leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

Come on guys. Steam is the most weird excuse. Since when we had to wait for Steam for something? I don't even have Arma 2 on Steam. That's really not an excuse to delay this.

Doesn't seem strange to me at all, they have signed an agreement to have their product distributed by Steam, no doubt one of the clauses of this agreement is that Steam gets the new releases at the same time that it is made public, For whatever reason the guy who deals with steam is at E3 meaning there will be a delay getting the new patch onto steam and so the public release will have to wait also.

• Like 1

Have they sold the mod for Steam or how Steam can restrict the release? Now I really know why modders hate Workshop. This is why I don't like Steam.

Have they sold the mod for Steam or how Steam can restrict the release? Now I really know why modders hate Workshop. This is why I don't like Steam.

Don't forget the mod is available through Steam and many people use that as their way of staying up to date. If they were release the patch here and on Commander etc before Steam is able to update it, it would be a nightmare. It'd lead to mass confusion and split the community with half playing the new patch and half playing the old one.

Steam users should have used to not beign up to date with retail ones in Arma 2. At least it was that way with the normal patches before :D

Don't forget the mod is available through Steam and many people use that as their way of staying up to date. If they were release the patch here and on Commander etc before Steam is able to update it, it would be a nightmare. It'd lead to mass confusion and split the community with half playing the new patch and half playing the old one.

I can't really see how more nightmare it could be if you release the patch on dayzcommander etc before steam as it can be right now :huh:

At least let the possibilty to the player to choose if they want to pass on the new version or not :thumbsup: in DayzCommander.

We are waiting for this update for a long time, and after you said that today would be good for a release, its just super frustrating to see that it will not be the case... Please don't make announcement if you're not 100% sure :( :( :emptycan:

I can't really see how more nightmare it could be if you release the patch on dayzcommander etc before steam as it can be right now :huh:

At least let the possibilty to the player to choose if they want to pass on the new version or not :thumbsup: in DayzCommander.

We are waiting for this update for a long time, and after you said that today would be good for a release, its just super frustrating to see that it will not be the case... Please don't make announcement if you're not 100% sure :( :( :emptycan:

It's pretty simple, many people find the process of running a free mod for a game and keeping it updated confusing enough as it is. To have 2 versions running at the same time would cause even more confusion. That's it really. Of course it's frustrating for people that have been waiting, welcome to the world of mods where bugs, missed dates and tears are an everyday reality.

It's a fairly substantial patch by the looks of it so hopefully once E3 is over and it's rolled out we'll all be happy bunnies.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

welcome to the world of free mods where bugs, missed dates and tears are an everyday reality.

its not like if we were already use to it now with Dayz... <_<

I agree... you guys, as in the ENTIRE DEV TEAM, have embarassed yourselves horribly.

Normally I don't do name-calling... but you all are just about the most unprofessional bunch of devs I've ever seen, at least when it comes to interfacing with the community.

This patch, while its content might be awesome, is a complete and total failure from a Public Relations point of view.... 1.) it was announced waaaaaaaaay too early. 2.) The dates set by the team have been breeched, at least once, possibly more than once. 3.) You guys have failed to learn from the mistakes of devs that have come before you.

All of these problems the DayZ Mod Dev Team are facing have happened in the past with other games and other dev teams.

A bad dev team never learns from their own mistakes... a good dev team does learn from their own mistakes... a genius dev team learns from the mistakes of others.

Unfortunately, you are not a genius dev team, you're merely a semi-good dev team.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER GUYS!

Yeah insulting the devs is a great idea

You do realise that they have every right to say screw you and not release anything at all seeing as its a free mod

So go ahead and call then names and tell them how much better you could do their job and start writing up you rage posts ready for when they say "screw you, if your gonna be a baby we will keep this update to ourselves and let you cry some more"

They are not obliged to anything at all, so stop whining

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

...............................................siiiiiiiiiiiiike!

:lol:

no need to get your panties in a bunch guys. go stock your tents and wait till weds/thurs

Edited by Skinwalker

it's worth mentioning that they do it for free too. They balance it around actual real life jobs, kids etc and still find time and the motivation to keep the content coming. When the SA was announced many people said the mod would get dropped yet here we are months later about to receive another substantial patch.

I understand waiting can be frustrating but insulting people that give their free time to allow us to continue playing just seems a bit harsh and very ungrateful.

