Sign in to follow this  
dutchmuffin

Am I going to be banned?

So, whilst playing on a private server, a Hacker pulled me up into the forest, and changed myself into a Dog. For a multitude of reasons, I was unable to report him to the admins, so I was stuck hanging around with him as a dog, so he teleported us into Elektro, and we started talking ( VON ) to people running around there. Eventually, we both got Admin Banned from the server ( which I'm perfectly okay with ) but was wondering if I'm going to possibly get global banned. It's just curiosity. And before someone says "why don't you report him" I honestly couldn't.

Edited by rampantArsonist

You could have quit the game instead of playing pooch.

• Like 1

Oh but it was fun, and I wasn't doing anybody any harm. I assumed the damage was done as soon as I animorphed.

If it was a private sever and you, yourself didn't actually do any of the scripting, then you should be fine and you will just be banned from that Private server.

Also Admin bans are just banns from that sever. Next time I recommend aborting whenever fishy things start going on.

• Like 1

Thanks, I knew that admin bans were serverside only, but I was just wondering if BE picked me up. Thanks!

Thanks, I knew that admin bans were serverside only, but I was just wondering if BE picked me up. Thanks!

In other words, you just wanted to share your story.

Or maybe, just maybe, he wanted to know whether he'd be banned. Like he asked.

Or maybe, just maybe, he wanted to know whether he'd be banned. Like he asked.

So, whilst playing on a private server, a Hacker pulled me up into the forest, and changed myself into a Dog. For a multitude of reasons, I was unable to report him to the admins, so I was stuck hanging around with him as a dog, so he teleported us into Elektro, and we started talking ( VON ) to people running around there. Eventually, we both got Admin Banned from the server ( which I'm perfectly okay with ) but was wondering if I'm going to possibly get global banned. It's just curiosity. And before someone says "why don't you report him" I honestly couldn't.

The part in red, taken in context with your avatar, tells me that this is something that your buddy (the hacker) and you agreed upon beforehand.

We're not stupid here.

No beans given.

If I could just highjack your thread real quick and ask if the menus that scripters put on your screen are any different? If you spawn something with that menu is it as if you ran the script yourself? No I did not try it i'm just wondering.

If I could just highjack your thread real quick and ask if the menus that scripters put on your screen are any different? If you spawn something with that menu is it as if you ran the script yourself? No I did not try it i'm just wondering.

Nope. As long as you're not the one executing the scripts and using the bypass, you will not be banned.

The only way you can be banned is by executing hacks yourself, or by downloading them and having your key stolen.

Hello there

You may well be admin banned, but no, no battleye ban.

Rgds

LoK

I find this troubling. There are so many anti combat logging measures implemented in to the game. Then people give advice to others that when something like hacking happens, you should just in essence, combat log. I hope everyone sees the irony of advice like that. And by that measure the absurdity of implementing such features in to the game when the client-server architecture is what it is.

Edited by Jonsse

The part in red, taken in context with your avatar, tells me that this is something that your buddy (the hacker) and you agreed upon beforehand.

We're not stupid here.

No beans given.

I don't understand how my old avatar that simply held my handle's initials, or my new avatar, a fucking dog in a hat would elude at fucking all that me and the hacker were in cahoots.

I find this troubling. There are so many anti combat logging measures implemented in to the game. Then people give advice to others that when something like hacking happens, you should just in essence, combat log. I hope everyone sees the irony of advice like that. And by that measure the absurdity of implementing such features in to the game when the client-server architecture is what it is.

Yeah but don't you think that combat logging during a hacker attack is a bit of a special case? I hate combat logging myself and never condone it but what choice do you have against a hacker? Luckily It seems most hackers have god awful aim (Maybe why they hack?)