Sign in to follow this  
Wotsit

Radeonpro + Increasing FPS

Excuse the tags, I didn't know what to put :P

Anyway, I've been playing DayZ for just under a month now and I've but up with bad fps for almost all of that time and I play more than often I would say. So, I was introduced to Radeonpro and told it could help my fps, the only problem is... I don't have a clue how to use it.

I am also using DayZ commander to fire up DayZ as running it from the usual Arma2OA launcher just doesn't seem to work. I bought the game through steam which has kind of thrown me a little as to setting the radeonpro up.

Everything opens and starts okay but when it comes to the FPS, it's horrible, At times I'm getting 12, when im not near lets say a town and i'm in the middle of no where, i'm in the 24+ zone but then I come to places with buildings or lots of trees etc. and straight back down to about 18 (about my average).

My graphics card isn't the best, I know, but I know it can be better than what it is at the moment. I've tried all different settings in game to try get something better but it's never much difference from being on the normal settings.

If anybody is familiar with Radeonpro and knows how to sort it out with Dayzcommander then that would be awesome, please get in touch.

What CPU + Hard drive do you have.

the game is not optimized + dayz has all the zombies to render + all the bones moving.

Unless you have a SSD citys like cherno/elektro you likely to lag like a mofo! and unless you have a nice CPU your gona lag.

I run with around 40/50 fps (GOOD for dayz) with a Q9550 @ 3.83 + 120GB SSD

In cherno i drop to 25-30, prior to my SSD i would lag out to like 12

What CPU + Hard drive do you have.

the game is not optimized + dayz has all the zombies to render + all the bones moving.

Unless you have a SSD citys like cherno/elektro you likely to lag like a mofo! and unless you have a nice CPU your gona lag.

I run with around 40/50 fps (GOOD for dayz) with a Q9550 @ 3.83 + 120GB SSD

In cherno i drop to 25-30, prior to my SSD i would lag out to like 12

AMD Athlon II p340 Dual-Core

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Yeah I lag out very bad whilst in cherno and elektro, as I said my specs aren't nothing special but I know it can be better than what I usually get. i've been at about 32 max I think and can get to as low as 10 or maybe more when in cherno/elektro.

AMD Athlon™ II p340 Dual-Core

Yeah I lag out very bad whilst in cherno and elektro, as I said my specs aren't nothing special but I know it can be better than what I usually get. i've been at about 32 max I think and can get to as low as 10 or maybe more when in cherno/elektro.

that explains everything, m friend

try optimizing dayz/arma 2

google that

that explains everything, m friend

try optimizing dayz/arma 2

google that

That's what i'm trying to do with Radeonpro which is why I made this post...

The sad thing for me is, all the people saying the exact same thing and there is no single walk through to fix it or help, there are tons of pieces of things to do, but everything i have tried is not helping. IF ANYONE, knows a solid article for Raedon 7900 series, I FREAKING WILL give you my first born.

Cheers!

The sad thing for me is, all the people saying the exact same thing and there is no single walk through to fix it or help, there are tons of pieces of things to do, but everything i have tried is not helping. IF ANYONE, knows a solid article for Raedon 7900 series, I FREAKING WILL give you my first born.

Cheers!

I'm in the same position as you, everything I come across either has no impact or very very little. seriously need something to make it better, i'm sure there is a way without getting a better comp.

AMD Athlon™ II p340 Dual-Core

Arma 2 is CPU Intensive.

That CPU is not going to cope with arma at all especially dayz.

Im running a q9550 + GTX 470 + SSD

I can run the game on high/low and no change in fps, 40/50 average cherno 25+, Ive hit 20 at times depending on the server.

Its just arma 2 for you bro. only people i know who can keep a 30+ fps is my mates running i7 systems.

Hes running a i7 3770K @ 4.4 + GTX 680 SLI Both 4gb editions.

Dont get much better than that system, Even he drops to 30fps in cherno.

Its just the game bro!