Sign in to follow this  
bilbey

Humanity improvement ideas...

These are ideas for the standalone...

To understand my suggestion completely, you should read it all!

Humanity on the game is great in my opinion. It shows people who bandits are, it shows people who heroes are. It makes you make a decision which path you should take... Do i take the good side and work towards becoming a Hero? Do i take the bad side and look out for myself (and other trusted people, like a group of friends) and usually shoot on sight. Killing other players for their gear ect.

In the standalone, i believe the game should give traits to the individual paths. I don't mean choose able perks like COD. I mean background traits that are gained (as in no on-screen pop up tells you about the trait you had just unlocked). The traits that can be gained can both help and hinder you. For instance...

BANDITS

-5000 humanity, you gain shock resistance. (you shake less after being hurt) - (earned because of the thick skin needed to kill innocents)

-10000 humanity, you gain better shooting environment. (sniping is slightly more steady) - (earned because of the character is more experienced with shooting players.

-15000 humanity, gains you with the bandit skin. Looks cool, but it alerts other players about you.

The traits gained are useful but there are also some traits that hinder you (bandit skin that alerts players)

This won't just be for bandits...

HERO

+5000 humanity, you can bandage wounds slightly quicker. (could show how the player is getting used to giving bandages)

+10000 humanity, you can sprint for longer. (could show how the character has rushed to aid people like an infantry medic would do)

+15000 humanity, sniping is slightly harder. (showing that the character isn't used to shooting people ect)

Again, there are useful traits and hindering traits.

I DONT LITERALLY MEAN THAT THOSE ARE THE TRAITS THAT SHOULD BE IN THE GAME, JUST IDEAS.

I feel that the humanity system can be improved to make the humanity system more rewarding, even make the game more tactical. Like W.O.W there are races that have strengths and weaknesses, you have to play the game and work to your strengths and try and avoid your weaknesses.

Situation Example

using the traits i suggested imagine this. You're a hero and you notice a bandit looking your way from a far. You know he has the advantage because bandits are better snipers, so you will have to get closer to him. Knowing that speed is your strength you run, swerving in and out to cover. Now you are closer to the bandit, you decide to take shots at him. You lean out of cover and shoot in his direction. You are confident you have at least hit the bandit. The bandit is hit but still manages to shoot back at you because of his shock/pain resistance which stops his aim from faulting too much. You are both hit and you both bandage your wounds after quickly taking cover. Because you bandage your wounds much quicker, you are able to run to another point of cover. The bandit has just bandaged and looks back to where you last was. You then lean out from your new point of cover, but the bandit notices too late and you kill him.

Just an example of how my suggestion could work. Don't take the information too literally, after all I'm typing this as it comes into my head. I'm sure there are some flaws with my idea, but I'm sure they could be fixed

I don't know.. I just don't like the idea of giving 'perks' to playstyles. Sure they're minor things but why make it even easier for people who only live to PvP to PvP?

I do agree that the bandit skin should come at a much lower humanity than it currently does. I got bored once, killed a load of people in Cherno (unlike me usually) and now am stuck with a bandit skin, meaning players north of Mogilevka (i.e. where the fun actually starts) just shoot me on sight rather than giving me a second chance, all thanks to me doing this one murder spree. Makes it basically impossible not to KoS in the wildy for me.

Just back to your ideas, your example seems to me like an attempt at adding 'balance' to the game, which Rocket has stated many a time is not one of the key features of DayZ.

• Like 1

I don't see perks as being a good way to 'balance' the game, I think infection will play a larger role in balancing the game in the stand alone. Maybe if you loot dead players you have a higher chance of catching the 'infection' of some sort. You can still not be a bandit and loot dead players but if you are a bandit merely by coming into contact with dead players more often you will have a higher chance of catching it,.

all thanks to me doing this one murder spree.

lol, how many 'murdering sprees' should one be allowed before being considered a bandit?

I don't know.. I just don't like the idea of giving 'perks' to playstyles. Sure they're minor things but why make it even easier for people who only live to PvP to PvP?

I do agree that the bandit skin should come at a much lower humanity than it currently does. I got bored once, killed a load of people in Cherno (unlike me usually) and now am stuck with a bandit skin, meaning players north of Mogilevka (i.e. where the fun actually starts) just shoot me on sight rather than giving me a second chance, all thanks to me doing this one murder spree. Makes it basically impossible not to KoS in the wildy for me.

Just back to your ideas, your example seems to me like an attempt at adding 'balance' to the game, which Rocket has stated many a time is not one of the key features of DayZ.

I don't mean to make it more PVP based. I didn't type this suggestion with the intention of creating balance, just depth. But i can see how it does give balance and if Rocket doesn't want balance then fair enough!

• Like 1

I actually like this concept. It could do with a bit of tweaking but there is no reason some thing like this could not be implemented in the stand alone. It may actually make the hero/bandit skins worth while. In all honesty the only times I am ever not wearing camo clothing/ghillie is when I am a fresh spawn or when I think I am going on a one way mission. So in the grand scheme of things the skins mean absolutely nothing to me.

At the moment the hero skin is completely worthless. 2 friends can easily keep hero skins yet be hostile to any other random player on the map.

Haha... been sending too many e-mails at work. I was about to sign this e-mail with my real name....

• Like 1