supercraft360

Dayz SA to be a failure

Hello everyone,

Over the past few months, I have been closely watching twitter updates, devblogs and just stuff about standalone posted by rocket in general. Rocket has the idea that everyone is into scarce starting loadouts and low vehicle spawn rates, which I have nothing against, BUT, this also means there will be no private hive dayz servers which I am extremely unhappy about. If this is to happen, I probably will not buy SA and stick with the mod - where it all started. I am quiet honestly confused with rocket's decisions as they will impact the future of his career. Because if he messes Dayz Standalone up, who is going to actually want to be in associated with him? Yeah - give him a chance, but this game is highly anticipated and if OP does not deliver, all hell goes loose. This will probably get deleted, but I am entitled to make my own suggestion about how standalone should run.

Yeah - standalone will be good, but will it rise above the mod? Or will it turn into a lame warz like game. Rocket, if you read this on MT Everest, please understand that by not appealing to more "Casual" users, you are missing out on a big audience which will make dayz the game of the year.

Edit:

Please excuse me if you thought I was the kind of guy that likes starting with a mp5sd with steak and walking around corners finding vehicles, no. I like having barely any vehicles on my server, and higher zombie spawn rates. What I don't like is going on to public servers and having fuckhead scream on side channel and just camp spawn, which will still be a issue in SA. Trust me, the first thing you will hear when you first logon to standalone, is prebs shouting the their microphones and camping spawns... This will always be a issue, unless rules are put in place, and since their will be no private hives at first, we will have to deal with prebs. That's why disable side channel and have teamspeak so I can monitor it much easier. Dayz would be nothing without custom maps, on youtube over 50% of videos are taken on custom maps, so are live streams, and rocket has already said that community made maps will not be avaible as they can open holes to hackers, but isn't battleeye and VAC getting upgraded and put in? Regardless, I see his concerns, but it's just another reason for no private hive servers, done deal.

Thanks for reading,

Josh

Edited by J-dub
  • Like 6

Well, as Rocket has said many times, he just wants to make the best game he can. That means making the game he wants, not trying to appeal to the mass market. You may not like it but those are the facts.

Let's not forget what bought us all to DayZ to start with, it offers something different from the mainstream.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 24

Hello everyone,

Over the past few months, I have been closely watching twitter updates, devblogs and just stuff about standalone posted by rocket in general. Rocket has the idea that everyone is into scarce starting loadouts and low vehicle spawn rates, which I have nothing against, BUT, this also means there will be no private hive dayz servers which I am extremely unhappy about. If this is to happen, I probably will not buy SA and stick with the mod - where it all started. I am quiet honestly confused with rocket's decisions as they will impact the future of his career. Because if he messes Dayz Standalone up, who is going to actually want to be in associated with him? Yeah - give him a chance, but this game is highly anticipated and if OP does not deliver, all hell goes loose. This will probably get deleted, but I am entitled to make my own suggestion about how standalone should run.

Yeah - standalone will be good, but will it rise above the mod? Or will it turn into a lame warz like game. Rocket, if you read this on MT Everest, please understand that by not appealing to more "Casual" users, you are missing out on a big audience which will make dayz the game of the year.

Thanks for reading,

Josh

cool story brah ...

• Like 1

Well, as Rocket has said many times, he just wants to make the best game he can. That means making the game he wants, not trying to appeal to the mass market. You may not like it but those are the facts.

Let's not forget what bought us all to DayZ to start with, it offers something different from the mainstream.

I have faith in you guys salutes.

Rocket said nothing about no private hives, there will be some eventually.

Of course it will rise above the mod! There will be many features in the game what you can't get in the mod e.g Dynamic loot spawn and the Disease/infection system (What has never been done in a game before).

• Like 3

For those who don't have time to read the initial post, allow me to summarise:

"I don't like a specific design decision, so the whole game is going to be a failure".

• Like 18

For those who don't have time to read the initial post, allow me to summarise:

"I don't like a specific design decision, so the whole game is going to be a failure".

No, I never said the whole game was to be a failure, the title was suppose to have a question mark at the end of it. The game design has nothing at all to do with it, it's the way rocket has to micromanage everything to his own liking.

Edit;

Rocket himself has never showed an interest in private hive servers, and he is trying to make a alternative for that by allowing servers admins to customize their public servers more. Watch him @ pax east - more customization for public server owners - not one mention about private hive the whole time.

Edited by J-dub

Oh yeah, no private hives will make this game a failure.

Oh yeah, no private hives will make this game a failure.

you going to move this? maybe dayz general discussion?

