Ander (DayZ)

DayZ hive maintenance

There looks like one of the CDN servers dont update with the latest certificate file.

I'll try to rectify this by temporarily moving that CDN server out of rotation.

• Like 1

The correct server would be the one that appears to be rolled back from my understanding.

It usually takes me two to three restarts to get it on the new database, on top of the auto restart I maybe just set up 3 restarts for every one restart my server restarts 4 times a day so I'll try and kick it up to 12, 3 per restart about 3 minutes apart. Might help, I don't have the time or the help to moderate every restart, every day.

My question to the dev is can we modify the init.sqf under dayzhiverequest to send a request for the new hive, instead of the old hive?

Can you point me to which row it is?

Ill be happy to help out and ask some of the mod devs to issue a patch if necessary.

There looks like one of the CDN servers dont update with the latest certificate file.

I'll try to rectify this by temporarily moving that CDN server out of rotation.

Appreciate acknowledgment of the issue we're experiencing.

Roll back of a week is that possible Ander ?

Our server was down for a few hours now, and now it seems it rolls back to monday of the last week.

Edited by Ameo

Well, with the advance of anti-cheat tools there's a bunch of servers out there on public hive that can be as cheat free as a private hive.

Hi!

Could i ask for some for details on the above please?

Thanks

d.

Hi what is the new hive IP? In the hiveext.log it's flipped flopped from 184.###.###.### to 173.###.###.###. Is the latter the new hive IP? Apologies for the pseudo obfuscation since I wasn't sure about the policy on posting the hive IP.

Just want to confirm it has switched over to the official hive and not over to server host's public hive (if that's even possible). I only ask this because I notice in my limited sample size some public hives hosted by the same server host had rolled over while others have not. Anyways wanted to know if this was simply spurious correlation on my part and just me observing behavior described above.

Geryon

If i may ask what did you use to view you hiveext.log? i tried with notpad++ but my log is to large, any document viewer that can open a 650 mb log file?

If i may ask what did you use to view you hiveext.log? i tried with notpad++ but my log is to large, any document viewer that can open a 650 mb log file?

I use notepad++ as well. I normally copy the hiveext.log locally and delete it on the server every other day or so. That way it doesn't get too large. However we all procrastinate and I've had similar issues in the past. I've used a free filesplitter: http://www.filesplitter.org/ to make the log in more manageable chunks so that notepad++ can open them. I would try that.

Cheers,

Geryon

• Like 1

I use notepad++ as well. I normally copy the hiveext.log locally and delete it on the server every other day or so. That way it doesn't get too large. However we all procrastinate and I've had similar issues in the past. I've used a free filesplitter: http://www.filesplitter.org/ to make the log in more manageable chunks so that notepad++ can open them. I would try that.

Cheers,

Geryon

Thank you very much sir i will get on this right away!

Hi what is the new hive IP? In the hiveext.log it's flipped flopped from 184.###.###.### to 173.###.###.###. Is the latter the new hive IP? Apologies for the pseudo obfuscation since I wasn't sure about the policy on posting the hive IP.

Just want to confirm it has switched over to the official hive and not over to server host's public hive (if that's even possible). I only ask this because I notice in my limited sample size some public hives hosted by the same server host had rolled over while others have not. Anyways wanted to know if this was simply spurious correlation on my part and just me observing behavior described above.

Geryon

the old database ip is the 184.xx.xx.xx my Hiveext.log goes back to 3-18-2013 lol So how can it be forced to connect to 173.xx.xx.xx?

maybe editing the hiveext.ini line 42 show hostname or ip i would imagine ip = 173.xx.xx.xx would force it to connect to the new database only correct?

Edited by Bondue

Not sure Bondue. All day my server has been connecting to the new IP however my server is now in an unknown state. :-( Things getting worse and worse. I might try that once I can can start my server again. I'll let you know on my end.

Cheers,

Geryon

the old database ip is the 184.xx.xx.xx my Hiveext.log goes back to 3-18-2013 lol So how can it be forced to connect to 173.xx.xx.xx?

maybe editing the hiveext.ini line 42 show hostname or ip i would imagine ip = 173.xx.xx.xx would force it to connect to the new database only correct?

could someone confirm this? If so, then we played the last couple days on the old hive an everything would be lost doesnt it?

Or would it be possible to safe our stuff via tents or what ever? Because losing the progress of an hole weekend would be pretty sick :/

I'm not even sure its an issue any more my server has made several restarts and we are still on the new database.

this does just affect PUBLIC HIVE right?

Yes this is our database such as vehicle location and players saves.

So is the "new hive" the rolled back version moving forward? or will the "new hive" be data saved from say last night?

So is the "new hive" the rolled back version moving forward? or will the "new hive" be data saved from say last night?

Looks that way, I must say this is the worse server mirgration I've seen in a long time for a video game. As a administrator, it would have been far easier to take the entire hive down and migrate it fully. As of right now it seems like we still have "two" official hives... one from 3 days ago, and one from the current day.

Hi,

I realise this was causing issues for you. But we've done what we can for the few servers that still use public hive for the "mod" version of dayz.

Support for public "hive" officially ended sometimes back in august with the release of support for private hive.

We asked people to migrate away from it as no official support for it would remain at the time.

On the 8th of May, we got word that the hoster that had the current hive needed to shutdown. On the 10th the hoster setup the new box at new DC.

There was no option to move the old box or IP so the only option was to setup a new box with new IP.

Hive was fully migrated. But due to issues with the old box there was no way for us to shut it down fully.

You can think of it as the bitcoin fork issue when there were two bitcoin chains being worked on at the same time.

HIVE was fully migrated over to the new box (DB backup from the same hour/day).

Normally this would be no issue as it just requires to change the remote connectivity certificates. One of the cdn mirrors were stale and did not update the files properly, that affected mirror admin was notified when it was discovered. Basicly due to round robin setup of DNS the stale mirror with old connection details still made servers connect to the old server.

If you are still having issues (for example if your ISP has some proxy in the way that cached the file) you can add this manually to your hosts record (read up on how to edit HOSTS file in your OS)

cdn.dayz.nu 46.253.206.193

I'd love to just shutdown the old hive entirely BUT there's some statistics still depending on it, and that box is severely broken (meaning no remote access at the moment).

It'll be forcefully shutdown on the 20th by the hosting company.

The OLD hive IP is 184.95.33.66

the NEW hive IP is 173.208.122.66

OLD and NEW hive got synced on the 10th of May. That's the last SYNC as old hive isnt meant to be used (but was accidently due to a stale mirror - fixed).

Locking this thread as old HIVE is replaced with new HIVE.

The stale connection certificate is updated (please reboot your box if you still have issues or use the solution above).

PM me if you still have issues anyway and Ill try to help out.