Raider (DayZ)

What Were Your First DayZ Moments Like?

65 members have voted

1. 1. How did you die the first time?

• Player Killed!
    • Eaten by Zombies!
    • Starved to Death! (Died of Thirst)

When i first started dayz i logged into my first server, i spawned in elektro, there where like 8 - 12 people in the hospital all being friendly we survived together for a while then went our seperate ways, i survived for 7 days before i died (i ran out of food way up north, i found a cow but it vanished on me when i tried to gut it :() ive never seen anything like it sinse, tell me about your first dayz moments! :)

Edited by Raider
  • Like 1

My first few deaths all involved me falling off of ladders and walkways, snapping a few limbs, and then being eaten by the zombies. Good times.

Was shot in the head by a sniper within 15 seconds of spawning my 1st time...no idea were I was at, because I didn't know to look lol.

2nd death was almost the same but the sniper only got my leg and that put me in cover...though I was bleeding and KO'd so nearby Zeds ate me...

I moved servers after that and my deaths were much classier :D

Edited by Thorsblood

I ran along the beach into the city I now know as Elektro. Through my looting I acquired my first pistol, a hatchet and a couple of other items (food, bandages ect).

Running past Elektro in the direction I hoped was Cherno I found an abandoned truck sitting at the roadside. Surprisingly the truck worked! It had almost a full tank of fuel and everything was great apart from a busted windshield and slightly damaged wheels.

As I drove along the road I came across a fresh spawn, going in the same direction I was heading. I talked in chat for him to drop his pistol and hit the floor. He obeyed and after I felt safe I got out of the vehicle to have a talk with him. He had been playing for a couple of days, which was a good thing because we were both noobs and it made me feel less intimidated.

After contemplating on shooting him, I decided against it and we slowly became good friends. I was glad I didn't have to kill him at this time because the thought of it would make me feel pretty guilty. We hopped in the truck and continued the drive. Not too far along the road we came across what appeared to be an industrial site, a 3 storey building with a dock behind it.

I decided to not check it out but Evan (my partners name, forgot to mention) said he had spotted two guys running into the building. I quickly drove left, off the road and into the treeline, where I drove up the hill and parked in a near-by bush. We finally made the choice to check the place out. We stealthy made our way across the field, and along the wall to the side of the building.

I went in the back while Evan went through the front, we went through every room on the ground floor and met up at the stairs. I went first, up to the next floor. We found a body of a survivor. He was a fresh spawn, his gear has been looted. It appeared that the two guys ran into trouble and fled to the building for safety, no sign of the other survivor. We then went to the roof, looking across the coast. Not much was hear, a small village in the distance, the road we had came across was behind us.

Suddenly, Evan said he had heard shootings from below us. He stayed on the roof while I slowly made my way down the stairs. My stomach dropping with every stair I went down. I heard Evan shooting from above. His firing was frantic and rushed. I tried talking to him to ask what had happened but no response. I decided to head down to the bottom floor as nobody had fired back at Evan and I thought maybe he had killed him.

A bandit rushed through the open front door, opposite the stairs. I quickly shot a few into his chest, but with two shots to the head I was down. Unconscious and bleeding out.

I died, respawned. Back to the coast with me.

Several minutes later, on the messages.

"Evan was killed."

• Like 2

Death, just death.

Edited by Spentmind

Player killed - over and over and over.

So far this game has been a waste of $30.

Here's my experience has been:

-spawn and get killed by some guy in a vehicle driving up and down the coast killing newly spawned players.

-spawn and get killed by some guy running around the coast shooting every.

-spawn and make it to cover... then spend 10-15 minutes crawling to a city to try to get water, food and a weapon. Get killed while unarmed by some jackass.

-spawn and make it to cover... then spend 10-15 minutes crawling to a city to try to get water, food and a weapon. Get mauled by countless zombies and die.

-spawn and make it to cover... then spend 10-15 minutes crawling to a city to try to get water, food and a weapon. Get mauled by zombies - escape then get shot in the country side by some asshole.

-spawn and just run the fuck into the woods and get away from cities. Get to a small town and find a weapon - then starve and dehydrate to death because I can barely enter any builds and none of the open buildings have anything of use.

