jman

Expanding the "usable" map into the barren wasteland.

I don't know if this is already planned or not but I would like to see the map expanded upon into the open barren space. New towns, cities, roads farms, villages and stuff. The total map area is many times larger the play area and I think it would be very nice to add to the map instead of just changing things. I don't mind some changes but I would rather have new things added around the current map because many places I like as they are. I would assume this is possible and no I'm not talking about making Cherno 3x larger. Nothing that crazy. Yes I would love it but I'm not going to bother asking for that because it wont happen.

Edited by veprman
  • Like 1

There's been screenshots of new cities to explore, so I assume that answers your concern. In terms of expanding into that wasteland, wouldn't more wasteland be needed to fill those borders?

Edited by Beloozero

There's been screenshots of new cities to explore, so I assume that answers your concern. In terms of expanding into that wasteland, wouldn't more wasteland be needed to fill those borders?

Well I knew about that but don't know where they are. I also couldn't tell if the swamp in the video is new space or modded existing space. Hopefully Rocket will see and respond or I'll get to ask in a Q&A. No, no more wasteland is needed. It is MANY MANY times bigger than Cherno. You could quadruple the map size and still have LOTS of wasteland left.

Edited by veprman

Isn't the new city NW of Cherno (due to the radio tower in the back ground), Novy Selki?

I'd like to see this happen. Is it reasonable to think that this would be relaitvely easy to expand? The landscape and assets are all there, as are the abrupt ends of some major roads heading North. This should be pretty simple shouldn't it?

The "wasteland" you are talking about in the north is probably the debug plains, to do this it would require a small update that would replace the map texture, but the map was designed for missions around the area, not smooth rolling hills.

The "wasteland" you are talking about in the north is probably the debug plains, to do this it would require a small update that would replace the map texture, but the map was designed for missions around the area, not smooth rolling hills.

Yes, but to the north and west.