richjones19772000

Fed up of fighting in Cherno and Elecktro

I'm looking for a server that has real tactical fighting.I'm fed up of playing on servers where everyone just heads for cherno and Elecktro and fights it out, I want to play a server where u can come across players everywhere and battle it out.

Already on AWA and MYDAYZ which are two of the biggest server providers but there's no enjoyment playing them anymore.

Any suggestions ?

Any suggestions ?

Is DayZ the right game for you?

Maybe you should try Wasteland or some of the Original Arma2 servers.

• Like 3

Is DayZ the right game for you?

Maybe you should try Wasteland or some of the Original Arma2 servers.

I understand what you are saying,and perhaps i have been watching too many sacriel videos but if I want pvp matches ill just fire up battlefields it's far better at it.

I'm looking for a server that has real tactical fighting.I'm fed up of playing on servers where everyone just heads for cherno and Elecktro and fights it out, I want to play a server where u can come across players everywhere and battle it out.

Maybe I don't understand the way you posed the question ... too me it sounds like all you want is PvP ...well that is what I gathered from your first post?

Play wasteland or something (its dayz without zombies I guess). Dayz prolly isnt the game you are looking for.

Edited by Talibambi

Maybe I don't understand the way you posed the question ... too me it sounds like all you want is PvP ...well that is what I gathered from your first post?

I still want pvp but not just focused around the two major cities.

I have wondered about wastelands actually. So it basically the same as dayz but without the Zombies ?, do u still have to loot up ect?

It's nothing like DayZ and I've no idea why people round here suggest it.

We run a Namalsk server and you'll get pvp fights anywhere around the map. You'll also get the toughest zombies in the game on Namalsk and EVR's to also fuck you up :D. Can't remember the last time I played DayZ on Cherno!

• Like 1

I have wondered about wastelands actually. So it basically the same as dayz but without the Zombies ?, do u still have to loot up ect?

It is nothing like DayZ ... it is more like Arma2 with Team Play and Side Missions and a whole lot of PvP or Squad v Squad. There are tons of Vehicles and you only look for Weapons and Ammo ... normally on dead players or in Vehicles. You can build bases and stock them with Weapon Caches ... and there are stores to buy weapons. All players you kill will drop money. There are 3 factions and different classes in those factions.

Anyway, yeah other maps might be the way to go for DayZ and your particular style of play ... I think the Cherno Map is too big and that is why most people gravitate towards those two big cities.

Edited by novogeek
  • Like 1

Maybe try Arma if it's just pure PVP you're after. DayZ is a survival game and PVP is only one element of that.

taviana is an excellent map for finding people all over. go to a busy taviana server and you are bound to have some fun

So aprt from namalsk ( tried it bored me to death) what other maps are good for the style I'm looking for.

Hold on if Namalsk bored you to death then as has been suggested maybe look for another game. Namalsk is one of the best pvp maps in the game if that was what you were after but I have my doubts now tbh.

When you figure out what you like come back and we'll talk!

• Like 1

Hold on if Namalsk bored you to death then as has been suggested maybe look for another game. Namalsk is one of the best pvp maps in the game if that was what you were after but I have my doubts now tbh.

When you figure out what you like come back and we'll talk!

Namalsk is boring as hell.

If I'm looking for a good map, I play Taviana.

Plus, my Namalsk is corrupt. :c

Maybe don't go to Cherno or Elektro if you are tired of it? Seems like the most obvious solution.

I don't mind going into Cherno or Elektro due to two reasons:

1. I make sure there are no snipers around, if they are I try to hunt them down.

2. People in Cherno/Elektro typically have crappier weapons than I do assuming they go there for the same reason I do, to stock pile on drinks and medical supplies.

If you want weapons your best bet is heading up North and scouting for helicopter crashes or just taking them from players that were unlucky enough to come across you and try something.

Edited by CS14

There are so many DayZ aftermods as I say, like Taviana, Lingor, Origins, Oring, etc.

Pick one.

Doood where have you been? DayZ for PvP? Srsly? Wasteland is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better for that kind of stuff dood. Its got machineguns too!

Lol. Wasteland with its 2 servers. I like dayz because you never know what people might have going into a fight. Sometimes its pistol v. pistol, ak v. pistol, dmr v. winchester, etc. The guys with the bigger guns don't often win because most are farmers and don't know how to fight.

The reason why its hard to find pvp north is that its a damn long walk up there. Those guys up there are laying around with their snipers because they don't want to lose their farmed stuff. If you play with a team and you die, its a long walk getting back into the fight up north to help them. That's why there is so much more pvp in the southern cities, just quicker to get back into a fight.

Edited by boatie

I still want pvp but not just focused around the two major cities.

Two words. Lingor Island.

Unfortunately though, the main populated server I played on is hackslapped daily and is now pretty much unplayable. And the other populated server has starting loadouts (fail).

Dunno what to tell you now :(

As many have suggested, if you want pure PVP and nothing else then Wasteland is probably your best bet. If you're like me and enjoy the PVP a lot but also enjoy the zombies and other aspects DayZ has, then I suggest Namalsk. I quite enjoy it for all the survival and PVP it has to offer. It's not to large but not extremely small like Utes.

Already on AWA and MYDAYZ which are two of the biggest server providers but there's no enjoyment playing them anymore.

Any suggestions ?

To be honest, why look for real tactical fighting in a survival game? It seems a bit futile really, given that the aim is to avoid ways of ending up dead and "success" as such is measured in life span.

No offence but ArmA2 is sat paid for right under your nose, along with plenty of combat driven mods.

If persistence prevails, there is probably a like minded PvP player out there somewhere with a private hive.