SteamyBeans

M107 Barrett .50 cal getting banned everywhere..

Almost every server I go to they ban the M107 due to its "locking on" capabilities. Does anyone know if the next patch will fix this? Because the M107 is my favorite gun in this game.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the scoreboard no longer works? Is that also a glitch?

• Like 1

Scoreboard was removed because it was mostly useless... who really cares how many zombies people kill?

M107's unintended "feature" seems to be a glitch, which sucks. Don't know if there are any plans to fix it.

• Like 1

I thought the scoreboard was glitched, since there is a big white line in the middle of my screen. And I used it to see which players were Bambi's and what not.

And I really hope the fix that thing with the m107. Every server has banned them from what I have seen.

Wait what? I haven't used the M107 in a long time, mind filling me in?

Apparently its got the same circle thing as an lav-25 M242 cannon has when aiming at a target.

Why take the trouble banning a weapon when the issue itself will be rectified in the next patch?

Edited by burritoman259
  • Like 1

Apparently its got the same circle thing as an lav-25 M242 cannon has when aiming at a target.

Why take the trouble banning a weapon when the issue itself will be rectified in the next patch?

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up.

We removed the as50 from our server and m107 pretty rare but not banned yet.

The game is much better without this OP junk, our players agree.

Bring back the scoreboard.

• Like 3

I removed the as50 and m107 from my server entirely. They do not belong in a zombie survival game, way to op. They shouldn't have been in the game to begin with.

• Like 6

I would have to disagree. If there is a zombie apocalypse right now who would stop you from using a sniper rifle? Might as well ban the DMR for being able to use night vision with it and the dmr is basically a automatic sniper if you can click dad enough. I use snipers all the time to cover my friends whenever they go into a highly populated area so we don't get killed.

• Like 1

I would have to disagree. If there is a zombie apocalypse right now who would stop you from using a sniper rifle? Might as well ban the DMR for being able to use night vision with it and the dmr is basically a automatic sniper if you can click dad enough. I use snipers all the time to cover my friends whenever they go into a highly populated area so we don't get killed.

Because this game shouldn't revolve around snipers that can instantly kill you in one hit anywhere on your body.

There are many other FPS games that can provide cheap shit like that to you.

Edited by Survivor_Man
  • Like 2

Did you really just compare the DMR to M107/AS50?

• Like 2

Perhaps it is for the best to remove these Anti-Material rifles. Even though they are very fun additions to the game, why not just play regular ArmA? There is so much to blow up with AS50s and M107s!

If you want to be a bandit or cold-blooded murder in DayZ, grab your trusty hatchet and swing it like a man!

• Like 2

I would have to disagree. If there is a zombie apocalypse right now who would stop you from using a sniper rifle?

It's a sniper rifle designed for taking out a tank a mile away.

Uh, yeah... ok.

If there were a zombie apocalypse right now, I'd want to lug around a 20+ lb weapon which is as loud as a cannon.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Plus, since the latest update I've seen only one heli crash.

Try another server. I was playing yesterday and found three heli crashes within 3-5 miles of eachother. Only one had loot though.

Comparing the DMR to an M107/AS50.

The DMR is an honest sniper rifle, the M107/AS50 is a 50cal with a range of one and a half kilometers. I'm fine with snipers, just not getting the engine block ripped out of my truck or getting shot through a wall/my buddy at that kind of distance.

My friends wonder why I don't play the new Redux mod, its because they added ANOTHER fucking anti-material rifle.

Edited by Pandema

Here is another example, if you have a heli shooting at you, or one of the new black hawks, a dmr isn't going to cut it.

Might as well get rid of all the LMGs. Hell, might as well only allow pistols in this game.

