leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

Can anyone elaborate on the added lootable buildings?

The buildings will still be non-enterable but loot can now be found outside and around these buildings.

• Like 1

The buildings will still be non-enterable but loot can now be found outside and around these buildings.

I guess its safe to assume the buildings will spawn from the same loot tables as their enter-able types?

I guess its safe to assume the buildings will spawn from the same loot tables as their enter-able types?

I think your assumption is dead-on.

It was a more recent addition to the upcoming patch. I'd suggest having this new outdoor loot on a custom table. There's probably some stuff, when left outdoors, you wouldn't find in very good condition :P

Edit:

From another post of mine in the suggestion forum:

A quickie update regarding 1.7.7 for anyone who's curious:

- We were told to wait for Dean to return before releasing any patches (unfortunately that was a 2 month wait)

- In that time, the team decided to work on additional stuff to make up for the time we all had to wait

- In the current 1.7.7 build, zeds got a bit fubared and the few active coders we have are working on fixing that asap.

- Marcel and I are working on finishing up some new changes to the blood UI icon and that should be finished very soon.

- After zeds are fixed (or before) we'll then have to wait for Dean to review the list of changes and approve / scrap anything we've added or changed. With SA alpha testing and E3 coming up, I have a feeling this may take even more time unless Dean can free up a few minutes to review the new change log.

• Like 4

-UPDATE- 1.7.7 will not be out until rocket returns so hold onto the socks

So I hope everyone has seen the new features coming

I'm looking forward to

-fixed zombies-

-Upgraded pistol damage-

Clip combining

and lastly

return of the ol Bandit skin

woo great patch. Cant wait for it to go live

-Updated-

http://dayzmod.com/f...mmunity-builds/

Link to the Rolling change log,

Joeyslucky22 has posted the most recent patch log below.

UPDATE

-awesome new stashes-

https://a248.e.akama...24132692e6a7067

https://a248.e.akama...23678582e6a7067

MultiQuote

-New Update-

I hear that Razor is looking for testers so, help with that might make things go faster.

and when i say heard I meant He made a post about it somewhere on the forums

http://dayzmod.com/f...ng-for-testers/

Hey, Just Wondering How The Development Is Going ;D

It was a more recent addition to the upcoming patch. I'd suggest having this new outdoor loot on a custom table. There's probably some stuff, when left outdoors, you wouldn't find in very good condition :P

Edit:

- We were told to wait for Dean to return before releasing any patches (unfortunately that was a 2 month wait)

- In that time, the team decided to work on additional stuff to make up for the time we all had to wait

- In the current 1.7.7 build, zeds got a bit fubared and the few active coders we have are working on fixing that asap.

- Marcel and I are working on finishing up some new changes to the blood UI icon and that should be finished very soon.

- After zeds are fixed (or before) we'll then have to wait for Dean to review the list of changes and approve / scrap anything we've added or changed. With SA alpha testing and E3 coming up, I have a feeling this may take even more time unless Dean can free up a few minutes to review the new change log.

Thanks Joe.

Thanks Joe.

Hey Razor, are you still searching for testers ? I would love to be a guinea pig :P

inb4, keep up the good work.

Mushy's Exploits in the Beta Patch!

I was in the beta test of the new patch and, after over 9000 hours of looting Cherno, I bring you these. Enjoy.

Various Trash Loot:

Super Zombies:

New Models/Items:

Infected Survivor Camps (In random area):

Old Bandit Skin:

Various Changes:

Edited by HappyMushroom
  • Like 5

...I have a feeling this may take even more time unless Dean can free up a few minutes to review the new change log.

I can understand that 99% of your efforts are now focused rathen on the "real game" then on the mod and i am pretty sure that you gained a lot of knowledge from the 1.7.7 for the SA from your internal/closed testing. However i hope you guys (and especially Dean) dont forget the fact that here are a lot of players who are patiently waiting for some changes!

...So if its just about "free a few minutes to review the change log" maybe he can do this while breakfast or someone can read it to him while hes on the toilet or taking a shower! ;)

And btw amazing work on the journal Joey! :thumbsup:

Edit:

Sounds good :3.

Also, with the custom loot table, it could work well with the crafting system, say, finding 2 broken arrows outside and crafting them into 1 "good" arrow.

Dam I want this to come out. Would be a good way spend some time before E3.

Giggidy

This thread is still going strong

but soon

It will fade away to nothingness when the patch finally comes out

Giggidy

This thread is still going strong

but soon

It will fade away to nothingness when the patch finally comes out

if you would just have said "bump" it would also have been ok ;)

Edited by m.cab
  • Like 1

... when IF the patch finally comes out

This.

I hope a lesson has been learned with this thread. Don't provide a changelog for an update when you're not at least 1-2 weeks from making it live. This thread has been the biggest DayZ dick tease ever. Nearly a full two months now since it was announced to the forums and it's still not here. That's kind of ridiculous.

Dean Hall just needs to let them do what they want with the mod, development keeps games alive, as soon as it stops everyone quits. All my friends have stopped and so have I because there is no development, even buggy patches would bring us back.

I don't understand why Dean Hall wants everything to be so polished, the game didn't get popular because it was polished, it got popular because it was constantly being developed on with innovative ideas.

• Like 1

thing is it should of been out for now tbh.

probably more to do with waiting for rockets approval.

• Like 1

Just let them take their time, then it wont be broke upon release.

Just let them take their time, then it wont be broke upon release.

whocares if it is? patches in the past have always broke things, at least it was something that kept you playing.

whocares if it is? patches in the past have always broke things, at least it was something that kept you playing.

It's because rocket was getting everything done the way he wanted it. Now that it's in the hands of others I'm glad they need his permission instead of just taking it as they please. They'd screw it over so hard there'd be nothing of dayz left.

Edited by HazZarD87
  • Like 1

We got the all clear today from Rocket no changes needed :-). Were just going to wrap a few issues and do a weekends test and aim for Monday as release day.

Thanks

• Like 21

We got the all clear today from Rocket no changes needed :-). Were just going to wrap a few issues and do a weekends test and aim for Monday as release day.

Thanks

good news indeed