpha and this is the way to see what is broken and what is not.

Until this patch is redone i am rolling my server back to 1.7.6.1

Edited by Apocalyp†ic™