bfisher

Why is the NE Airfield so lame?

I got my first and only heli from NE.

But on Balota Buddies I tend to avoid NEAF. It might be the hottest pvp spot on the map.

NE on classic DayZ sucks, and it's not limited to the airfield but the whole section of the map.

In terms of points of interests/loot spawns, there is zero reason to visit the NE section which is a shame, because Black Lake, Berezino and NEAF are some of my favorite areas. Assuming I want loot, why the hell would I run for 25-30 minutes, to end up with an AK (if I'm lucky) if I can either spend 5 minutes to get an AK out of Elektro/Cherno or 20-25 minutes to get a proper weapon and a chance of finding a sniper rifle at the barracks or Stary.

All northern areas need to offer significantly more to encourage players to actually leave the coast; for example, assault rifles shouldn't be available at the coast and certain areas could have different weapon:ammo spawn rate ratios. For example, you could find an M24 at the barracks but you'd still have to get ammo for it at a different location. Certain hospitals could have different medical supplies; Berezino could spawn blood bags and antibiotics whereas southern hospitals could spawn epinephrine, morphine and bandages.

...as well as the odd traveller...

The odd traveller? Who/what the hell is that? :huh:

If you remove all the loot from a loot pile and then leave the area new loot will spawn when the next player enters the area, otherwise the loot will be the same until the server restarts.

Hes getting mixed up from testing :-)

John Popper's new experimental blues band?

• Like 1

NE on classic DayZ sucks, and it's not limited to the airfield but the whole section of the map.

In terms of points of interests/loot spawns, there is zero reason to visit the NE section which is a shame, because Black Lake, Berezino and NEAF are some of my favorite areas. Assuming I want loot, why the hell would I run for 25-30 minutes, to end up with an AK (if I'm lucky) if I can either spend 5 minutes to get an AK out of Elektro/Cherno or 20-25 minutes to get a proper weapon and a chance of finding a sniper rifle at the barracks or Stary.

All northern areas need to offer significantly more to encourage players to actually leave the coast; for example, assault rifles shouldn't be available at the coast and certain areas could have different weapon:ammo spawn rate ratios. For example, you could find an M24 at the barracks but you'd still have to get ammo for it at a different location. Certain hospitals could have different medical supplies; Berezino could spawn blood bags and antibiotics whereas southern hospitals could spawn epinephrine, morphine and bandages.

Agree to an extent but DayZDb gives you the information you need about loot spanws and Brezino is generally quieter than Elektro/Cherno so it's always good for medical supplies.

The Dock area at Berzino is also excellent for industrial loot with 6 or 7 medium loot spawns in a small and usually quiet area

Got an M24, M4A3, and Coyote Backpack from there. In one run. Also found a Lil' Bird up there.

I find NEAF to actually be quite fun. Because people see it as being 'lame' or less used, more people go there in the hope off finding that one off big loot jackpot (Yeah right..). But I have had some pretty decent fights in the Krashnostav/NEAF area.

Went there once with a couple of guys, found a pick-up truck.

On another occasion, I went there alone, it had been 4 hours since last restart and still found an M14.

The lack of traffic makes up for the shit loot spawns. Otherwise it's a waste of time, since it's even further out than NWAF which has the best loot.

NW Airfield: Sometimes it isn't about the looting, sniping and the vehicles...

...it is about the social networking. When I go up to the NW Airfield I make sure to wear a clean suit and tie, bring a stack of my business cards, and offer a firm handshake to everyone I meet up there.

• Like 1

finding a sniper rifle at the barracks or Stary.

Yeah, no. Stary actually sucks, in terms of military loot. Its a bunch of low-grade spawns.

Must be a term not used much where you are. Putting odd in front of a word like the way i have used it is like when two fishermen bump into each other ..

Fisherman 1 'ahoy there matey in yon rusty dinghy '

Fisherman 2 'Gday cobba, hows it hanging '

Fisherman 1 ' Perfectly symetrical my dear chap, how is the sport of angling in this fine area ? '

Fisherman 2 ' Not great digs, caught the odd one or two Stripey chad Nickleback earlier. haven' seen much else up this way 'cept for floating beer cans'

Fisherman 1 ' Oh i say. i have never had the joy of catching one of those yet'

Fisherman 2 ' Nah mate no joy, like a pest fish, just gut 'em and throw 'em back'

• Like 2

Yeah, no. Stary actually sucks, in terms of military loot. Its a bunch of low-grade spawns.

And NEAF isn't a bunch of low-grade spawns?

In Stary you're guaranteed to at least get an average assault rifle whereas at NEAF you can consider yourself lucky if you find an AK.

It depends on how adventurous the server admins are. Some enjoy it as vanilla but our group will be creating a worthy military airport.

I actually wanted to edit the official dayz map to include some more stuff up at the NEAF.

Sadly I dont think this will happen in the mod version , but maybe in the SA :)

The loot isn't that much better at NWA, the chance of actually getting top tier loot is slim to slim, but people also go there because NWA offer 70 local military gear spawns, while NE only offer 9-ish.

DayZ appeals so broadly because Chernarus has room for both PvP and PvE and big surprise PvP players congregate where other people and loot is the most common, while PvE players are attracted to exactly the areas, where PvP players aren't.

In DayZ PvE is avoiding PvP.

PvE players might prefer the east coast because you have to search a larger area to find good loot, while PvP players prefer Cherno, Elektro, Stary and NWA. This is good for both parties, because if you want to spend your time picking flowers, you know you can dance around in the fields fairly safe in the east and if you absolutely have to kill everybody, you got a pretty decent idea, where you can find a lot of targets on the south coast. When you get tired of shooting n00bs at the beach, you can always compete with other killers at Stary and NWA.

As it is now, If you want top loot, you have to compete for it. It's a bit like WOW, the best gear is in the raids and if you don't raid, you don't need top tier.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1