*Exile* Sami

What ever Happend to the original DayZ?

Hello there, Sami here, and by the title you might think this is just some useless rant, but im not here to start fights, and not to complain about everything possible, im just curious to hear everyones opinions on this, What the hell happend to DayZ? Well Heres mine;

So, ive been a commited DayZ player since the very day it came out, those days were great, i had no clue where i was going, and i used no map to my benefit (Ex, DayZDB when it came out) because i knew that would be no fun, yes it would be a great to get loot, but heck, DayZ is a "fight for your life". So, then started loot cycling due to this, people would constantly do this, but hey, no biggy. Soon after, when the population rapidly grew, their was the huge issue over banditry. My god, every single day there would be hundreds of posts about bandits and how its stupid and should be banned. Pathetic people, thats all i have to say. Not soon after, came the huge issue of hackers, which is still persistant to this day, but no where as bad. This nearly killed DayZ, because there were only Offical Servers at this time and their was little protection, so guess what, the birth of private hives.....This is where it all begins. Private hives, where players can play hacker free! But of course, we have those people who must have the most players out there, and the big servers began competing. Soon i started noticing new things, such as "Custom Vehicles!" or "Custom Guns!" Everbody loved this. Well, most. Things just got worse, and now a days all you see are "Debug Monitor!" , "Auto Refuel", does it really hurt to take 5 seconds and fill up a damn jerry can? "600 Vehicles!" <---Complete bullshit c: or even worse "APACHES!" Apaches, in DayZ? Are you serious? No, just no so i will end here. Thanks for reading, and i would love to get some comments!

Edited by *Exile* Sami
  • Like 6

There are plenty of vanilla private hives out there.

But yes, I hate the servers that spawn you with any gear other than what you should have [flashlight, bandage and painkillers].

Plenty of vanilla private hives? Really? Because I'm having a heck of a time finding any that are populated. Can you share some links? Not being sarcastic, in really looking for some good vanilla private hives.

There are plenty of vanilla private hives out there.

But yes, I hate the servers that spawn you with any gear other than what you should have [flashlight, bandage and painkillers].

Oh those are a pain, even worse, i once joined a server that had claimed "Hardcore", I spawned in, checked my gear, i was loaded with an M14, NVG's, M9SD, blood bags, coyote backpack, morphine, and even antio-biotics! Maybe they meant Hardcore survival from the bandits? Pfft

Edited by *Exile* Sami

I have people spawn in with the standard bandage, PK's and flashlight plus BeanZ and a Coke, besides that they're on their own. I think the PvP mentality has taken over and the survival aspect chucked out the window for a lot of servers. It seems to be the popular thing to do but meh, I was never into popularity contests ;)

Custom loadouts(pay to win) seems like another tactic servers use as well *sigh*

I agree about the helicopters I think there should only be hueys little birds and maybe a black hawk.

I saw everyone giving so much love to BB servers just to join one and run into 6 Barracks, 3 Medical tents, and a grocery store in Kamenka. I feel for you man, even the popular communities are plagued with added things making the game a cakewalk straight to high-end gear PvP.

*nice group of people though dont get me wrong*

- I understand BB has a Hardcore server as well, but ive never seen more than 5 people on it. The only ones that were populated literally had Barracks all over the place. too easy people.

I will be sticking to the DeadlyGaming Vanilla Private Hive from now on.

Custom loadouts(pay to win) seems like another tactic servers use as well *sigh*

these servers also are a joke. *Donate 10 Dollars and start out with a DMR* my ass. people who actually give these servers money are the Pathetic ones. I would like nothing more than for all those donating to get gear to stay on those servers. Keeps them out of my hair.

• Like 1

DayZ in its best form died with the public hive. I'm very excited for the return of public hive in the standalone. No more of this 200000000000 vehicle and spawn with all of the essentials bullshit.

• Like 1

DayZ in its best form died with the public hive. I'm very excited for the return of public hive in the standalone. No more of this 200000000000 vehicle and spawn with all of the essentials bullshit.

Agreed, but lets hope once standalone allows/provids private servers, that they dont kill it again...

The players on my server spawn with 2 bandages, flares, compass, czech pouch. Our donation perks don't offer weapons. We added vehicles to our map, but only to try and make it seem more realistic. Personally I think it is stupid to have hundreds of destructive vehicles, but I also think the default amount is WAY to low.

• Like 1

Agreed, but lets hope once standalone allows/provids private servers, that they dont kill it again...

I hope that they don't give private server owners the ability to alter TOO much. But I am almost certain it will happen again, some people just prefer spawning and finding a military weapon and 3 cars in Kamenka. I personally feel like my character means more when I know that what I have gathered isn't easy to obtain.

I saw everyone giving so much love to BB servers just to join one and run into 6 Barracks, 3 Medical tents, and a grocery store in Kamenka. I feel for you man, even the popular communities are plagued with added things making the game a cakewalk straight to high-end gear PvP.