-spawn and try to make it to the airfield in the south so that I can at least get a weapon before trying to get to a city to look for food water. Get shot while unarmed by some jackass.

-spawn and get to a small town. Find some food and water... Holy shit, I'm actually getting somewhere. Get spawned to an island in the middle of nowhere and shot.

-spawn and get teleported to the NW airfield and shot.

-spawn and crawl for 5 minutes to a small town then get teleported to an island and shot.

So far the game has felt like it has potential but hasn't lived up to any of it. It's just frustrating and frankly feels like a waste of time... Who am I that I'm just spawning on some beach with some bandaids, tylonol and a flashlight? Why aren't I slightly better equipped to begin with? Why can I melee with zombies to at least have a bit of a chance at the beginning? Why can't I at least start with a knife or something?

I don't mind dying. What I can't stand is people using hacks and people killing other players who are unarmed. At least start me with something to defend myself - if I'd just had a pistol I could have defended myself this last game where some asshole shot me while I was crawling through bushes avoiding zombies. I literally had no way to defend myself, and had spawned maybe 10 minutes earlier. Perhaps the first hour of a life you need to be made unkillable by players until you've at least picked up a gun or something. It's just ridiculous how assholish the players are in this game.

I want to like the game - but so far it's more fun to watch than it is to play (I enjoy Frankie's playthrough, although I doubt he's doing it honestly).

Edited by West67

I was new to PC gaming when I first started, I didn't understand the servers or the game properly and how it worked with real time day/night. My first server I joined was almost pitch black months ago and it's safe to say I was shutting myself and acting like a little girl running round like a headless chicken. Ended with death by zombies in Cherno in one of the white hotelish buildings.

@West67

Your obviously going the wrong way about things, use the dayz database map on the website to start with, helps you with your loot. I don't know about anyone else but I've never come close to starvation or dehydration, there is loot everywhere.

On the bandits killing new spawns, they are the kids who sit on the coast and like to act tough because they struggle killing geared players.

If your playing on your own it might be best to try play with another experienced player, ill be glad to play one day. Other than that it also depends on the server your on

Back in days when you spawned with beans and a Makarov and lots of people were new, I joined a nighttime server and was pretty scared. Ran along the coast at a kind person's instructions (good ol' Side chat) and bumped into a fellow group of survivors - numbering about 6, one of them held aloft a flare and ran at the front while the others ran along behind with makarovs out. For hours we roamed up and down the coast, adding to our numbers, until someone had the idea to start putting people down. We charged through Cherno, killing anyone and anything that wasn't a member of the group, lighting the way ahead by taking turns to throw flares - the whole coast was lit. We met our demise en-masse when someone with an automatic weapon opened fire on us from a rooftop - don't remember which now.

"Sooo... this is DayZ? Looks pretty interesting.

I guess the guys down there are the zombies, i should check them out."

I was dead 1 minute later.

>Dies because dunno how to get rid of zombies

>Spawns and finds this friendly bandit-kid and follows him around

>I get killed by zombies

>I tell my friend which told me to get dayz that this sucks

>stop playing for a while

>gets back on

>finds a hatchet and continues to do raids around Cherno

>Super-happy-fun-time with friend

fin

The first time that I spawned I got killed by a bandit driving around the coast searching for (ONLY) unarmed players

-spawn and get killed by some guy in a vehicle driving up and down the coast killing newly spawned players.

-spawn and make it to cover... then spend 10-15 minutes crawling to a city to try to get water, food and a weapon. Get killed while unarmed by some jackass.

-spawn and make it to cover... then spend 10-15 minutes crawling to a city to try to get water, food and a weapon. Get mauled by countless zombies and die.

-spawn and make it to cover... then spend 10-15 minutes crawling to a city to try to get water, food and a weapon. Get mauled by zombies - escape then get shot in the country side by some asshole.

-spawn and just run the fuck into the woods and get away from cities. Get to a small town and find a weapon - then starve and dehydrate to death because I can barely enter any builds and none of the open buildings have anything of use.

-spawn and try to make it to the airfield in the south so that I can at least get a weapon before trying to get to a city to look for food water. Get shot while unarmed by some jackass.

-spawn and get to a small town. Find some food and water... Holy shit, I'm actually getting somewhere. Get spawned to an island in the middle of nowhere and shot.