FYI private hives will make appearance late (not right away) in dayz standalone, only because of testing and polishing purposes.

Edited by h3retic

FYI private hives will make appearance late (not right away) in dayz standalone, only because of testing and polishing purposes.

Where are your sources? References please.

repost:

Rocket himself has never showed an interest in private hive servers, and he is trying to make a alternative for that by allowing servers admins to customize their public servers more. Watch him @ pax east - more customization for public server owners - not one mention about private hive the whole time.

Edited by J-dub

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reading,

Josh

What a bullshit story man! Talking about premature conclusions....

You dont even know how the SA will be eventually.

So why dont you stick to the mod for now and comment on the SA when it is actually here?

• Like 2

The mod as it is has become a failure. It went soooooooo far away from the original idea now everyone expects the SA to be the same have everything at start DM mode, hold your dick and double click play, no challenge game. I hope Rocket stays true to his ideals of what kind of game the SA should be, this way people who don't like it because they can't just randomly shoot everybody will stick to the mod and it's private hives. And i hope they will enforce rent only servers like in the BF series so everyone has the same difficulty setting on every server no matter where they decide to play.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 8

What a bullshit story man! Talking about premature conclusions....

You dont even know how the SA will be eventually.

So why dont you stick to the mod for now and comment on the SA when it is actually here?

So why don't you stop telling me what to do, and how in anyway could it be a "bullshit" story if it is indeed my own opinion. You my friend are narrow minded.

• Like 1

Hmm, lets take a tour back in time shall we? and maybe to the future.

After the first release dayz about April there were almost no private hives, didn't matter because there wasn't wide spread hacking.

After about eight months when hacking became widespread, the private hives became a more common find than usual.

TO THE FUTURE!

SA will start with no private hives for a couple of months.

SA about 5-6 months later private hive support may be released and they will once again not be as popular.

If hacking becomes a bit of trouble people may just hop between private and public.

This is just what I think may happen.

• Like 5

Private hives will most likely be a part of the future of the SA but not until it's out of development.

• Like 1

Hello there

OP I understand your point and indeed the SA may not be the game for you. But for many others it will be a *hardcore* survivalist game for those that don't want full load outs and 200+ vehicles.

The mod will continue and will likely copy stuff from the SA and will continue to cater for those who want a more casual experience and shades of grey in between.

Lets see how Rocket pushes the game in development and then lets decide whether its a damp squib or not..

Rgds

LoK

• Like 6

So why don't you stop telling me what to do, and how in anyway could it be a "bullshit" story if it is indeed my own opinion. You my friend are narrow minded.

Im not telling you what to do, merely suggesting.

Nor am I narrow minded dear sir! You are!!

Predicting all horrible stuff is going to overcome the SA, how things are going to be etc... and you haven't even played it!

Oh and is my comment "bullshit story" not also an opinion?

Edited by Azziax

Where are your sources? References please.

repost:

I'm think he said it in the latest video blog. I definitely remember him saying it in one of the vlogs.
  • Like 1

You will stick to the mod "where it all started" and yet right now the mod is absolutely nothing like it was when it started. In fact, the main idea with the standalone seems to be to capture the initial mod atmosphere with bugs and limitations of the mod removed. Rocket is not going to say f**k you to casual players but he will make the game the way he wants it to be even if it means not everybody is going to be happy and he has my respect for that.

• Like 11

if you want a game made for a mass audience go play Cod, see how shit that has become? yeah thats what happens when devs just aim for a mass market

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

Over the past few months, I have been closely watching twitter updates, devblogs and just stuff about standalone posted by rocket in general. Rocket has the idea that everyone is into scarce starting loadouts and low vehicle spawn rates, which I have nothing against, BUT, this also means there will be no private hive dayz servers which I am extremely unhappy about.

So what if there is no private hives? Just means theres no admins spawning in weapons for themselves, no 200+ vehicle servers, no "lel start with peestol n map n hatchet n compass n food n drink n stoofz," and no side chat. At least, I don't think there will be side chat. Anybody have any info on this, please feel free to correct me.

• Like 3

J-Dub, don't worry, i don't care if you play the stand alone or not.

Yay! lets play a game with Vehicles around every corner, and spawn with a full load out! AS-50 Thermal, Ghillie, NV's. Because i know for damn sure that if the Apocalypse did happen there would be all of those weapons within 100 miles of where i live...

I wish i could go back in time and birth slap you. Want to play casual. Go play BF3, K thx bye

• Like 2