Sign in to follow this  
Welch (DayZ)

Shoving zeds?

What if we had a main weapon melee move where we could shove a zed away from us, or to the ground, or over a railing? It could help with the 'stuck in the corner and surrounded by infected' problem, too.

• Like 4

Its a limitation of the current engine I believe but it would be nice if this could be worked on in stand alone.

Good suggestion and i think it's possible but if you are already cornered you made a wrong move somewhere and with that horde of zeds in front of you what happens is most likely "dinnertime"

I can see how using a cupboard door or old riot shield would be handy for shoving the odd zombie out of the way, but you shouldn't be able to shove 2 aggro'ing zombies.

What if we had a main weapon melee move where we could shove a zed away from us, or to the ground, or over a railing? It could help with the 'stuck in the corner and surrounded by infected' problem, too.

Like in Minecraft ?

I think this is a good idea but it could be exploited or over used, maybe a stamina bar so you cant shove and shove endless streams of zeds. but yeah a good idea

I think this is a good idea but it could be exploited or over used, maybe a stamina bar so you cant shove and shove endless streams of zeds. but yeah a good idea

I guess it could be like where you could shove forever, but only your first few hits will be powerful, and the shoves gradually get weaker until your push is only making the fall back a step.

Edited by Welch
  • Like 1

IIRC Rocket wants some kind of "emergency unarmed combat" in SA, in my mind, a "rifle-shove" is in the same boat (not damaging, but pushes zeds back)

As for limiting their use, that kind of action wouldn't stop zeds from hitting you, it would just stop them from being able to do it so often. So it's not going to be able to save your ass indefinitely.

You'd have to be facing the guy your wanting to shove, so you couldn't shove more than one zed at a time anyway.

Great idea. What game is that off? when you keep shoving they get weaker and weaker? Wait. Res 6. just remembered haha

Great idea. What game is that off? when you keep shoving they get weaker and weaker? Wait. Res 6. just remembered haha

Left 4 Dead has a shove, too, which is what I was thinking of more.