I'm a sniper, I enjoy sniping, call me names and whatnot for sniping, don't get so upset because you have been killed by a sniper. You gotta be smart in DayZ and see the sniper before they see you. I've only been killed by a sniper two or three times on dayZ and that's when I was a noob at it. Now before I go anywhere I scope the area out. What usually kills me is when I'm within 50 meters of someone. If you are good at sniping, you can kill anyone in one shot, no matter As50 or CZ550

• Like 2

I'm thinking that we keep the guns, but make the ammo as rare as vehicles. We still need something to take out helis with, they are otherwise invincible. That way, the only time you're killed by an anti material rifle is if your in a vehicle, or if some dude has been saving up his ammo for a romp through Cherno.

Now this I like ^ I would like to see them rarer, which after this update I have yet to find a .50 cal. On servers that haven't banned them. Before, it was like every heli crash had either a barret or an as50. Same goes with the ammo, making it hard to find.

Here is another example, if you have a heli shooting at you, or one of the new black hawks, a dmr isn't going to cut it.

Might as well get rid of all the LMGs. Hell, might as well only allow pistols in this game.

I'm a sniper, I enjoy sniping, call me names and whatnot for sniping, don't get so upset because you have been killed by a sniper. You gotta be smart in DayZ and see the sniper before they see you. I've only been killed by a sniper two or three times on dayZ and that's when I was a noob at it. Now before I go anywhere I scope the area out. What usually kills me is when I'm within 50 meters of someone. If you are good at sniping, you can kill anyone in one shot, no matter As50 or CZ550

Ahaha...haha....hahahahahahaa.... heeheehee.... oh wow. I needed a good laugh, thanks.

See a sniper before they see you? So we're supposed to stop a ghillie-suited faggot lying in the grass on a hillside under a tree from over a mile away? The only reason snipers are even able to do anything in this game is because of the fact that their weapons have OP zeroing capabilities that reduce the skill of firing a sniper rifle down to point-and-click. And let me further point out the fact that snipers only know when their prey is in the area because of the zombies.

Let's see how well you play on the standalone, Mr Awesome Sniper.

Sure, you need something for countering the helicopters, but seriously? the AS50 and M107 have no place AT ALL being used against players. Period. No gun should be a one-shot-kill unless it's a headshot. And let's be perfectly honest, AS50 snipers are, generally speaking, the epitome of skilless cowards.

*Edit* and before you come at me with the old 'omg you're just QQ'ing because you get killed by snipers all the time' argument that is the ONLY thing you pro-50's can come up with, I've been killed by players I think... four times. Only two of them were from a sniper rifle. The first one, I was watching elektro, with an AS50, covering my squad mate. I probably deserved to be shot for leaving my flank exposed.

The other time was a loot-hopper in the barracks spawning into a room I was looting with an AS50. I didn't want to murder him outright because I'd only just started playing and I'm not one for killing people who are defenseless. Needless to say, I got over that moral quandary pretty quick.

Edited by Inception.

See a sniper before they see you? So we're supposed to stop a ghillie-suited faggot lying in the grass on a hillside under a tree from over a mile away?

Real class choice of words there, mate.

The only reason snipers are even able to do anything in this game is because of the fact that their weapons have OP zeroing capabilities that reduce the skill of firing a sniper rifle down to point-and-click. And let me further point out the fact that snipers only know when their prey is in the area because of the zombies.

Zeroing is OP? I suppose we should have sniper rifles shooting flare-like projectiles like in Battlefield 3 or an unrealistic fixed zero at 400m. Sniping is only easy because the game lacks wind effects, and even now it's only easy if the target is still. How is the sniper on the hill different from the KOS guy with the Enfield?

Sure, you need something for countering the helicopters, but seriously? the AS50 and M107 have no place AT ALL being used against players. Period. No gun should be a one-shot-kill unless it's a headshot.

How about a heart shot? Or a gut shot? Or a spine shot? Or an artery-severing shot? Or any of the other endless real-life possibilities? I hope the Standalone has a revamped damage system...

• Like 4

xianyu, if not a sniper, what else do we have to anti-heli tools? They removed the rocket launcher because it never really worked. Are you suggesting that we resort to firing our DMRs and M4s into the glass waiting for the year that it finally shatters?

• Like 1