Sign in to follow this  
applejaxc

Dual Wielding (not guns)

Hi.

So imagine this:

You have a flashlight and a pistol, but no NVGs.

If you use the flashlight, you die because you don't have a gun out.

If you use the gun, you die because you don't have a flashlight out.

(Notice how those sentences are the exact same length?)

You have pistol and a knife.

You see a player and need to shoot him (he's a bandit or whatever other reason), but you want to kill the zombie in your way without alerting him. So you wield both weapons.

Dual wield = reduced accuracy. Gun + knife = no iron sights; right-click = knife (or maybe MMB = knife?!)

• Like 6

I really like this, and I hope it gets incorporated in some way that doesn't make it unbalancing.

• Like 1

Flashlight and gun makes sense, no reason to oppose. Gun and knife, maybe, although I think it would be extremely difficult to kill someone with a knife, gun and hatchet FTW.

I hope it gets incorporated in some way that doesn't make it unbalancing.

That's the most important part of any suggestion, no matter how good it is.

• Like 1

I just hope this idea with the knife and pistol doesn't turn out shit like the mordern shitfare series by inshitiny ward with the whole overpowered glock+tactical knife.

Edited by LancerG2

I want to have 2 baseball bats.

SKYRIM STYLE

Dual handling is realistic and i'd even go so far to say you should be able to hold two handguns, though reloading should be a major problem.

• Like 2

just put one back in the holster while u reload the other one. or it could be done movie style with some sorta quick load system on your belt (not serious about movie style).

You mean throw the new mags into the air, throw the used mags away, do a combat roll and catch the mags with your guns to reload and shoot?

I'd like to see a version of DayZ like that - DayZ Hollywood.

• Like 4

Give us a flashlight cap instead of a flashlight. I wanna have hands free for my guns!

I just hope this idea with the knife and pistol doesn't turn out shit like the mordern shitfare series by inshitiny ward.

Wow... I mean, I know we all hate CoD over here... but wow... I feel like my secret ownership of an Xbox makes me a Jew hiding in someone's attic. XD

Dual handling is realistic and i'd even go so far to say you should be able to hold two handguns, though reloading should be a major problem.

1: It's possible, and you can even be accurate when you shoot at shoulder level, but shots in front of you, but it's not practical "BANGBANG, BANGBANG, BANGBANG... shit gotta reload." There'd be no point in taking dual-gun over iron sights unless you *really* suck and have *a lot* of ammo

You mean throw the new mags into the air, throw the used mags away, do a combat roll and catch the mags with your guns to reload and shoot?

I'd like to see a version of DayZ like that - DayZ Hollywood.

You could play on a version of DayZ where cars are everywhere and all the cars that spawn only have 1% health, so there are constant explosions during gunfights? x13 blood/gore effects? Time to get Notepad++ out and start scripting again. Ugh, you people give me too much work... XD

Give us a flashlight cap instead of a flashlight. I wanna have hands free for my guns!

By "Flashlight cap" do you mean a hat/headstrap with a flashlight on it? That could be cool.

how about being able to attach the flashlight on the gun like the glock is already incorparated that attatchment maybe you could make a ducktape new item to ducktape it on the rifles mostly.

Your Ideas sound great man. Also slashing knife will be hard to kill with, but in the other hand shanking knife, now that's another story..Shank some one in the aorta. One knife kill.

I believe the head torch/flashlight is going to be in SA.

Edited by DemonGroover

There are flashlights in DayZ?

Wow... I mean, I know we all hate CoD over here... but wow... I feel like my secret ownership of an Xbox makes me a Jew hiding in someone's attic. XD

Woah I own an Xbox too. But Infinity ward slapped Call Of Duty everywhere and pretty much just turned into an evil corperate asshole, pushing good people like Rocket and good games into a discount bin. Mainstream titles like all of duty's (maybe not the really old activision ones) should just be burned, The games and the shitty community.

Edited by LancerG2
  • Like 1

Hi.

So imagine this:

You see a player and need to shoot him (he's a bandit or whatever other reason), but you want to kill the zombie in your way without alerting him. So you wield both weapons.

Dual wield = reduced accuracy. Gun + knife = no iron sights; right-click = knife (or maybe MMB = knife?!)

Don't overestimate a knife...you think the bandit wouldn't hear people struggling in hand to hand combat?

I'm all for flashlight+pistol, but it wouldn't be easy to do with the current inventory system. You'd have to combine the two into a new item that can be equipped as a secondary weapon, then use that, with a variety of custom animations and arm positions. as far a dual-wielding guns goes, I want to see a Tetragrammaton Cleric fighting zombies just as much as you do, but it's not a great fit here. Too overpowered.

Hi.

So imagine this:

I'll leave this here for future reference:

Some additional notes:

• Some Flashlights could be used as clubbing weapon, famous examples include large D cell Maglite Flashlights made from aluminium or lightweight steel.

• Chemlights and Flares are held out in front of the user, like a reverse FBI technique.Flares however reduce accuracy and visual aid significantly (ever try holding a bright hot flickering flare while shooting a handgun?)

By "Flashlight cap" do you mean a hat/headstrap with a flashlight on it? That could be cool.

400.jpg

4-hard-hat-torch.jpg

or something homemade. Its not that hard to make a flashlight hat. Hell even the most inept person in the world could prolly get it right by accident after a few attempts.

Hat + Battery + wires + bulb + something to stick them together such as tape or rubber band = hattorch.

But even then, they could just add the hardhat version to construction sites or something. Give it a relatively high spawn rate to replace the torch, or give it you to spawn with. /shrug.

Edited by Talibambi

Don't overestimate a knife...you think the bandit wouldn't hear people struggling in hand to hand combat?

So the knife should make short-range stabbing/cutting sounds, and the user should make grunts and ughs? That could work.

I'm all for flashlight+pistol, but it wouldn't be easy to do with the current inventory system. You'd have to combine the two into a new item that can be equipped as a secondary weapon, then use that, with a variety of custom animations and arm positions. as far a dual-wielding guns goes, I want to see a Tetragrammaton Cleric fighting zombies just as much as you do, but it's not a great fit here. Too overpowered.

I had a conversation the other day about D&D classes in DayZ. The #1 vote was Cleric for "Turn undead" powers, second vote was sorcerer, and my vote was Ranger.

So the knife should make short-range stabbing/cutting sounds, and the user should make grunts and ughs? That could work.

Last time I got stabbed it sounded something like this:

"FUUUCKING HELL!"

Last time I got stabbed it sounded something like this:

"FUUUCKING HELL!"

Last time I got stabbed by something, it was in the back.

"Did I just get stabbed? Oh, cool I guess." *wait a second* "WAIT WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU STAB ME FOR?"