• Like 5

It's pretty simple, many people find the process of running a free mod for a game and keeping it updated confusing enough as it is.

fucking morons then ain't they

I still don't get why people get so angry. I don't care if the patch is released tomorrow or in two months, I have plenty ot stuff to do until then. Same with the SA. So empty are your lives?

think the basics is that people know its being held back becuas probably steam want it held back that is all

its not cause its not ready for us to use its cause another party says so so people get pissed.

tbh how many people play through dayz commander with the mod the majority. they could of uploaded it already its not like they didint know they were going to e3 :lol:

as said its probably to do with steamsaying you dont upload that or else cause there is no other logical reason not to upload the small patch which on a decent connection would take minutes.

patch is just over 100 mb thats it!

Edited by dgeesio

Its not an insult to tell someone to get their shit together when their shit is clearly not together.

Sometimes, its appropriate to tell people to get their shit together.

I understand its free, but that doesn't excuse anyone from not having their shit together.

For what its worth... I never said I could do the Dev's job better than them... all I know I could do better is not disappointing the public with false information.

I don't care if they hold the patch for another 6 months, what I do care about is being told that it is coming "soon" and then being told is coming "on Monday", and then set aside the day, only to have the Dev's go "Yeah, our dude isn't here right now... he's on the other side of the planet right now... our bad".

Its the unprofessionalism that is infuriating, not so much the lack of a patch being released today or not. It is inexcusable, free mod or not.

This isn't my first time waiting for a game or a patch by the way... been playing PC games since MYST was first originally released back in the early 90's... and I've seen all sorts of Dev mess-ups, and this particular mess up is as old as PC gaming itself. Its frustrating that even still in this day and age, developers have not become any better at solving these types of problems. Its really disappointing to see games becoming more and more advanced and fun to play, but developers are still the same ol' hard-to-trust types they always were.

Even my drug dealer is more believable when it comes to being punctual than most devs are.... and he is the flakiest person I know... he might tell you he's coming at 7:00pm, and show up at 9:00pm, but at least he's coming sometime that day. When a game developer says February 2014, most people I know automatically add another year and a half to that date... so that Feb 2014 becomes July 2015. This window of error is just plainly unacceptable within this industry, and the fact that the window of error is growing instead of shrinking is alarming. To some degree, I believe this why PC gaming is dying in general... and why gaming as a whole isn't taken as seriously as it could be... you wait for 6 months or a year and sometimes past its originally projected due-date for a game to come out and then you're disappointed because you've gotten your hopes so artificially high in that year long window you've been anticipating the game.

Other people see us get so hyped up over these games, they watch us play them, and go "you waited that long, and hyped yourself up so much, for THAT game?, what a waste of time..." and then gaming takes another hit.

Dev's need to realize that its sooooooo much better to just shut up and not say anything, than to make false promises.

Even if the game is worth the wait, and the delays led to a much better game and that game goes on to be the greatest game of all time, its still not right to put out false information.

I, along with a lot of people, are mystified at how you guys bungled up this thing with Steam and E3... it's not like these things snuck up on you guys... we all knew E3 was coming from a loooong ways off... Its not like you guys didn't have time to prepare for this particular scenario.... and if the problem is on Steam's end of things... why the hell didn't THEY prepare for this? Is communication really THAT broken between the DayZ team and Steam?

DayZ needs a better PR team... a more professional team.

I'm not saying any of this to be mean or spiteful or hateful.

I am simply saying it because I am so frustrated with the state of the gaming industry in general.

Edited by BongMcPuffin

I agree... you guys, as in the ENTIRE DEV TEAM, have embarassed yourselves horribly.

Normally I don't do name-calling... but you all are just about the most unprofessional bunch of devs I've ever seen, at least when it comes to interfacing with the community.

This patch, while its content might be awesome, is a complete and total failure from a Public Relations point of view.... 1.) it was announced waaaaaaaaay too early. 2.) The dates set by the team have been breeched, at least once, possibly more than once. 3.) You guys have failed to learn from the mistakes of devs that have come before you.

All of these problems the DayZ Mod Dev Team are facing have happened in the past with other games and other dev teams.

A bad dev team never learns from their own mistakes... a good dev team does learn from their own mistakes... a genius dev team learns from the mistakes of others.

Unfortunately, you are not a genius dev team, you're merely a semi-good dev team.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER GUYS!

YEAAH GUIZ, GEAT JA SHEET TOGETHA ON DIS FREE MOAAD, HUR DUR I HAETZ U, U SUKCK !

/sarcasm off

@BongMcBuffing you should be glad that the Dev team got the patch forced out only one day later.

I'm just going to say thanks for this patch, I appreciate the work you put in and don't listen to the people who clearly don't understand what you guys have to go through with this mod

Being a modder of other games I gave up a while ago because of the demand people put on you as they don't realise how much hard work goes into this kind of thing

Hopefully ill get to play it soon as unfortunate timing had just messed up my Internet connection

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 3