*nice group of people though dont get me wrong*

- I understand BB has a Hardcore server as well, but ive never seen more than 5 people on it. The only ones that were populated literally had Barracks all over the place. too easy people.

I will be sticking to the DeadlyGaming Vanilla Private Hive from now on.

Yeah, you joined at a bad time. Those things at Kamenka had been accidentally ported over from the Public Weapons+ server when the servers were being updated. Now, like it was normally, there are only barracks at the NW and NE airfields like they are supposed to.

I agree about the helicopters I think there should only be hueys little birds and maybe a black hawk.

Indeed, maybe like how it use to be on DayZ When there was ONE helicopter per server, and it would take hours to fix. I miss those days when owning a helicopter in DayZ was the impossible, but not now, hah, you find them everywhere!

Edited by *Exile* Sami
  • Like 1

Things just got worse, and now a days all you see are "Debug Monitor!" , "Auto Refuel", does it really hurt to take 5 seconds and fill up a damn jerry can? "600 Vehicles!" <---Complete bullshit c: or even worse "APACHES!" Apaches, in DayZ? Are you serious? No, just no so i will end here. Thanks for reading, and i would love to get some comments!

You forgot:

"Free M9SD!"

"Full gear!"

"Free NVGs!"

...or worse...

"PvP BANDITS ONLY NO HEROES FREE AKs!" And everyone is running around with a gold AKS/revolver.

I remember once someone let me run his Private Hive server for a week (he was busy and couldn't let his dedicated device run, so he gave me the .pbos and whatnot)

The server went from, "Custom weapons, rMOD, free vehicles, super spawns, no zombies" to total apocalyptic hell. Spawns changed 50% normal (They were 300% normal before! WTF?!), and ammo spawning was 25% normal. x3 zombies spawned, and no longer slowed down indoors (I found a fix for getting running zombies up stairs. I wish Rocket would talk to me >.>)

I know I'm going to be called an a*shole for "Ruining his server," but everyone on the server loved it-in fact, players per day went up by like 3% or something, which seems like nothing, but it's growth. All the bandits and their precious AS50's ran out of ammo...

And the most beautiful thing happened.

With the dedicated server stat tracker, I was making a line-chart comparing the number of bandits to heroes (not by hand; I have a PC program for it), and the bandit chart spiked as everyone killed each other for the last bits of ammo (the irony), then nosedived. Instead of getting sniped, you'd find a cluster of bandits with fireaxes and crowbars trying to mug you for beans, but wouldn't get close if you were holding a gun because no one had any bandages.

Slowly, even the no-gun bandits disappeared; you saw groups of survivors/heroes mowing down zombies in a giant, dark-age battle of good vs evil. The bandit population went from 9-something% of the total server to 50% on the sixth day, the day before he came back. I remember because I was blasting "What is Love?" by Haddaway when I checked the status. Singing and sit-dancing, as I'm prone to do. :)

So my friend comes back, and at first he's like... "Wtf? Dude, there's no ammo in the NW airfield. I've got like 50 ping; it should've loaded by now. Dude, wtf are you laughing for? Dude, wtf did all the bandits go?" It took him another week to find all the parts needed to fix a pickup truck that only needed a windshield, transmission, and one wheel, plus gas. I turned his bandit-obsessed crap server of jerks sucking Private Hive tit for weapons into scared, frightened survivalists in a super hardcore version of the game.

I love DayZ. No video game could teach me social dynamics like DayZ.

• Like 3

Furthermore...

Has anyone played on a server with a M1A1 Abrams? PMC armored SUV + minigun? AH6 + hydra pods? APC? BMP? On one hand, it ruins the game because they're a pain in the ass and don't belong in the zombie apocalypse, but also fun because the guerilla-warfare of collecting satchel charges, LAW missiles, and the food to hide, wait, attack, and run is a real challenge.

Imagine some jerkface Bandit driving his BVM (it's like the Russian BMPs, but it can shoot flares from its main cannon) down Elektro, killing everyone with the coaxial machine guns, suddenly exploding in a giant, screaming fireball? One of the best parts of DayZ is listening to some a*shole cuss you out for the few seconds he gets before his microphone cuts out.

Only if all servers were like an apocalyptic hell Applejaxc......only if.

Edited by *Exile* Sami

The majority of the playerbase (as with most any game) doesn't want to wait for anything, they want "ZE BESTEST GEAR NAOW!". Work for stuff? HA! People are lazy, there's no denying it, I admit I'm extremely lazy.

Personally I dislike that mentality, but I can't do anything about it so I just deal with it for now. I keep the Bearcats server running as vanilla as I feel is 'comfortable' (close enough), if people prefer it, sweet! If not, well...I pay the bill so they can leave. I'm happy with any amount of players, 1 or 100.

We can't change the fact people are lazy and most admins are greedy (gotta have all them players! ...right?). Best we can hope for is a change with time whether due to updates or those players getting bored of it.