-spawn and crawl for 5 minutes to a small town then get teleported to an island and shot.

So far the game has felt like it has potential but hasn't lived up to any of it. It's just frustrating and frankly feels like a waste of time... Who am I that I'm just spawning on some beach with some bandaids, tylonol and a flashlight? Why aren't I slightly better equipped to begin with? Why can I melee with zombies to at least have a bit of a chance at the beginning? Why can't I at least start with a knife or something?

I don't mind dying. What I can't stand is people using hacks and people killing other players who are unarmed. At least start me with something to defend myself - if I'd just had a pistol I could have defended myself this last game where some asshole shot me while I was crawling through bushes avoiding zombies. I literally had no way to defend myself, and had spawned maybe 10 minutes earlier. Perhaps the first hour of a life you need to be made unkillable by players until you've at least picked up a gun or something. It's just ridiculous how assholish the players are in this game.

I want to like the game - but so far it's more fun to watch than it is to play (I enjoy Frankie's playthrough, although I doubt he's doing it honestly).

While parts of his videos are dishonest, most of it is honest.

Anyway, on to DayZ:

You're just doing it wrong.

1. It isn't hard to find a weapon, you can get a makarov in almost every second residential building.

2. I noticed that you said you crawl everywhere. Zombies aren't much of a threat. Easy to out run and lose them. Don't go crazy, running down the middle of a street in Cherno, but be brave.

3. In relation to you not finding a weapon, you just don't know where to look. If you have no primary, check barns, firestations, etc. Secondary weapons can be found in houses, supermarkets, firestations and even churches.

Search up DayZ database map to see loot spawns on a map of Chernarus.

If you see a player and you are unarmed, hide or talk to them in direct chat while strafing side to side.

Don't discredit a game because you don't know how to play.

I died to a player almost immediately! Back in the day when we spawned with makarovs... :P good dayz them where.

I will never forget it. I spawned in cherno, spent about an hour sneaking around looking for a weapon and had some guy give me a pistol and walk away. Didn't say anything, just dropped it on the floor in front of me and walked away. I could have shot him, but he did give me a gun to protect myself so I didn't.

First time I played I hit the hospital in Cherno, I picked up a crossbow and a Czech Backpack off of a dead player, had a pistol, enough food and water, I loaded up and ran along helping server veterans, I became known as the Server Medic, because I'd run the map and heal people. One day a clan rolled in and I got hit in some cross fire, I tried to hit cover in Stary, I was making a run to NEAF (North East Airfield) I am not sure I got hit again or the Zed's ate me, I was being chased and shot at. I'll leave it as I got all of my favors repaid. To bad that server isn't up anymore.

Edited in red

Edited by A_Moss_Herder

To be fair, they also did pay to play however they like. And what if they don't have food/drink or need a bandaid and are about to die? You spawn with them so you have what they need. It is a SURVIVAL mod, that means do whatever it takes to survive. Also why would you wash up on the shore with a bunch of stuff? Or why would you want too? Once you get geared up the only thing that's fun anymore is hunting down other players, anyone who has geared up will know that. In a world with no rules, people can do whatever the hell they want. If you're a fresh spawn I don't get why you're mad, you could spawn in a better place and find better loot. Once I got killed by a guy driving an SUV, spawned in three vally *I think that's the place* and found a camo pack and a bunch of other good stuff including a working car about 15-20 mins up the road from where I spawned. Dying is part of the game and makes you play more.

Spawn.

Try to figure out basic controls.

Agrro a Zombie.

Fail to kill it with my makarov (back in the day when you spawned with one)

Get hit.

kill Zombie.

Die because I couldn't figure out how to bandage.

My first few deaths all involved me falling off of ladders and walkways, snapping a few limbs, and then being eaten by the zombies. Good times.

I started yesterday.. and exactly ^that.. :'D

I got player killed the first time by someone camping at Balota, but I had experience with Arma II campaign and knew the map, so all I had to do was find a gun in cherno and it was lights out for that bandit. That was my first kill, and I was still confused as shit oin how to play, but it was fun as all hell. Later got script killed, rofl. Welcome to DayZ Mod

Edited by OfficerRaymond