Sign in to follow this  
lyfe

Time to PANIC!

great video!

yeah, if you play like before patch, you're in for a world of hurt.

i don't want to preach to anyone as many of you have logged many more hours than I, but the only way i found i can prevent being swarmed by Zeds after patch is:

1. don't stand unless you want to fight them. always crouch/prone when navigating zombies

2. use crouch and shadows, unless you want a swarm. they seem more sensitive to light levels now and can be lost more easily if crouched or prone in shadows..

3. Keep a few tin cans in your inventory AT ALL TIMES and use them to distract and herd them. it works wonders. even if they are coming at you you can throw a can and prone immediately, there is a good chance they turn around to go after the noise. throwing a tin can off the tower would have drawn them all away. before entering a building and before leaving one, i always throw a can in the opposite direction of my escape route.

4. AXES not GUNS. do everything humanly possible to NOT use guns on Zeds...you're ringing the dinner bell. most times 1 good hit with axe/crowbar kills them

i cant stress point 3 enough...the cans are there for a reason and they WORK.

good luck

Your buddies packing a DMR, that's not going to help.

• Like 1

lol

great video!

yeah, if you play like before patch, you're in for a world of hurt.

i don't want to preach to anyone as many of you have logged many more hours than I, but the only way i found i can prevent being swarmed by Zeds after patch is:

3. Keep a few tin cans in your inventory AT ALL TIMES and use them to distract and herd them. it works wonders. even if they are coming at you you can throw a can and prone immediately, there is a good chance they turn around to go after the noise. throwing a tin can off the tower would have drawn them all away. before entering a building and before leaving one, i always throw a can in the opposite direction of my escape route.

4. AXES not GUNS. do everything humanly possible to NOT use guns on Zeds...you're ringing the dinner bell. most times 1 good hit with axe/crowbar kills them

good luck

Never though about throwing tin cans.. right before we went up into the control tower I was in the barracks (added on our server) threw a red smoke grenade and aggro'd like 7 military zombies.. ran up to it and chucked a regular grenade into the smoke, got hit started bleeding.. tried to watch the grenade go off, but it never did.. rand to a tree.. thats when JAYSON up on the C.T started shooting the zombies for me, I ran to him to give him the DMR i found earlier and they just started swarming the place..

What do you do when you have 2 weapons.. one on you and one in your pack, and you have the hatchet.. drop your primary on the ground to equip the hatchet? I need to start using the hatchet more often. AWESOME advice on the tin cans, I will try this out today!:)

Yeah dropping the primary would be the only way to switch to hatchet unless you had room for 2 rifles (20 slots total) free in your pack. i make it a habit to be in hatchet mode at all times. i keep the rifle stored and have my trusty sidearm.

Personally I always try to use my side arm to dispose of Zombies (after I've sneaked around a bit and let them disperse a little) as they are always quieter. I NEVER use DMRs or any kind of 7.62 or higher calibre rounds to shoot Z's - that's "people killer" ammo and should be reserved for such, it's for NOT taking out the zombie trash. By using these weapons all you do is attract attention to yourself and your mates and potentially give your location away. It's a bit of a waste of ammo. Problem is too many newbies watching FrankieonPC and listening to his early Day Z advice.

In regards to using a hatchet - I personally think it's too dangerous now as the problem with Melee weapons is the effective range is arms length, that's your arms length but more importantly it's also the Zombies arms length and DAY z is way too buggy for that! Also I play mostly Taviana and I would love to see someone clear out one of the military barracks on Taviana with a hatchet!

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

We were meeting up so I could give him the DMR, he was a fresh spawn and I wanted to give it to him. It just happened that we met up at N.E airport.

Also I play mostly Taviana and I would love to see someone clear out one of the military barracks on Taviana with a hatchet!

I ran into this situation with 3 bolts in a crossbow, i got away.. after finding a M!014 and running for my life lol

Is it me or are the new zombies kind of a roadblock for the first few seconds after you kill them? Was it always like that? I see you get hung up on them a few times in the vid.

Is it me or are the new zombies kind of a roadblock for the first few seconds after you kill them? Was it always like that? I see you get hung up on them a few times in the vid.

I noticed too.. also the bodies of the zombies blocked the way of the attacking zombies.