The majority of the playerbase (as with most any game) doesn't want to wait for anything, they want "ZE BESTEST GEAR NAOW!". Work for stuff? HA! People are lazy, there's no denying it, I admit I'm extremely lazy.

But is it to hard to take an extra day to get gear? Whats the fun in getting everything at once? It will only add more tension, because loosing gear that took you days to get is a lot worse then loosing gear that took you one hour to get.

People these days >.<

Edited by *Exile* Sami

Only if all servers were like an apocalyptic hell Applejaxc......only if.

I appreciate the beans, man. I will not be starving tonight :)

I could get you a copy of the .pbo? I'd need time to...ugh...I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. The way DayZ is all set up... I'm so bad with .pbos, I forget sometimes I have Notepad++ installed at all. XD

We made one where you get a random backpack/gun/sidearm/ammo/et cetera and no gear spawns in the map; only zombies and vehicles had anything on them. That as intense; every bullet counted. The only problem was, sometimes you'd be given more gear than you could hold, and your inv wouldn't sho wit. If you dropped something out of your inventory, it was automatically replaced by the next item that was "added" to your inventory. If you dropped your backpack and another one spawned on you, you'd either die or BattlEYE would kick you with a 5 minute warning. We got BattlEYE disabled and restarted... mass chaos. No one had ammo. Couldn't reload my axe anymore.

But is it to hard to take an extra day to get gear? Whats the fun in getting everything at once? It will only add more tension, because loosing gear that took you days to get is a lot worse then loosing gear that took you one hour to get.

People these days >.<

Hard? Yes. and it's hella-fun (is that still a saying?) to take that extra day! But the majority is just lazy, sad to say. Guess I shouldn't say 'majority'...'vocal majority' maybe?

Personally I don't play DayZ for the "woot gear!", it's that not many games can get me on-edge when I hear a twig snap sneaking up to a town; and there's no denying we all love that feeling. "I think it's a human thing, we want to scare the shit out of ourselves" (Eddie Izzard)

The players on my server spawn with 2 bandages, flares, compass, czech pouch. Our donation perks don't offer weapons. We added vehicles to our map, but only to try and make it seem more realistic. Personally I think it is stupid to have hundreds of destructive vehicles, but I also think the default amount is WAY to low.

That was good until the Czech bag. You might as well just disable backpack spawning on your server, seeing as there's only 2 bigger than that.

I appreciate the beans, man. I will not be starving tonight :)

I could get you a copy of the .pbo? I'd need time to...ugh...I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. The way DayZ is all set up... I'm so bad with .pbos, I forget sometimes I have Notepad++ installed at all. XD

We made one where you get a random backpack/gun/sidearm/ammo/et cetera and no gear spawns in the map; only zombies and vehicles had anything on them. That as intense; every bullet counted. The only problem was, sometimes you'd be given more gear than you could hold, and your inv wouldn't sho wit. If you dropped something out of your inventory, it was automatically replaced by the next item that was "added" to your inventory. If you dropped your backpack and another one spawned on you, you'd either die or BattlEYE would kick you with a 5 minute warning. We got BattlEYE disabled and restarted... mass chaos. No one had ammo. Couldn't reload my axe anymore.

No problems, thanks to you as well for beans! Oh man, when i use to admin my DayZ server i would be playing with .pbo's all day everyday, i promised myself im never touching one of those things again, they just kill you dont they? I also had a similar issue, toying with things to much can and will break other things on the server.

Edited by *Exile* Sami

No problems, thanks to you as well for beans! Oh man, when i use to admin my DayZ server i would be playing with .pbo's all day everyday, i promised myself im never touching one of those things again, they just kill you dont they? I also had a similar issue, toying with things to much can and will break other things on the server.

We once had day of the babies. That was a disaster...

I was working on a mod in ArmA that would create a 1:2 ratio for new character skins, so I could make "Child soldiers," literally kid-sized soldiers. I was still working on the skins...

Well I left my @Babies running when I launched the server. After everyone taking half an hour to automatically install the dam mod themselves (whoops), we (friends and I) went on a raid to the SW Airfield.

An army of zombie children...just...it was horrible...

We also experimented with a gamemode called "Tag," where one guy flies a Huey full of 40 zombies that can HALO/parachute-drop them whenever/wherever he wants and control them with the normal group commands. Every 10 minutes the zombies respawn in the helicopter-usually. There were problems with zombies spawning next to the copper or above it, and falling like bloody meteors into the ground. This coupled with the fact that fall damage was disabled on zombies to prevent running downhill as a way to kill zombies, made ODST zombies a cruel reality.

The players on my server spawn with 2 bandages, flares, compass, czech pouch

That was good until the Czech bag. You might as well just disable backpack spawning on your server, seeing as there's only 2 bigger than that.

Assuming it wasn't a typo, isn't the Pouch the tiny one?